It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:51

Text Size

Forge Adventure mode like Shandalar

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Adventure mode like Shandalar

Postby Fregnor » 29 Dec 2021, 06:54

I now have 33 levels worth of dungeons. Some areas have better variety than others. A few more days and I should have something ready to upload.
Fregnor

Postby etphonehome » 29 Dec 2021, 10:00

etphonehome

Postby Narwhal » 01 Jan 2022, 22:26

Hello, so I don't know how many people are using Linux, but whoever is packaging the adventure mode of Forge is using Windows line endings for the forge-adventure.sh launch script(plus it's not even ready executable, but that's not really a problem). The script indicates that it must be executed by a shell located at /bin/bash^M. There is no such file: it's called /bin/bash. This causes confusion for Linux systems and throws the: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory error.

There is of course the fix of using sed -i -e 's/\r$//' on the file client side, but I feel like this shouldn't be necessary. It would be nice if this could be corrected, but I understand if it isn't really a priority. Anywho, I enjoy Forge and keep up the good work!
Narwhal

Postby Fregnor » 08 Jan 2022, 07:42

The January 8th snapshot just went up, which contains 102 levels of added dungeons and locations. A future snapshot will have at least 135, which are currently built. This game is expanding rapidly.
Fregnor

Postby Grimm » 11 Jan 2022, 09:13

Narwhal wrote:Hello, so I don't know how many people are using Linux, but whoever is packaging the adventure mode of Forge is using Windows line endings for the forge-adventure.sh launch script(plus it's not even ready executable, but that's not really a problem). The script indicates that it must be executed by a shell located at /bin/bash^M. There is no such file: it's called /bin/bash. This causes confusion for Linux systems and throws the: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory error.

There is of course the fix of using sed -i -e 's/\r$//' on the file client side, but I feel like this shouldn't be necessary. It would be nice if this could be corrected, but I understand if it isn't really a priority. Anywho, I enjoy Forge and keep up the good work!
Isn't bash in every Linux dispo?
I just copied the other script, can not test Linux at the moment.
But I may messed up the line ending while editing, I can fix this on the next merge.
Grimm

Postby someguyinahat » 12 Jan 2022, 02:01

Gave it a try and it's a great concept so far, but I could really use something like the regular Forge mode where I can read the card while it's in my hand. I'm not good with memorizing card abilities.
someguyinahat

Postby MichaYggdrasil » 12 Jan 2022, 14:43

First and foremost: this is a bombastic start and a really good concept. I loved shandalar since its release and followed also the 2012 and -15 mods.

I know your game is in an alpha state and that your "in-game-purpose" and balancing aspects (2 black lotus as reward from a silver golem for example) will still follow.

One issue with one of the new "dungeons": I have a devil on a horse and in the cat-leonin-camp the path to both upper rewards seems too narrow for the figure for passing through.

Also, the art for the cards in the shop rarely doesn't load. If I buy them, they appear in my inventory with their respective art. But in the shop they don't show up.

But still... I love the open world, the art style and the already existing variety of enemies and decks.

Your completion list in your initial post seems nearly completed. But I'm still curious on what you are working next.

Much Greetings!
MichaYggdrasil

Postby Fregnor » 12 Jan 2022, 19:58

@ MichaYggdrasil

Thanks for the report. Reporting bugs gets them fixed.

The collision issue in the leonine camp and the golem with excessively good rewards have been previously fixed in the file, and these bugfixes will soon show show up in a Forge snapshot.

Right now, new dungeons and locations are being added to the game, and new creatures and their decks are being added. As of now, there are 141 locations and 31 creatures added to the original game. The version you played probably had 102 locations and 0 new creatures.

There will be a lot of rebalancing and refining of things like creature stats, deck contents, and randomized world creation.

It is an exciting time.
Fregnor

Postby intiki » 19 Feb 2022, 11:35

I'm really enjoying Forge Adventure.
The current UI is designed for tablets and smartphones and is not PC friendly.
So I would like to suggest a few enhancements and improvements.

・Inventory
Enhance the search word input field.
Currently, the condition for entering multiple words seems to be "or", but I would like to be able to specify "and/or" individually.
(Example: Creature +Elf +Deathtouch , Counter +Target +Spell , Destroy -Exile +Creature etc.)

2. Scroll bar in to the list
Search a many cards, narrowing-down are get many hits the search.
need to rotate the mouse wheel a many.
I want to move to the bottom quickly, a scroll bar is useful.

・Inn
1. Option to sell
In the current version (1.6.48 SNAPSHOT), I have to select each card in my inventory and specify how many I want to sell.
I want button the "Sell all cards (except basic lands) with 4 cards left".

2.Buying basic lands
The only way to get lands other than the ones I initially choose is to get them from random enemies. If I start with green and want to build another deck with more black, I can't do this because there are no lands.
I want to buy as many basic lands as I want at the inn at any time.
intiki

Postby kevlahnota » 22 Feb 2022, 08:11

Latest Forge Android Snapshots have Adventure Mode...

Sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBef9433ACM
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby intiki » 22 Feb 2022, 08:23

edited the enemies.json to set the reward.
However, the "editions" in the reward does not working correctly.
{
"type": "card",
"probability": 1,
"count": 4,
"cardName": "Disenchant",
"editions": ["4ED"]
}
I did the above settings, but I actually got the "PLIST" version. In most cases, I will get a different version than the one my specified, but in rare cases, I may get the normaly.
intiki

Postby Vintagemtg » 28 Feb 2022, 18:48

Could someone help me with a getting started? I am using a MacBook Air but also have an iPad. Do I just need to install Forge to get started with this game or is there a separate download?

I was actually looking around on here trying to figure out how to get Shandalar to work on my MacBook Air but figured that this would be a better bet!

Thanks for any help!
Vintagemtg

Postby kevlahnota » 07 Mar 2022, 03:36

Portrait mode available on latest Android Snapshots...

Sample:
https://youtu.be/pmXtY4CWiR4
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby vinnie » 28 Mar 2022, 21:01

Thanks, I really love Shandalar (which I started playing magic with) and I have to say that after trying your version, I really like this one, some years ago I also asked for this mode:
For now these are the things I would like to point out:
1) At first the graphics seemed too cartoonish, however after a while I appreciated the quality of the pixel art.
The only little problem is that when I move my charactr the tiles of the graphics disconnect a bit, nothing too annoying though.
2) Is the map generated randomly every time or is it static? it would be nice in the future to have it generated randomly if isn't.
3) Currently if a card does not have the downloadable pics it is not possible to see it in the stores, maybe you could double tap on the card to show the overlapping images border of Forge (Selectable in Classic Game > Settings > Graphic Options > Border Mask Option: Art)
4) Do you plan with time to add the other features of shandalar?
5) One thing I don't really like is the limited number of settings for the starting deck. I especially don't like selecting one color and starting with a three color deck. I would like to see at least the single color chosen exclusively respected.
I'd like it even more if you could instead buy starting cards with a small budget by choosing from a subset of cards.
6) You chose the wrong card back with the sixth purple color.
vinnie

Postby Grimm » 31 Mar 2022, 09:57

1, i did not do the majority of the graphics. But it is by far the best option I found at this price.
2, The world is generated.
3, There should be a fallback render if it is not downloaded in the "final" release, for now you need an internet connection or download the images before
4, Not 1 by 1, some features didn't make a lot of sense to me.
5, It was like this in Shandalar, but the starting decks will be adjusted in the future. Maybe starting with a 60 cards deck, where you can get rid of the bad ones at the beginning.
6, this is just the first sleeve in Forge
Grimm

PreviousNext

Return to Forge