It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:31

Text Size

Forge refuses to show HQ card pictures and I don't know why

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge refuses to show HQ card pictures and I don't know why

Postby orwasaker » 25 Nov 2021, 15:17

This is driving me crazy, ever since downloading 1.6.46 and I just can't get Forge to use HQ pictures, I turned off automatic picture download and I downloaded 10000s of HQ card pictures and yet literally none of them appear in the game as HQ, all appear as LQ and I even made sure of their existence in the Cache folder

This wasn't an issue in 1.6.44 so why is this happening now? I did a full wipe of the card pics folder, and then for testing purposes I made Forge download a couple of HQ card pictures through the in-app downloader, and it downloaded 2-Mace's HQ picture, but once again when restarting Forge the displayed picture is LQ

Dissipate.full.jpg
Look for example at Dissipate's picture in the pics folder:

Me.jpg
Whereas this is how it appears ingame

2964.jpg
Edit: Looking at the cards with no art, I'm almost certain the problem is with forge's resolution itself, the entire card looks low res even without a picture, and as I said this only happened in 1.6.46 and wasn't a problem in 1.6.44...but I looked into the program's preferences and I saw nothing about resolution
orwasaker

Re: Forge refuses to show HQ card pictures and I don't know

Postby friarsol » 29 Nov 2021, 01:58

Your last example has nothing to do with the art. Thats a generated template so people can play if they don't have art.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby orwasaker » 03 Dec 2021, 19:11

friarsol wrote:Your last example has nothing to do with the art. Thats a generated template so people can play if they don't have art.
Yes I know it's auto generated, you missed the point of me including it (or maybe you didn't read what I wrote underneath it) I literally wrote "the entire card looks low res even without a picture" *without a picture* so I am aware of why that card looks like that

My point was that the resolution of the generated card art is also low, meaning that the problem isn't with whether the downloaded art for cards is low or high Quality, it's to do with Forge's display itself
orwasaker

Postby jmdunc54 » 07 Apr 2022, 18:44

I'm returning to Forge after a long break and am having this same issue. Did you ever find a resolution?
jmdunc54

Postby Xitax » 09 May 2022, 00:07

Card images should be named *.fullborder.jpg.
Card images need to be in the set folders in your data folder {your data}/pics/{set code}
Check your forge.profile.properties and also make sure it's the same template as forge.profile.properties.example

If you have this set up properly then there is some other problem.
Xitax

Postby BlackLotus82 » 13 Jul 2022, 09:56

I suppose the OP issue is due to Windows display ratio: it must be set to 100% (and not the default 125%).
BlackLotus82

Return to Forge