It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:16

Text Size

Forge Release 08/07/2021 ver 1.6.44

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 08/07/2021 ver 1.6.44

Postby Marek14 » 13 Sep 2021, 08:27

Varchild's War-Riders cumulative upkeep ability doesn't work -- it doesn't even trigger.
Marek14
Tester

Postby anicolau » 14 Sep 2021, 12:26

Hello.

Currently i'm in the version 1.6.45 of Forge and i notice something weird. I test my Commander decks against AI with decks downloaded from Net. In older versions, the game was saved on the last option i downloaded (Tower, Clash, Cup etc). Now, when i wanna play, i'm forced to download net decks again. Is this the new normal or is a bug?
anicolau

Postby HarlequinCasts » 17 Sep 2021, 06:48

Any way to get Time Vault to default to "No" when it prompts you to skip a turn? The current implementation has it defaulting at "Yes", and since this trigger happens at an odd time at the end of either your turn or the opponents turn (depending if you are currently taking an extra turn) it is super easy to erroneously give up your turn. At some point recently, this card was changed so that its no longer a trigger that you can yield to, but rather an awkward yes/no prompt with weird timing. Defaulting to "No" would save a ton of headaches and accidental game losses. Thank you!
HarlequinCasts

Postby Fregnor » 18 Sep 2021, 03:51

Portcullis Vine is not working. The effect cannot be activated. There seems to be a stray piece of oracle text in the middle of line 6 "(This creature can't attack.)"

Bad Code:
Code: Select all
Name:Portcullis Vine
ManaCost:G
Types:Creature Plant Wall
PT:0/3
K:Defender
A:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 2 T Sac<1/Creature.withDefender (This creature can't attack.)/creature with defender> | NumCards$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Draw a card.
SVar:AIPreference:SacCost$Creature.token+powerLE3+toughnessLE3,Creature.withDefender (This creature can't attack.)+cmcLE2+powerLE1
Oracle:Defender (This creature can't attack.)\n{2}, {T}, Sacrifice a creature with defender: Draw a card.
Good Code:
A:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 2 T Sac<1/Creature.withDefender/creature with defender> | NumCards$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Draw a card.
SVar:AIPreference:SacCost$Creature.token+powerLE3+toughnessLE3,Creature.withDefender (This creature can't attack.)+cmcLE2+powerLE1
Oracle:Defender (This creature can't attack.)\n{2}, {T}, Sacrifice a creature with defender: Draw a card.
In playtesting, the second block of code seems to be working for me, although I am suspicious of the 8th line which also contains the words "(This creature can't attack.)"
Fregnor

Postby TRT » 18 Sep 2021, 18:19

thanks fixed

Fregnor wrote:Portcullis Vine is not working. The effect cannot be activated. There seems to be a stray piece of oracle text in the middle of line 6 "(This creature can't attack.)"

Bad Code:
A:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 2 T Sac<1/Creature.withDefender (This creature can't attack.)/creature with defender> | NumCards$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Draw a card.
Good Code:
A:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 2 T Sac<1/Creature.withDefender/creature with defender> | NumCards$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Draw a card.
In playtesting, the second block of code seems to be working for me, although I am suspicious of the 8th line which also contains the words "(This creature can't attack.)"
TRT

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 18 Sep 2021, 19:50

There's that one bug that I've encountered fairly often but I didn't know how to reproduce it, until now. When watching a match AI vs AI, with "Pause while minimized" activated, do alt + tab (to a browser I guess, I did it with Firefox), then suffer. By the way, don't try to do that if you suffer from epilepsy, it could be bad I think.

Edit: one way to end the bug is to ctrl + alt + del, then disconnect.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 18 Sep 2021, 21:32

Another way to activate the bug is to alt+tab after clicking on the deck editor while being inside the main menu, and before the deck editor is loaded.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby HarlequinCasts » 19 Sep 2021, 01:59

This is not new, but realized I should mention it. When when building your deck (for example in a cube draft), adding a card with a hybrid mana symbol (for example Rakdos Cackler) will not correctly adjust the mana symbols you see when you go to add lands to your deck. Adding the Rakdos Cackler to your deck will increment red and black symbols by 8 each (rather than 1 each). Adding several cards with hybrid mana, or multiple hybrid mana per card can wildly throw off the reported mana symbols in your deck when adding land.
HarlequinCasts

Postby Fregnor » 19 Sep 2021, 06:22

Trusted Pegasus has stopped working. If I remember correctly, it used to work when War of the Spark was released. When it gives a creature flying, the creature gets a flying symbol, but then it can still be blocked by a creature without flying or reach.

It appears that the coding has been corrupted in two places on the SVar line with the stray oracle text: "(This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)"

Bad code:
Name:Trusted Pegasus
ManaCost:2 W
Types:Creature Pegasus
PT:2/2
K:Flying
T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigPump | TriggerDescription$ Whenever CARDNAME attacks, target attacking creature without flying gains flying until end of turn.
SVar:TrigPump:DB$ Pump | ValidTgts$ Creature.attacking+withoutFlying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.) | TgtPrompt$ Select target attacking creature without flying | KW$ Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
Oracle:Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)\nWhenever Trusted Pegasus attacks, target attacking creature without flying gains flying until end of turn.
Good code:
Name:Trusted Pegasus
ManaCost:2 W
Types:Creature Pegasus
PT:2/2
K:Flying
T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigPump | TriggerDescription$ Whenever CARDNAME attacks, target attacking creature without flying gains flying until end of turn.
SVar:TrigPump:DB$ Pump | ValidTgts$ Creature.attacking+withoutFlying | TgtPrompt$ Select target attacking creature without flying | KW$ Flying
Oracle:Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)\nWhenever Trusted Pegasus attacks, target attacking creature without flying gains flying until end of turn.
This second version is working for me in playtesting.
Fregnor

Postby Marek14 » 23 Sep 2021, 12:56

AI stole a creature from me with Connive, then I killed it. AI played Bond of Revival, and for some reason could target that creature and revive it (though it entered on my side of the battlefield). Either Creature.YouCtrl in graveyard should always be YouOwn instead, or determining control of cards that are not on the battlefield is wrong.
Marek14
Tester

Postby indicatie » 29 Sep 2021, 10:03

Deck editor fail.png
Deck editor fail
Deck editor fail.png (9.22 KiB) Viewed 4443 times
Somehow my deck editor broke.
I can no longer edit any deck, just get an empty screen when I click Deck Editor.
Did a fresh download of Forge, even started it from a different location, but nothing....

Never mind. Removing Forge folders from my AppData fixed the issue. Just had to put my saves back
Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
indicatie

Postby thenaiker » 04 Oct 2021, 07:38

A very little issue.
Inside Portal edition file, 4 Forests are defined (2 ordinary and 2 "special"), while on Scryfall 8 of them are present (4 ordinary and 4 special). This happens also for other basic lands.
thenaiker

Postby kevlahnota » 04 Oct 2021, 12:00

For those who want to run Forge (Desktop/Mobile Port) using Java 17, you need to add these flags (ie via batch files using any text editor):

--add-opens
java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens
java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens
java.base/java.lang.reflect=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens
java.base/java.text=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens
java.desktop/java.awt.font=ALL-UNNAMED
Seems saves are working fine...
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 04 Oct 2021, 15:48

kevlahnota wrote:For those who want to run Forge (Desktop/Mobile Port) using Java 17, you need to add these flags (ie via batch files using any text editor):

--add-opens
java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens
java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens
java.base/java.lang.reflect=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens
java.base/java.text=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-opens
java.desktop/java.awt.font=ALL-UNNAMED
Seems saves are working fine...
I'm curious about your skin, is it a custom one?
AStrangerIsHere

Postby kevlahnota » 04 Oct 2021, 15:52

AStrangerIsHere wrote:
I'm curious about your skin, is it a custom one?
No. its available on the skin downloader. The theme name is magic. It's the same theme for the Mobile port/Android..
kevlahnota
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge