It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:11

Text Size

Questions about the "Download HQ Card Pictures" option

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Questions about the "Download HQ Card Pictures" option

Postby DirectOrder » 21 Aug 2021, 10:49

Can somebody please explain to me how the "Download HQ Card Pictures (Very Slow)" works? (I love that this has been added btw!!!)

I'm super picky about my card art, and have been hand-curating it over the past few years, but with all the sets recently added, it's getting difficult to keep up. So I made a backup of my 'cards' folder and tried out the "Download HQ Card Pictures" option. A few questions:

1) Where is it going to get the images? Gatherer? Scryfall? Somewhere else?

2) What size image is it grabbing? Highest available? Or a specific size specified in the code? Or in some option setting I haven't seen yet? Does it check different websites to find the highest quality version? Or does it only grab the highest available from the one site it goes to?

3) What happens when it finds a card I already have? Skips downloading it? Overwrites the one I already have? Only overwrites if DPI is higher? Only overwrites if image size is higher?

4) It dumped all the card images into the main 'cards' directory, not into the individual set folders within. Why? I thought all cards had to be in set folders...what am I losing by having all in the top level folder? When playing the game, is it still looking at any of my previous collection stored in the individual folders? Does it look in the set folders first and if it can't find the card then it goes looking in the top level? Or does it always look in the top level first unless I specify a specific edition of the card and only then it goes looking into the sub folder for that edition?

5) It didn't seem to download any tokens...is there is best way to get those? Or should I just get those all by hand?

As you can see, I'm looking to understand the details of exactly how the game handles the image files stored in different locations, as well as how the "Download HQ Card Pictures" option works, etc.

Would there be a kind soul out there that wouldn't mind taking the time to explain to me? Would be very much appreciated! :D
DirectOrder

Return to Forge