It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:44

Text Size

Does anyone else play Forge?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Does anyone else play Forge?

Postby JimmyAndreson » 22 Apr 2021, 07:19

Forge is a single-player Magic simulator, that I hadn't heard of before recently... but now I'm asking myself, why not? It has 13,596 cards (over 98%), including all but one card of Standard... it has drafts and Sealed play, plus Quest mode, which is like the old Shandalar game with all sorts of cool stuff to buy (or you can play a basic mode where you can only buy cards). I did say "singleplayer", but actually, the AI is surprisingly good, even with old cards; of course there are some issues, but for the most part the AI knows how to play.

I've been having a lot of fun with it over the last couple days... Tip: Alpha drafts are not nearly as interesting as they sound, though!
JimmyAndreson

Re: Does anyone else play Forge?

Postby Fregnor » 23 Apr 2021, 21:28

I would guess that practically everyone reading posts on the Forge forum plays Forge. Awesome game! Better AI than Magic Duels had. Magic Arena had some serious issues early on, and I have never gone back. I really like Forge.
Fregnor

Re: Does anyone else play Forge?

Postby Finnical » 03 Jul 2021, 04:19

Forge rules. I am currently scripting the Netropolis set into Forge so that I can eventually put my custom Netropolis cube in so I can draft the damn thing since my friends suck and won't do it with me.

Can't do that shit in arena!
Finnical

Return to Forge