It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:37

Text Size

Snapshot build help please

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Snapshot build help please

Postby Defiance » 15 Jan 2021, 01:30

Im on an android device and since there hasnt been an update since july, i finally tried the snapshot build and it is basically unplayable. It moves unbearably slowly and the double clicking is very frustrating as it usually makes me pass phases or priority when i don't want to. Id be very grateful for any help anyone could give me to make the game run a little faster. Really, an actual update for android would be fantastic and any insight into what the situation is regarding an update would also be super appreciated
Defiance

Re: Snapshot build help please

Postby CptKird » 15 Jan 2021, 18:45

The main release channel (aka "Blacksmith" bot) is broken, something in connection with gitlab integration, I think(?)
Unfortunately, the maintainer of these configurations/scripts didn't have time yet to fully analyse why it broke, as far as I understood this correctly(?)

Snapshot releases started to use libgdx 1.9.11 a while ago (mid to end of September 2020) and possibly made things slower (I'm on Android 10, SD845, 8Gbyte ram), a version I still had the apk and assets for, from Sept. 10th, seemed to still use old libgdx 1.9.10 and it was a real difference in speed :)

I'm currently testing a version using libgdx 1.9.13, which feels also back to the old (fast) speeds again, so maybe the issue will resolve by itself, soon.

Keep updating your snapshots :)
Also, never use XLHQ image resolutions on mobile devices with 2Gbyte ram or less.. ;)
CptKird

Return to Forge