It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:39

Text Size

Quest(ion) - Probably a very dumb one

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Quest(ion) - Probably a very dumb one

Postby seth-magic » 25 Sep 2020, 22:18

So, I'm a big fan of forge - I like being able to play test new deck builds, and even make pretend like I have a lot of friends to play with.

And, up until now - I never even dreamt of venturing outside of that functionality. But, lately, I've been interested in doing more, and I thought: "I have this app, which has a bunch of cool features I don't even use!"

So, smash-cut to me trying to start up a Quest.

I selected the default settings, clicked 'Embark!' and named my Quest. Then I got to the part where I need to have a Quest Deck. Since this is my first quest, I assumed I'd need to click the 'Build a New Deck' - which would then create a 'Quest Deck' (as opposed to the other kinds), and then populate the area in Quest Modes > Quest Decks with that deck. After the Deck Editor opened (to the last EDH Deck I was working on), I chose "New Deck" and (in the spirit of adventure) chose the 'Deck Generation' tab. Generated a random 2-Color Deck, saved it with a very creative name ("Quest - White & Red") and then went back to the Quest Modes > Quest Decks to select it.

But, alas, it was not there.

So...this brings me to my question: How do I Quest? I apologize if this an obvious question (as I fear my decline into dumb has not been a very gradual one, but rather a sharp and decisive 'fall'). I've tried searching, but my Google Fu must be pretty weak.

Anyway - thanks for all the hard work you guys have done! I can't remember a day when I didn't have Forge running alongside my work and what-have-you; it's provided me with a great many hours of entertainment!
seth-magic

Re: Quest(ion) - Probably a very dumb one

Postby timmermac » 13 Oct 2020, 23:49

You'll want to build your deck from the inventory section of the quest deck editor.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Return to Forge