It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:41

Text Size

Forge Release 07/14/2020 ver 1.6.36

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 07/14/2020 ver 1.6.36

Postby epsilon82 » 13 Aug 2020, 20:18

yoshimario40 wrote:Looks like the various issues with Gonti-like effects have been fixed. Thanks for that!

Anyway, I noticed Scaleguard Sentinels no longer gets +1/+1 counters when you control a dragon. (Without revealing a dragon card from hand.) Kinda minor, but worth noting I guess.
What Gonti-like effects are you referring to? I just tested with a Thief of Sanity deck and you still can't seem to pay for cards that you don't already have the correct color mana up for.
epsilon82

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 14 Aug 2020, 09:45

epsilon82 wrote:
yoshimario40 wrote:Looks like the various issues with Gonti-like effects have been fixed. Thanks for that!

Anyway, I noticed Scaleguard Sentinels no longer gets +1/+1 counters when you control a dragon. (Without revealing a dragon card from hand.) Kinda minor, but worth noting I guess.
What Gonti-like effects are you referring to? I just tested with a Thief of Sanity deck and you still can't seem to pay for cards that you don't already have the correct color mana up for.
Yes, you can, but you have to do it manually, without using auto. And it only works with cards that have at max two mana of the same color in their mana cost.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby Diena » 15 Aug 2020, 13:39

When I played Finale of Revelation for X = 10, it seemed that both me and the opponents shuffled back our graveyard into our library before I drew 10 cards.
Last edited by Diena on 18 Aug 2020, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
Diena

Postby Diena » 15 Aug 2020, 13:54

I had a strange behavior.

I played Teferi's Time Twist on my Kiora's Dambreaker. At the end of the turn, my Kiora's Dambreaker came back with a +1/+1 counter, normally.
On the next turn, the computer used Wanderer's Strike to exile it, which happened.
Later, I used the ability of Spellkeeper Weird to get back my Teferi's Time Twist and used it on another creature. At the end of the next end step, both the exiled creature and the original Kiora's Dambreaker came back with a +1/+1.

When I looked at the Teferi's Time Twist in the graveyard, I saw that in Remembered, there was both the creatures present.
Diena

Postby Jeedras » 16 Aug 2020, 16:42

Casting Thraben Inspector causes "Waiting for opponent" to display infinitely hanging the game. Doesn't matter whether player or ai casts it.
Attachments
Screenshot at 2020-08-16 18-34-14.png
Jeedras

Postby yoshimario40 » 17 Aug 2020, 00:25

epsilon82 wrote:

Oh yeah, whoops. I guess I was a bit too presumptuous with that statement. There's still some issues with it like the one you mentioned.

The issues I've observed with the Gonti abilities were:
* Not being able to auto-pay for off-colour mana costs (mana that isn't generated by lands you have.)
* Being unable to attempt to cast the exiled spell again after cancelling the mana cost payment. (Only if you had tried to tap mana for it.)
* Can't manually pay for mana costs with more than two coloured mana (E.G. If you have a UB manabase and you attempt to pay for Temur Ascendancy, it'll pay for the U and the R part, but will stop at the G part.)

I think the auto-pay bug has been partly fixed now. I was able to Gonti a Scaleguard Sentinels and a Dromoka, the Eternal the other day with a UB mana base. But the third point now seems to extend to both manual and auto payments. So I'm not able to auto-pay or manual-pay a Temur Ascendancy, as the green mana can't be paid for.

Edit: Couldn't auto-pay a Dromoka's Command. Weird. Can't exactly pin down what the conditions are for what can be paid and what can't.
yoshimario40

Postby Symphonic » 19 Aug 2020, 12:04

The tokens of Force of Rage are missing trample.
Symphonic

Postby indicatie » 19 Aug 2020, 12:48

I seem to remember that unlocking a new set would give you a booster pack of that set. Is this no longer the case?
Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
indicatie

Postby N-Cat » 21 Aug 2020, 01:53

I don't know whether this is a bug, or just a limitation of the software:

On my battlefield is the artifact Mystic Forge, as well as the creatures Artificer's Assistant and Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain.

Mystic Forge enables me to cast artifacts from the top of my library. While casting, I can't see the next card; this is correct, according to Gatherer rulings.

When I cast, I trigger each of those creatures. This is also working as intended.

However, I can't see the next card after I've cast the artifact and need to order the triggers. The next card isn't revealed until after the triggers have been placed on the stack too. I asked a judge and they agreed this wasn't the correct behavior; you should be able to see the top card while ordering the triggers.

This is relevant, because I don't want a Scry trigger first if the card on the top is good.
N-Cat

Postby Fregnor » 22 Aug 2020, 18:05

It appears that the trophy for Chance for Glory in Achievements in Alternate Win Conditions cannot be earned. On two separate playtests, I played the card, attacked with creatures, knocked the opponent's life points to zero, and won the duel.

Or am I misunderstanding the goal?

Am I supposed to get this trophy by having the opponent play this card and fail to win? (What kind of idiot would play this card at a time when he would fail to win?)

I suggest removing this particular trophy from the game and not have it be something people can earn. This is of a different character from most of the cards where a card ends the game and declares a winner on the basis of something other than life points being zero.

All the other alternate win condition cards I have looked into give you trophies if you pull off a tricky combo or meet some conditions. I have never seen one where you wait to win by having the opponent lose by having an epic fail using one particular card they have in their deck.
Fregnor

Postby friarsol » 23 Aug 2020, 17:32

Fregnor wrote:It appears that the trophy for Chance for Glory in Achievements in Alternate Win Conditions cannot be earned. On two separate playtests, I played the card, attacked with creatures, knocked the opponent's life points to zero, and won the duel.

Or am I misunderstanding the goal?

Am I supposed to get this trophy by having the opponent play this card and fail to win? (What kind of idiot would play this card at a time when he would fail to win?)

I suggest removing this particular trophy from the game and not have it be something people can earn. This is of a different character from most of the cards where a card ends the game and declares a winner on the basis of something other than life points being zero.

All the other alternate win condition cards I have looked into give you trophies if you pull off a tricky combo or meet some conditions. I have never seen one where you wait to win by having the opponent lose by having an epic fail using one particular card they have in their deck.
All the trophies are "win the game" or "lose the game" cards. Not just casting a spell and winning separately. I would recommend figuring out a way to force your opponent to cast this spell, and then having them lose because of it, with the card originating in your deck.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby martinisam » 23 Aug 2020, 18:17

martinisam wrote:It appears that See the Truth is still placing the unselected cards on top of the library instead of the bottom...
Wondering whether or not this issue has been fixed yet, thanks in advance :)
martinisam

Postby kirito-myunu » 25 Aug 2020, 15:13

Thanks for the update!
My country has saved a lot of souls with this software.

Pako, Arcane Retriever and Haldan, Avid Arcanist do not seem to have been implemented

Will it be implemented in the next version?

Thank you all for your incredible efforts!
kirito-myunu

Postby MaxMtg » 25 Aug 2020, 20:52

kirito-myunu wrote:Thanks for the update!
My country has saved a lot of souls with this software.

Pako, Arcane Retriever and Haldan, Avid Arcanist do not seem to have been implemented

Will it be implemented in the next version?

Thank you all for your incredible efforts!
I'm not a dev but they are still working on it(same thing for mutate and some cards from commander 2020), have patience they will eventually come to Forge
MaxMtg

Postby Northmoc1344 » 26 Aug 2020, 13:53

MaxMtg is exactly correct regarding Pako and Haldan.

You can monitor Pako and Haldan here.

The card scripts are probably complete, but the game engine needs to be modified for them to work properly. As I understand it, Forge doesn't currently track which cards each player exiles, just which cards are in each player's exile, so Haldan's "if you exiled them" clause can't be accurately enforced.

If you're comfortable making modifications to your Forge files, you can implement them and have pretty accurate gameplay as long as you don't set up a scenario where multiple players are running Pako and Haldan. You'd need to do the following:
1. add the two card script .txt files to the appropriate folders
2. add the line for Fetch counters to CounterType.java
(the code for these steps is available here)
3. IMPORTANT - change the Affected paramater in line 7 of Haldan's .txt file to:
Code: Select all
Affected$ Card.nonCreature+counters_GE1_FETCH
Northmoc1344

PreviousNext

Return to Forge