It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:24

Text Size

Finished and available custom sets

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Finished and available custom sets

Postby Finnical » 05 May 2021, 04:42

Edit2: I've just learned through the discord that there are MANY custom sets completed and available, it just isn't advertised anywhere you would guess to look. Right at this link:
https://github.com/FLAREdirector-mse/MS ... aster/MSEM
Github is very confusing to most, let me know if you can't figure it out. Don't be scared to seek out the Forge discord either, the folks there are very helpful if you are patient.
You will need to do some things to get those sets working in Forge as well. Ask me if you need to know and I will post an explanation.

Edit: This thread has over 500 views. I am still hard at work on this folks. Don't be scared to say hi. It's hard work and a little encouragement would be helpful. I hope somebody is inspired to do this on another set. Planesculptors.net is a cool place.

I have been fantasizing about coding and playing the Netropolis custom set by Zarepath in forge for years. I don't think I ever will honestly.

But it got me wondering if other sets have already been done by people more dedicated or less busy than I.

Does anyone have any finished and ready to go custom sets or custom set cubes they would be willing to share? Maybe this post could be a good place to collate what is available.
Last edited by Finnical on 17 Jul 2021, 03:10, edited 4 times in total.
Finnical

Re: Finished and available custom sets

Postby Finnical » 07 May 2021, 17:28

Seeing plenty of views, I think the interest is there. I began looking into putting Netropolis together last night. I am going to do it but don't expect anything for a long time. I'm a stay-at-home dad to two young kids, I don't have a lot of time.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 11 May 2021, 03:55

Ok, hit my first snag. I've created this creature successfully, it makes the equipment which I have also coded correctly, I tested. Now how do I get it to attach to that creature? Turns out magic has never actually created a equipment token which automatically attaches immediately in the same action. Usually the equipment creates the creature a la Living Weapon, not the other way around.

Code: Select all
Name:N-FORCE Recruit
ManaCost:1 W
Types:Creature Human Soldier
PT:1/1
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigToken | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, create a colorless Equipment artifact token named Weapon with "\nEquip {2} ({2}: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)"
SVar:TrigToken:DB$Token | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenScript$ weapon | TokenOwner$ You | LegacyImage$ weapon
SVar:
Oracle:When N-FORCE Recruit enters the battlefield, create a colorless Equipment artifact token with "Equip {2} ({2}: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)"
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 12 May 2021, 04:07

Got it working! Estrid the planeswalker helped me get there.

Name:N-FORCE Recruit
PT:1/1
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigToken | AttachedTo$ Card.Self | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, create a colorless Equipment artifact token named Weapon attached to it with "\nEquip {2} ({2}: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)"
SVar:TrigToken:DB$Token | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenScript$ weapon | TokenOwner$ You | LegacyImage$ weapon | TrigAttach:DB$ Attach | AttachedTo$ Targeted | ValidTgts$ Card.Self |
Oracle:When N-FORCE Recruit enters the battlefield, create a colorless Equipment artifact token with "Equip {1} ({1}: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)"
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 14 May 2021, 23:31

I'm still working on this, I'm just getting my help from the discord since I got no responses here.

I see views coming in; if this interests you, spend some time on planesculptors.net. There are many amazing sets there that just need some ambitious lad to start scripting and not stop until it's done. I'm aiming for one card a day, but I'm moving faster than that most days. Most cards are easy, it's new mechanics that are hard.

My next task is to tackle the upload mechanic. It's tricky, you exile a card, usually from the top of the library, and it can be returned to hand for 2 Mana. That card is "uploaded".
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 16 May 2021, 03:34

I scripted the Superiority mechanic. I got lucky, this mechanic already exists in magic, just without a keyword. See survival cache.

Name:Public Broadcast
Types:Instant
A:SP$ GainLife | Cost$ 1 W | Defined$ You | LifeAmount$ 4 | SubAbility$ DoDraw | SpellDescription$ You gain 4 life. Then if you have more life than an opponent, draw a card.
SVar:DoDraw:DB$ Draw | Defined$ You | ConditionCheckSVar$ X | ConditionSVarCompare$ GTY | NumCards$ 1
SVar:X:Count$YourLifeTotal
SVar:Y:PlayerCountOpponents$LowestLifeTotal
Oracle:You gain 4 life. Then if an opponent has more life than you, draw a card.
Name:Street Enforcer
ManaCost:2 W
PT:2/2
T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Defined$ You | ConditionCheckSVar$ X | ConditionSVarCompare$ GTY | Execute$ TrigPump | TriggerDescription$ Superiority - Whenever CARDNAME attacks, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn if you have more life than an opponent.
SVar:TrigPump:DB$ Pump | NumAtt$ 2 | NumDef$ 2 | Defined$ Self
SVar:X:Count$YourLifeTotal
SVar:Y:PlayerCountOpponents$LowestLifeTotal
Oracle:Superiority - Whenever CARDNAME attacks, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn if you have more life than an opponent.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 19 May 2021, 00:01

With the help of Medusa on Discord upload has been scripted. This was the most difficult mechanic, it should be mostly smooth sailing from here.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 23 May 2021, 04:00

34 cards done.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 26 May 2021, 03:19

61 cards done. I'm a busy man but also an impatient man. I can't wait to draft this set.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 29 May 2021, 23:49

Getting close to finishing all the commons in the set. I'm excited! Still a while to go though.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 02 Jun 2021, 03:54

96 cards done.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 06 Jun 2021, 15:47

All commons are done. Some of them are proving difficult to script, even with assistance on discord. It's about 6 or so that aren't working quite right. Looking forward to the uncommons!
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 17 Jun 2021, 03:04

116 cards done.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 25 Jun 2021, 01:36

130 done.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 02 Jul 2021, 01:47

149 done, with a small list of cards that aren't quite right yet.
Finnical

Next

Return to Forge