It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:26

Text Size

Forge Adventure mode like Shandalar

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Adventure mode like Shandalar

Postby germaican » 18 Dec 2022, 00:15

First of all: Thanks for this AWESOME game! I am having a blast! Shandalar with all the cards <3 <3 <3

a few things i would love to see as additional features / some ideas of mine:
features | Open
General: What are the hotkeys for Quicksave/quickload I couldnt find those, maybe list those in the settings screen

General: a way to highlight objects which you can interact with (some sprites are used as background some times, are functional other times)

Deck & Card Inventory Screen:"show unique cards only" and "number of coloumns" options from the forge deckbuilder are missing, i found those to be useful, number of coloumns can be adjusted with ctrl+mousewheel though, and i imagine on android pinchzoom is an option (i guess... I am playing on Windows)

Deck & Card Inventory Screen:CTRL+F (or another hotkey) to jump into the search bar would be nice, or make it highlighted by default in those screens (i guess the 2nd option could be annoying on mobile devices as it opens the touchkeyboard ?!)

City Screen -> Shop: Show the backside of Flip cards on mouseOver

City Screen -> Shop: the option to buy 1/2/3/4 copies of a card (only if the "save/load game to refresh a shop" thing isn't considered an exploit)

Inn Screen -> Sell: a button to sell all but 4 of each card in my collection

World Screen: Show X/Y coordinates below map (for taking notes which cards are available in the city, right now i am taking screenshots)

"Infinite Gauntlet" as an Endgame Mode:
- unlocked after killing all the Bosses
- You sign up (maybe it costs a starting fee like 500 gold)
- You play a match, you win -> the next one starts (maybe your life total carries over ?) // you lose -> you are out.
- Opponents Deck randomly selected from the whole pool of enemies
- increasing rewards per Stage (+100 gold after first win, +150 after second etc.)
- should be compatible with the "cards on the battlefield: XYZ" mechanic (
- highscore is tracked in Stats Screen
in my mind this sounds like fun

THANKS again! and sorry for my clunky english (:
btw @Grimm is there a way to buy you a cup of coffee / leave you a tip for your time?
germaican

Postby BlueTemplar » 20 Dec 2022, 12:54

germaican wrote:City Screen -> Shop: the option to buy 1/2/3/4 copies of a card (only if the "save/load game to refresh a shop" thing isn't considered an exploit)
Yeah, and if it is an exploit¤, I suggest removing the buy button or switching that spot to another card once the previous bought !

¤ IMHO : yes, it shouldn't be as easy to get 4 copies of any card, you should have to work to get a consistent deck. And *especially* not 4 copies of busted cards ! Sid Meier's MtG : Shandalar found perhaps a good tradeoff with easy copies only being available through quests, precious amulets, and rare enemy events ?
BlueTemplar

Postby Archargelod » 06 Jan 2023, 09:41

Is there an option to disable Vibration/Haptics?

I'm playing on a latest nightly version (Ubuntu Linux for Nintendo Switch). When I touch any enemy, my controller start and doesn't stop vibrating.
Archargelod

Postby M0x » 07 Jan 2023, 13:28

Dear DevTeam and dear all,

All the best in 23!!!

And congrats on wonderful Forge and this labor of love that is Adventure mode.

I ask for help. I downloaded forge-gui-desktop-1.6.54.SNAPSHOT-2023.1.7 but I cannot launch Adventure mode. I run on Ubuntu linux 22.04 and openjdk 11.0.17 2022-10-18.

please help.
All the best!
M0x
M0x

Postby kevlahnota » 08 Jan 2023, 00:24

M0x wrote:Dear DevTeam and dear all,

All the best in 23!!!

And congrats on wonderful Forge and this labor of love that is Adventure mode.

I ask for help. I downloaded forge-gui-desktop-1.6.54.SNAPSHOT-2023.1.7 but I cannot launch Adventure mode. I run on Ubuntu linux 22.04 and openjdk 11.0.17 2022-10-18.

please help.
All the best!
M0x
What was the error? Any screenshot? Error Logs? How do you run forge? via .sh script?
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Archargelod » 08 Jan 2023, 18:29

M0x wrote:Dear DevTeam and dear all,
M0x
Make a copy of "forge.sh" script and with any text editor replace on line 41: "forge-gui-desktop" to "forge-gui-mobile-dev", now you can use this script to launch the adventure mode.
Not sure why, but it is the only way I can run the adventure mode on Linux.
Archargelod

Postby Archargelod » 08 Jan 2023, 19:10

kevlahnota wrote:What was the error? Any screenshot? Error Logs? How do you run forge? via .sh script?
here's the error I get with Snapshot-1.6.54.1231 and openjdk-17 on Ubuntu 18.04
Screenshot from 2023-01-09 02-58-22.png

java.log
log file generated with -Xlog flag
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 127 times

I used a "forge-adventure.sh" script, but running jar directly gives same result, as running it with sudo.
Archargelod

Postby kevlahnota » 08 Jan 2023, 23:24

Archargelod wrote:
kevlahnota wrote:What was the error? Any screenshot? Error Logs? How do you run forge? via .sh script?
here's the error I get with Snapshot-1.6.54.1231 and openjdk-17 on Ubuntu 18.04
Screenshot from 2023-01-09 02-58-22.png

java.log

I used a "forge-adventure.sh" script, but running jar directly gives same result, as running it with sudo.
Edit forge-adventure.sh with texteditor and replace it with this:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
cd $(dirname "${0}")
java -Xmx4096m --add-opens java.desktop/java.beans=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing.border=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing.event=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/sun.swing=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.image=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.color=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/sun.awt.image=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.lang.reflect=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.text=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.font=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.math=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.util.concurrent=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED -Dio.netty.tryReflectionSetAccessible=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar $project.build.finalName$
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Archargelod » 09 Jan 2023, 07:01

kevlahnota wrote:Edit forge-adventure.sh with texteditor and replace it with this:
Thank you, I had to replace "$project.build.finalName$" with a "forge-gui-mobile-dev-1.6.54-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar" and it worked. Any chance it will be merged to upstream?
fixed forge-adventure.sh | Open
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
cd $(dirname "${0}")
java -Xmx4096m --add-opens java.desktop/java.beans=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing.border=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing.event=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/sun.swing=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.image=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.color=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/sun.awt.image=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.lang.reflect=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.text=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.font=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.math=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.util.concurrent=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED -Dio.netty.tryReflectionSetAccessible=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar forge-gui-mobile-dev-1.6.54-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar
Archargelod

Postby M0x » 31 Jan 2023, 17:41

Hello Everybody,

thanks for all the help. Now in the 1.6.55 snapshot, everything runs ok. (yes running Forge on Ubuntu via *.sh scripts).

Looking forward to trying adventure mode :).

All the best!
M0x

p.s. It is wonderful having all the cards in adventure mode but I also think it would be a cool feature if one could limit the sets in adventure mode :). Only play old sets, or new, or just Mirage etc. etc. :)
M0x

Postby LoneLee » 18 Feb 2023, 07:38

sauergesicht wrote:Really cool way to play magic! Love the feeling of the Gameboy Pokémon Trading Card game. =D>

Currently my enjoyment is really hampered by many many crashes. On the overworld, building a deck, viewing a card, battling, saving might result in a crash. Most of the times without any error message. (Galaxy S20FE5G Android 12). A workaround currently is saving after every action. So my gameplay looks like this:

fight, save game, enter town, view cards, sell cards, exit town, save game, enter town, buy cards, exit town, save game, customize deck, save game, ... fight

With many crashes long dungeons are near impossible. Every 3-4 fights a crash is guaranteed.

Nontheless, really enjoyable to roam around, collecting cards and stomping enemies. :D

Here are my suggestions to improve the game:
gameplay / balancing
* possibility to trigger a rematch against an enemy to get more of their cards
* possibility to duplicate a card (ex.: as a shop for 1,5x of its rarity price)
* some indicator to see what level each enemy is (maybe as stars above their heads)
I really liked the boss mechanic of them having 80hp and start with a mox. I think it could be applied to regular enemies as well by making them elites / champions spawning near their temple
some ways to make them stronger
* * give enemies more health
* * give them tokens at the start of the battle (food / blood / clue / treasure)
* * give them card draw artifacts at the start of the battle
* stronger enemies give more gold and more chances of rare cards
* more item progression with different effects and drawbacks
* * item that gives more treasures (or food / blood / clue), but reduces max hp
* * item that give a mox, but reduces card draw on turn one
* * item that stops max hp loss after losing a fight
* * item that reduces overworld enemy spawn rate and walk speed
* * item that increases gold reward by x%
* * item that increases rare card chance

useability
* somewhat of an tutorial; explaining cities, temples, dungeons, items, consequences of losing a fight
* provide a way to quicksave (I think the best place would be in the overworld menu, between "status" and "menu"
* confirmation for exiting the game
* way to sell all nonbasic lands above a quantitiy of 4
As an impartial observer, I must say that the Gameboy iteration of the beloved Pokemon Trading Card Game is a remarkably splendid way to experience the thrill of Magic, and serves as an exceptional means of indulging in the game at one's own leisure. Regardless of whether one is a well-versed veteran of the Trading Card Game scene or a greenhorn just dipping their toes in the water, it would certainly behoove them to give this exceptional game a try if they haven't already!
LoneLee

Postby Rein-Kun » 05 May 2023, 14:24

Hey, been playing for quite some time but recently i have had trouble getting Forge-Adventure to work. I am able to launch Forge-Adventure and play Classic mode no problem but whenever i select adventure mode the game just goes Black and nothing more. Does anyone know a fix for this? Am playing on Windows and have been using SNAPSHOT.
Rein-Kun

Postby Joril » 15 Jul 2023, 10:31

M0x wrote:p.s. It is wonderful having all the cards in adventure mode but I also think it would be a cool feature if one could limit the sets in adventure mode :). Only play old sets, or new, or just Mirage etc. etc. :)
I completely agree :D Maybe it would be possible to re-use the "Quest mode" data files? worlds.txt etc...?
Joril

Previous

Return to Forge