It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:03

Text Size

Forge Adventure mode like Shandalar

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Adventure mode like Shandalar

Postby Grimm » 19 Nov 2021, 08:34

Bog Wraith wrote:Posted below is a screenshot of one of the Villages with all the shops. Whenever my Adventurer approaches any but the first shop, the game simply crashes completely to my desktop.

I include the Log file generated from one of the crashes from a shop I approached. It seems some of the problems were fixed a bit but there seem to be new ones to replace the older ones. In short, the game is crashing allot and it is tough to really test the game out because I can never get more then a duel or two completed before the game shuts down.

It's frustrating because you've got a real great game idea here and I LOVE the Dungeon effects with the specially designed cards and the rooms within the Dungeons! 8)

I'll keep testing every new snapshot until these issues can be ironed out. This is a great project and it's a hell of a lot of fun to play so anything I can do to assist in crushing these bugs will be something I very much want to do to help! :)
How do you run the system? I can not reproduce any of those crashes, or do you have a save game where it happens everytime?
Fregnor wrote:I am playing the release version rather than the latest snapshot, but I am totally amazed at the excellent performance of your game. Forge has the known problem where the longer you play, the slower, balkier, and laggier it gets. Eventually it freezes up. If you exit and restart, it is right back to fast, smooth, and responsive performance.

But somehow, you have avoided the progressive slowdown issue in your game. I have never once seen it slow down and become less responsive, jerky, and annoying.

My machine is performing differently than those of some other people on the thread. Still not a single crash or freeze-up. The only issue like that I have encountered is the pulldown menus and the right-click accessible options becoming inoperative for the rest of the play session after playing for a short time.
This sounds like a memory leak, I heard that the mobile version has in general this issue, but I can try to figure it out.
Grimm

Postby Bog Wraith » 19 Nov 2021, 12:02

I'll start a new game and delete any of my saved games.I'll post about my experience with a new game after I've played with it for awhile.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Fregnor » 25 Nov 2021, 18:25

I really like the addition of the ability to sell unneeded cards at the inn for much-needed gold. Thanks for adding it!

Unfortunately, on my machine, this system breaks down and becomes unavailable after playing the game for several minutes. The same problem as the pull down, right click, and left click menus and options disappearing after playing awhile. At least I know I can exit the game, reload, and then be able to sell cards once before losing the ability again.

I play on a beefy gaming desktop computer and am using Snapshot 1.6.47.211122.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 25 Nov 2021, 18:45

I also wanted to say that I like the improvements to the graveyard dungeon. The increased life points for the Skeleton and Vampire. The way that you now lose gold and hit points if you lose a duel while in a dungeon.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 25 Nov 2021, 21:53

I was thinking it might be good to change the color of the "You Are Here" map marker to be something other than the current shade of red. When you are in the mountain zone, it can be hard to tell where you are on the map. The ideal color would be distinct from, and contrast with, the yellow, blue, black, red, green, and grey zones on the map. Maybe like white, purple, or orange. Or if you stayed with red, you could make it noticeably lighter or darker than the color of the map.
Fregnor

Postby Grimm » 27 Nov 2021, 21:56

Fregnor wrote:I really like the addition of the ability to sell unneeded cards at the inn for much-needed gold. Thanks for adding it!

Unfortunately, on my machine, this system breaks down and becomes unavailable after playing the game for several minutes. The same problem as the pull down, right click, and left click menus and options disappearing after playing awhile. At least I know I can exit the game, reload, and then be able to sell cards once before losing the ability again.

I play on a beefy gaming desktop computer and am using Snapshot 1.6.47.211122.
Can you pin point when it starts? In the shop or in a match?
Grimm

Postby Fregnor » 28 Nov 2021, 14:11

The missing left click options are for selling cards in the inn.

The missing pulldown menus and right click options are in deckbuilding.

I am never missing any options during a match.

I just conducted a playtest:
1. Loaded game.
2. Went to deckbuilding.
3. Went to inn to sell cards.
4. Went to shop.
5. Fought a match.
6. Went to deckbuilding. PULLDOWN MENUS AND RIGHT CLICK OPTIONS MISSING.
7. Went to inn to sell cards. LEFT CLICK OPTIONS MISSING.

So in this playtest, the problems began almost at the very beginning, and right after the first match was fought.

Shut down program. Start up program.

Second playtest:
1. Loaded game.
2. Went to deckbuilding.
3. Went to inn to sell cards.
4. Went to shop.
5. Went to deckbuilding.
6. Went to inn to sell cards.
7. Fought a match.
8. Went to deckbuilding. PULLDOWN MENUS AND RIGHT CLICK OPTIONS MISSING.
9. Went to inn to sell cards. LEFT CLICK OPTIONS MISSING.

So in this second playtest, things once again went bad right after the first match. They definitely did not go bad after the first shop.
Fregnor

Postby Grimm » 08 Dec 2021, 02:20

Thanks for the report.
Found the issue and should be fixed in the next snapshot
Grimm

Postby Fregnor » 09 Dec 2021, 19:46

I downloaded the 12-9-21 snapshot and played for a couple of hours. I am pleased to report that I had none of the previously discussed problems with disappearing left-click, right-click, and pulldown menu options. It does seem to be fixed.

Thanks!

I like the "Status" feature where you can look at your win/loss ratio against various opponents. I think it could be improved by changing the color of the text. On my monitor, it is black text on a nearly black background, so it is rather difficult to read. I think it would be better if the text was white or light grey or some other color that contrasted with the nearly black dark grey.

I like how this game is getting better and better!
Last edited by Fregnor on 10 Dec 2021, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
Fregnor

Postby Grimm » 10 Dec 2021, 15:18

Oh for sure, i just wanted to start tracking the the stats.
I would like to make some custom ui graphtics for this, but all this should be configurable
Grimm

Postby Fregnor » 11 Dec 2021, 00:41

I am encountering some weirdness with a red wizard. It has the portrait of a red wizard and plays a red deck, but its name is White Wiz1. And then in Status where it shows the wins and losses, it has a different portrait showing a white wizard, and it looks like I have never played against a red wizard.

I like the wurm dungeons!
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 12 Dec 2021, 00:47

I like having the caves to explore all over the map.

I like the cave with the wurm, but I have started to think there is too much treasure in it compared to how many enemies are in it.

I don't really like the cave that just has a treasure chest in it. It seems too easy. I kind of wish there was a trap or a maze or a puzzle or an enemy to fight. The easiest thing to implement would be an enemy to fight.

But I am really enjoying having cave dungeons all over the whole map rather than just the graveyard dungeons in the swamp!
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 22 Dec 2021, 04:48

I would like to help with this project by building dungeons.

I downloaded Tiled and have been tinkering around. I still need to playtest it a bit more, but I have added one goblin cave and visited it in my game.

I can imagine building lots and lots of dungeons of various sizes and types.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 23 Dec 2021, 00:59

I am having fun and figuring out some of the quirks of the Tiled program. I am about to leave town for Christmas and will be away from my computer for awhile, but I have built nine single-level dungeons. I wanted to build some many-level dungeons, but I cannot get the second door of a level to work. Always crashes my game.

But a great deal can be done with just what I have figured out. It would be awesome if there were so many dungeons that you hardly ever encountered the same one twice.

https://www.4shared.com/file/YCm_V5uNea/cave_3.html
https://www.4shared.com/file/SCZvCNQcea/cave_4.html
https://www.4shared.com/file/7ZO7WaKxea/cave_5.html
https://www.4shared.com/file/QpX82we5iq/cave_6.html
https://www.4shared.com/file/y4VUFYqZiq/cave_7.html
https://www.4shared.com/file/OEXs32z5iq/cave_8.html
https://www.4shared.com/file/Hqk-ePKCea/cave_9.html
https://www.4shared.com/file/g9u_U_ehiq/cave_10.html
https://www.4shared.com/file/hpHuWsQ3iq/cave_11.html
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 28 Dec 2021, 07:22

I have 20 levels worth of dungeons built. The work is proceeding nicely.
Fregnor

PreviousNext

Return to Forge