It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:44

Text Size

Trouble with updating Forge and some cards missing

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Trouble with updating Forge and some cards missing

Postby MacquePanoramix » 28 Jan 2021, 21:51

I have recently downloaded Forge verzion 1.6.36

After downloading all the images for the cards I noticed that some cards were missing. I thought that maybe the game wasn`t up to date and I used the check for updates feature. I discovered there was a new update available for verzion 1.6.37

From there I tried every way possible that I found online to download the new update, by either installing the file provided by the check update and initiating the .exe or by trying some of the auto updaters provided on this forum. In either way when I opened the game and used the check for updates feature it always told me I was still using the version 1.6.36 verzion of forge.

This was the problem I found with not being able to update the game, now in relation to the missing cards:

The missing card in particular that I found missing was Jace, telepath planeswalker card. I thought at first maybe the card just wasn't implemented yet into the game but after searching online I found out many people on this forum talking about that card like it was in the game already.

My questions are then is there a reason for me to not be able to update forge to verzion 1.6.37? If so is there a way for me to update the game to contain it? Also is there any reason for my verzion of the game to not contain certain cards that seem to exist on previous verzions of the game? If so again is there a way for me to resolve this issue?

Thank you very much for your attention.
MacquePanoramix

Re: Trouble with updating Forge and some cards missing

Postby Fregnor » 29 Jan 2021, 18:56

It seems that the update system is totally broken and cannot be fixed. So Forge no longer has release versions. But there are daily snapshots released that include the very newest cards, often even before they come out in paper form. There are a lot of Kaldheim cards in Forge now. You can download the latest snapshot here:

https://downloads.cardforge.org/dailysnapshots/

It is, of course, a manual install, like when you first got the game. There is a lot of discussion about the update issue on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29889&start=195
Fregnor

Return to Forge