It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:12

Text Size

Quest Mode Duels: No opponent avatar

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Quest Mode Duels: No opponent avatar

Postby arcanestrategist » 25 Nov 2020, 07:49

I'm playing Forge on an Android 9. I downloaded the Quest images for the first time yesterday. The opponent icons appear in the duels tab, but when the match starts there's just a black square where the enemy avatar should appear. Ive been trying to find a solution online for at least a couple hours by now. Nobody else seems to have this problem. The closest thing I've found is a post explaining how to edit a file in the "skins" folder so you can use a custom avatar. I don't know how to do that kinda stuff or if that's even the solution. The .jpg images are stored in cache/pics/icons. There's also a file stored in res/lists called quest-opponent-icons.txt that shows the URL each one was downloaded from, and a bunch of .dck files stored in res/duels. I don't even know what a .dck is. I have no idea what to do. If anyone's got an idea I would greatly appreciate your help.
arcanestrategist

Re: Quest Mode Duels: No opponent avatar

Postby CptKird » 25 Nov 2020, 18:14

What version of Forge are you trying this with?

You might need to update to snapshot version, been a long time for main release, update-wise.. :?
CptKird

Postby arcanestrategist » 02 Dec 2020, 11:07

I'm using version 1.6.36.001 (Alpha). Is this version outdated? I only found the one post with a download link for Android. I'm gonna search for snapshot. Thanks for the update
arcanestrategist

Postby CptKird » 02 Dec 2020, 11:38

Yea, that's the way outdated main release :)

You can get the snapshots from here, but backup data folder(!)/uninstall main release Forge, before you install snapshot:

https://downloads.cardforge.org/dailysnapshots/
(snapshots might contain new(!) bugs though. Forge auto-updates now and will inform you of a new snapshot on each launch. Since Android 9 and newer, after downloading the new apk, Forge will quit, since it's not permitted to update your old install on these Androids. In that case, just head to your Download folder and install the fresh snapshot manually and relaunch. Assets downloading on launch works without issue)

You're welcome :)
CptKird

Postby arcanestrategist » 02 Dec 2020, 12:25

Thanks man. I just installed the new version. I appreciate your help
arcanestrategist

Return to Forge