It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:25

Text Size

Android card images clogging other apps

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Android card images clogging other apps

Postby RekiVariede » 04 Jul 2021, 05:56

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere else because it's a known issue, or something like that.

But one of the big issues I've been having with Forge on Android is that I have to go without card images at all. If I do have them downloaded, they start to clog up all kinds of other apps like Telegram, forcing them to take 30+ seconds to show the gallery each time I try to send someone an image (I'm assuming that the app is trying to recache all the images every single time, and there are A LOT of cards).

Now, I am aware of putting that blank file in each and every image folder so that apps that use the gallery essentially stop seeing them, but going through every single folder to copy the file to it seems incredibly tedious. Not to mention that I don't know if it'll stop forge from seeing the images as well.

So, is there a way to essentially hide the images from all the other apps while still letting forge use them? Or am I just stuck using no images? It's not this absolute deal breaker of a problem, so if I'm stuck with no images it's not like I'm just going to ditch Forge entirely. It's been really helpful in testing decks to see if they are worth putting money into and helping me learn things that I'd otherwise miss IRL.

Thanks in advance!
RekiVariede

Re: Android card images clogging other apps

Postby Snoops2 » 08 Jul 2021, 21:32

You can put the blank 'nomedia' file inside cache\pics just once and it will work for other subfolders in there including the cards; there's no need to put it in every single folder. This should stop it clogging up other apps as you say. I have no problems with this file being on multiple mobile/tablet devices and it also won't stop Forge from seeing the images. Hope this helps!
Snoops2

Return to Forge