It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:28

Text Size

Forge crashing on startup

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge crashing on startup

Postby CaptainObvious » 16 Sep 2021, 17:47

I've downloaded the latest version of Forge from GitLab and I'm trying to run it. Originally, the game was getting stuck on the "Loading Quest" step of startup, so based on advice online I deleted my AppData-Roaming-Forge folder and tried again. It seemed to resolve that problem, but now the game gets to the "Opening Main Window" stage and crashes. Crash report attached. Any advice?
===========================
Forge: 1.6.45
Java: 16.0.1
crash.PNG
CaptainObvious

Re: Forge crashing on startup

Postby kevlahnota » 17 Sep 2021, 01:14

CaptainObvious wrote:I've downloaded the latest version of Forge from GitLab and I'm trying to run it. Originally, the game was getting stuck on the "Loading Quest" step of startup, so based on advice online I deleted my AppData-Roaming-Forge folder and tried again. It seemed to resolve that problem, but now the game gets to the "Opening Main Window" stage and crashes. Crash report attached. Any advice?
===========================
Forge: 1.6.45
Java: 16.0.1
crash.PNG
Forge is not compatible with Java 16 and later version, try lower Java version (ie Java 11)
kevlahnota
Programmer

Return to Forge