It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:35

Text Size

Custom Code for Custom Cards

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Custom Code for Custom Cards

Postby Xeo22vette » 23 Mar 2021, 04:21

Hi everyone,

First topic here so hopefully this is the right spot for it.

I love playing MTG on forge. Its a great way to constantly play test my decks.

Keeping that in mind, I am building 2 custom decks with my playgroup. One is a full out new deck, that use a hydra commander for each of the hydra colors (4-colored). The second deck is a slight modification of my Vial Smasher the Fierce and Thrasios, Triton Hero deck that revolves around X spells and damage multipliers. The third replaces Scion of the Ur-Dragon and actually slows the deck down quite a bit. I want to play test these cards before playing against my playgroup. How would I go about learning to write the code to add these to my version of forge for play testing? I'm also willing to pay someone reasonably for the amount of time it would take for them to add to a custom file that I can then add to my version or the latest version of forge that I download. Anyone know how I might go about doing either of these to test out these custom cards?

Thanks,
Dave

Scylla, Vortex Devourer V2.png
Commander of first custom deck
Xenex, Progenitor of Rage V2.jpg
Commander of second custom deck
Tiamat, Dragon Queen.png
Replacement for Scion of the Ur-Dragon
Thanatos, Silent Stalker V2.png
Card in custom hydra deck (can be switched out as a commander partner pair)
Aredis, Spell Eater V2.png
Other partner card in custom hydra deck (can be switched out as a commander partner pair)
Xeo22vette

Re: Custom Code for Custom Cards

Postby kevlahnota » 23 Mar 2021, 04:49

Xeo22vette wrote:Hi everyone,

First topic here so hopefully this is the right spot for it.

I love playing MTG on forge. Its a great way to constantly play test my decks.

Keeping that in mind, I am building 2 custom decks with my playgroup. One is a full out new deck, that use a hydra commander for each of the hydra colors (4-colored). The second deck is a slight modification of my Vial Smasher the Fierce and Thrasios, Triton Hero deck that revolves around X spells and damage multipliers. The third replaces Scion of the Ur-Dragon and actually slows the deck down quite a bit. I want to play test these cards before playing against my playgroup. How would I go about learning to write the code to add these to my version of forge for play testing? I'm also willing to pay someone reasonably for the amount of time it would take for them to add to a custom file that I can then add to my version or the latest version of forge that I download. Anyone know how I might go about doing either of these to test out these custom cards?

Thanks,
Dave

refer to Card Scripting here: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... ipting-API

I add support to load Custom Cards and Editions from user Folder (on desktop: AppData\Roaming\Forge\custom folder, on android: Forge\data\custom folder, inside custom folder you put custom cards in cards folder, and you put custom editions in editions folder). It will work on new Forge snapshots 1.6.40.XXX, download here: https://downloads.cardforge.org/dailysnapshots/

Try learning to Card Script easy cards first. Here's a sample custom cards and editions:
custom.zip
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
kevlahnota
Programmer

Re: Custom Code for Custom Cards

Postby Xeo22vette » 23 Mar 2021, 08:20

Thank you. I'll give that a shot.
Xeo22vette

Return to Forge