It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:14

Text Size

Triplicate Forest and Mountain entries in the catalogue?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Triplicate Forest and Mountain entries in the catalogue?

Postby flick00tor » 07 Jun 2020, 08:25

Since yesterday I see triplicate entries in the card catalogue for Forests and Mountains.
I mean. I see 6 Mountains under LEA 9 under LEV, 12 under MIR - three times the normal number of cards for each set.
No issue for the other basic land types. This is happening at the same the Audit Card and Image Data report shows Forest and Mountain numberless picture names are expected to have the number instead (as in Mountain1 instead of just Mountain).
This is not happening for all other basic land types.

Any clue?
flick00tor

Re: Triplicate Forest and Mountain entries in the catalogue?

Postby CptKird » 07 Jun 2020, 16:57

What does your LEB/B folder look like for Mountains? You should have:

Mountain1.full.jpg
Mountain2.full.jpg
Mountain3.full.jpg

in there.

Forge expects 3 different Mountains there, as you can see in /res/editions/Limited Edition Beta.txt

C Mons's Goblin Raiders
L Mountain
L Mountain
L Mountain
R Mox Emerald

Does it look like this (your B folder and your editions txt-file) on your system as well?

If so, can you post a screenshot of your deck editor, showing the triplicates?
Thanks!
K.
CptKird

Postby flick00tor » 07 Jun 2020, 20:54

Everything is like you describe, as it should be.

My LEB folder looks exactly as you indicate with the three Mountains named Mountain1, Mountain2, and Mountain3.
The same for each and every other expansion set. All Mountains and all Forests from all sets are affected, while Islands, Swamps and Plains are just fine.
Here is how my card catalog looks like:
Schermata 2020-06-07 alle 22.32.58.png

Everything was working just fine the day before yesterday.

Any help would be appreciated.
flick00tor

Postby CptKird » 07 Jun 2020, 21:18

Hm, ok, what's weird is your card count, just downloaded latest snapshot and it should be 40.976 cards (all art variants), so I suspect something might be wrong in your res folder.

Try downloading Forge again, unpack somewhere else and launch from there, see if that changes your card count.

If not, exit Forge, then move all the files in your preferences folder (C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Roaming\Forge\preferences) to a safe place, except forge.preferences (I don't think there'd be a problem) and re-launch Forge to see if that changed anything.

Hope there's a solution included :)
Keep us posted!
K.
CptKird

Postby flick00tor » 07 Jun 2020, 23:57

CptKird wrote:Try downloading Forge again, unpack somewhere else and launch from there, see if that changes your card count.

If not, exit Forge, then move all the files in your preferences folder (C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Roaming\Forge\preferences) to a safe place, except forge.preferences (I don't think there'd be a problem) and re-launch Forge to see if that changed anything.
Thanks for the suggestions.
I actually tried both.

Downloading, unpacking and lauching from a different location apparently solves the issue.
Removing all files except for forge.preferences from the preferences folder instead didn't.

I remembered I also have forge on an older laptop which shared the preference folder with the newer. I checked that as well and Forge on the older laptop is showing the same problem. So, I guess, something in the preferences folder is causing it.

I'm using a shared folder on g-drive to share decks across two computers. This has worked semlessly until yesterday.

Any idea what, in the preferences folder, could cause such a behavior?
flick00tor

Postby CptKird » 08 Jun 2020, 01:19

I'm pretty sure it's not the forge.preferences file itself.

The decks subfolder is part of your user folder which also includes the preferences subfolder. Is your whole user folder on that shared cloud drive?
If so, who knows what might go wrong there, that'd certainly be a google issue?

If you did not change anything inside the freshly unpacked Forge folder, it must have used your Windows/the default user folder location, which would also point to the cloud drive as source of the problem.

After reading the fresh unpack worked I thought: fresh res folder! But you say your old laptop has the same issue? Do both laptops share the same res or even the same Forge folder?
IF you just copied your Forge folder from your old laptop to your new one, I'd still say the source of the problem lies there..

Try ruling out the cloud drive, then the res folder as problem sources.

Read you tomorrow :)
K.

PS: maybe compare the contents of your cloud preferences with the newly created ones in your local user folder, see if there are some significant differences.
CptKird

Postby flick00tor » 10 Jun 2020, 13:36

CptKird wrote:I'm pretty sure it's not the forge.preferences file itself.
Try ruling out the cloud drive, then the res folder as problem sources.
PS: maybe compare the contents of your cloud preferences with the newly created ones in your local user folder, see if there are some significant differences.
Thanks for the suggestions.
I'm trying to do it step by step hoping to isolate the root cause of the problem.

I restored my entire pics folder from a backup copy. While doing that I noticed that the backup copy didn't have a few filename fixes I have done recently like changing Island, Swamp, etc. to Island1, Swamp1..., the weird thing though is that if I run the "Audit Card and Image Data" only Mountain1 and Forest1 are indicated as missing, no mention of the other basic lands types which also do not have the 1 in their name (following picture shows RIX and RNA as an example).

I'm really puzzled by this thing only affecting Mountains and Forests...
Attachments
Schermata 2020-06-10 alle 15.30.34.png
flick00tor

Postby CptKird » 10 Jun 2020, 19:22

RIX and RNA do not need a "1" there, those sets only have one art for each basic land type!
Then a sequential numbering is not what Forge is looking for :)
Those sets which have these entries in their editions .txt-file:

192 L Plains
193 L Island
194 L Swamp
195 L Mountain
196 L Forest

just need

Plains.full.jpg
Island.full.jpg
Swamp.full.jpg
Mountain.full.jpg
Forest.full.jpg

All other sets with more than one basic land entry, need sequential numbering as shown in my first response.

Fingers crossed we're near a solution here but keep us posted!
Being that those are two of my favourite colors, and all.. :D

K.
CptKird

Postby flick00tor » 10 Jun 2020, 20:46

CptKird wrote:RIX and RNA do not need a "1" there, those sets only have one art for each basic land type!
Then a sequential numbering is not what Forge is looking for :)
Those sets which have these entries in their editions .txt-file:

192 L Plains
193 L Island
194 L Swamp
195 L Mountain
196 L Forest

just need

Plains.full.jpg
Island.full.jpg
Swamp.full.jpg
Mountain.full.jpg
Forest.full.jpg

All other sets with more than one basic land entry, need sequential numbering as shown in my first response.

Fingers crossed we're near a solution here but keep us posted!
Being that those are two of my favourite colors, and all.. :D

K.
Yes, this is also my understanding and the reason why I had Mountain.full.jpg and Forest.full.jpg (and not Mountain1... and Forest1...) in my RIX, RNA (and a few sets more) folders.
However, the audit report shows them as missing pictures (see log from my previous message) unless I change the name to Forest1 and Mountain1.

Anyway, this is a minor issue. The main issue was the triplication of all Forest and Mountain entries in the card catalog.

Apparently I was able to solve it by:
1. Removing the customized forge.profile.preferences file (the only change being userDir pointing to a gdrive folder)
2. Copy/Pasting the Preferences folder from a new installation onto my regular installation
3. Launching Forge and confirming there were no more triplicate forests and mountains
4. Restoring the customized forge.preferences file (from step 1)

forge.png

At the end, I'm still not sure what caused the issue and how my actions ended up solving it...

I'm happy that the main issue seems to be resolved and that I learned one thing or two about Forge, which I didn't know before.
I also have some more questions...

Thanks a lot for helping, very much appreciated.
flick00tor

Postby flick00tor » 11 Jun 2020, 14:47

Back to square one.

Not sure how it happened.
After the problem was apparently solved yesterday, I played a couple of games, updated a deck or two. Probably closed and re-opened Forge once or twice. Everything was still ok.

Today its Mountains and Forests galore once again...
I guess I'm at a loss.
Schermata 2020-06-11 alle 16.43.40.png

Not sure what else to do.
flick00tor

Postby CptKird » 11 Jun 2020, 18:15

If you have the time to walk me through the steps needed to exactly replicate your setup, I'll make the time to investigate this further.
Either here or the Forge discord (probably better suited).

If that sounds like too much work, I can only say this:
Forge was designed to be run on a local system. Maybe something changed on googles side how repeated file access is handled on their cloud drives?

I'm almost sure this happens exclusively during runtime, there's nothing in any of your files reflecting 9 Mountains in LEB.

So, as far as I can see your problems start when you start using the cloud drive.. there is this one, obvious solution :mrgreen:

This may also address your other post about 10th ed. Mountains being unsupported cards.

Let me know if you want to investigate further and help me set up your setup.

K.
CptKird

Postby flick00tor » 11 Jun 2020, 20:03

CptKird wrote:If you have the time to walk me through the steps needed to exactly replicate your setup, I'll make the time to investigate this further.
Either here or the Forge discord (probably better suited).
This is super appreciated.

I'd really like to make the google drive set up work as I use two different PCs and would like to share the same deck library. This is the only requirement I have.

Not too familiar with Discord. Happy to try though if you think it is a better option.
flick00tor

Postby CptKird » 21 Jun 2020, 11:47

So, this has been solved :)

The source of the problem is still a mystery, but now checks are in place what to look for, to maybe narrow it down in the future. I think it wasn't mentioned yet, not sure it makes any difference, but user is on OSX.

The reason card count was too high and triplicate (or more) copies of basic lands appeared in the card catalog were non-existing art variant numbers in 18 56 decks (out of about 350), so, the decks were downloaded from a forums post (the originals were fine) and modified in Forge. Either right then at saving the modified deck or sometime after that, there appeared these art variant numbers for example:

22 Mountain|CMA|10
23 Forest|ZEN|13
1 Mountain|BFZ|24

etc

After removing the decks/correcting those numbers card count went back to normal.
K.
CptKird

Return to Forge