It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:48

Text Size

MTG Forge Android - Some cards have broken abilities?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

MTG Forge Android - Some cards have broken abilities?

Postby tiloketi9 » 10 Sep 2020, 10:28

Recently got Forge on Android and started testing a few decks. I noticed one card, Skyship Plunderer didn't seem to work properly. I couldn't put an extra +1/+1 counter on them after attacking. It brings up the ability text but nothing seems to happen after selecting Skyship Plunderer with a buff or anyone else.

Is this a common occurrence with some abilities in Forge? Or maybe I'm not understanding the card correctly.
tiloketi9

Re: MTG Forge Android - Some cards have broken abilities?

Postby CptKird » 10 Sep 2020, 16:08

Hi, it worked here, using an "older" snapshot version.

Difference between snapshot and main release version:

main release = less current, more stable
snapshot version = more up to date, maybe new issues (using the snapshot makes you kind of an inofficial beta tester).

Snapshots are located here, just unzip somewhere else, keep main release and snapshots separate!:
https://snapshots.cardforge.org/
These are updated from "maybe once per day" to "sometimes even more often", so compare version numbers.

I seem to be a bit rusty, you asked about Android.. it should behave the same on Android (works!), the snapshots are somewhere else though:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... fp9XMC5Abg
(These are updated only once per day)

Also check these install Infos out:
- Download the apk AND assets.zip!
- Best to download/move the assets.zip to an external SD card and unzip (later) from there onto internal storage
- Launch the snapshot apk, it'll detect your old Forge and asks if you want to update >yes, install
- Launch the snapshot and it may ask about Storage Permissions > Enable/permit
- You should have a Forge folder on internal storage (you may need to launch Forge again, but if it asks for additional assets, exit Forge)
- Return to downloads and unzip the snapshot assets.zip into your Forge install folder on internal storage, overwrite all (on conflicts)
- Launch the (now complete) snapshot again

Cards may still not work in snapshots, there are ways to get even newer cardscripts, but you'd have to add them manually, some tinkering involved there.

Try the snapshot first, let me know if you need additional help 8)

K.
CptKird

Return to Forge