It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:57

Text Size

Forge Release 12/29/2021 ver. 1.6.47

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 12/29/2021 ver. 1.6.47

Postby Marek14 » 16 Feb 2022, 20:41

Effects that can tap or untap permanent (like Twiddle) could be probably written better: give a contextual option to either "untap/leave tapped" or "tap/leave untapped" based on its current state.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 23 Feb 2022, 20:43

Inferno Hellion triggers each turn... it has intervening if clause, so it should only trigger if it actually attacked or blocked.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Vukovoj » 25 Feb 2022, 12:41

o/

Hello!

I just want to thank you folks for designing such great software such as Forge - it's truly amazing. I wish I had known of it earlier ^^ though I'm still very thankful.

Total support!

Kindest Regards,
Vukovoj

Postby Nekoatl » 25 Feb 2022, 16:13

I had a Death Baron and a Tomb Tyrant on the battlefield, a Lich Lord of Unx, an Undead Alchemist, and another Death Baron in my graveyard, and a Plague Belcher in hand. I attacked with the Death Baron (which took 1 damage), then in the postcombat main phase, I cast the Plague Belcher, targeting the Death Baron with its activated ability. Before that ability resolved, I activated Tomb Tyrant's ability, sacrificing the Death Baron (and countering Plague Belcher's ability). I expected a random Zombie card from my graveyard to be returned to the battlefield from Tomb Tyrant's ability, but none were. I checked for static abilities that may have been responsible, but all the AI had in play were some basic lands and a Rotting Rats, it had no cards in exile or the command zone, and the only card with an ability that functioned in the graveyard was another Rotting Rats.
Nekoatl

Postby TRT » 25 Feb 2022, 20:39

Nekoatl wrote:I had a Death Baron and a Tomb Tyrant on the battlefield, a Lich Lord of Unx, an Undead Alchemist, and another Death Baron in my graveyard, and a Plague Belcher in hand. I attacked with the Death Baron (which took 1 damage), then in the postcombat main phase, I cast the Plague Belcher, targeting the Death Baron with its activated ability. Before that ability resolved, I activated Tomb Tyrant's ability, sacrificing the Death Baron (and countering Plague Belcher's ability). I expected a random Zombie card from my graveyard to be returned to the battlefield from Tomb Tyrant's ability, but none were. I checked for static abilities that may have been responsible, but all the AI had in play were some basic lands and a Rotting Rats, it had no cards in exile or the command zone, and the only card with an ability that functioned in the graveyard was another Rotting Rats.
thanks fixed
TRT

Postby Nekoatl » 26 Feb 2022, 23:41

AI played Share the Spoils in a regular constructed game. On entering the battlefield, it exiled 2 cards from his library and 0 from mine.
Nekoatl

Postby Marek14 » 27 Feb 2022, 09:46

Bag of Holding doesn't list exiled cards.
Marek14
Tester

Postby trombonesjones » 27 Feb 2022, 22:34

Probably already reported, but urzas saga and subtlety both aren’t working . Urzas saga doesn’t fetch an artifact on its third stage. Subtlety doesn’t target anything when it comes in
trombonesjones

Postby Nekoatl » 28 Feb 2022, 16:33

AI had a Shoreline Ranger. I had no fliers to defend with, but I had 2 Hedron Field Purists at level 1 and level 3. AI played Triumph of the Hordes and attacked with a Shoreline Ranger as a 4/5 flier with infect. I expected the Purists to reduce the damage from 4 to 2, and for me to get 2 poison counters. Instead I got no counters, even though in the log, it says "Shoreline Ranger (148) deals 2 damage to Nekoatl (as poison counters)." There were no other cards that mentioned damage prevention or poison counters, but the other permanents were basic lands; my Mistveil Plains, Soul Warden, 2x Soul's Attendant, Healer of the Pride, and Clue token; and his Shipwreck Singer, Avatar of the Resolute, and Karplusan Strider. My graveyard contained Noble Templar and Myriad Landscape. His, Boon of the Wish-Giver, Oblivion Strike, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, and the recently cast Triumph of the Hordes. I had a Bygone Bishop in exile. No cards in command zones.

On a related note, I notice the dev mode offers options to modify player life and add counters to cards, but not to add counters to players.
Nekoatl

Postby dimhiro » 01 Mar 2022, 05:01

你好 非常感谢 想问下什么时候能更新 neon
dimhiro

Postby Marek14 » 04 Mar 2022, 12:41

This is a very specific corner case of rules, but:
I cast Spikefield Hazard on opponent's 1/1 creature. I have Soul-Scar Mage on the battlefield.
Soul-Scar Mage replaces the damage from Spikefield Hazard with -1/-1 counter. And the creature ended up exiled.
It shouldn't be exiled because Spikefield Hazard says: "If a permanent dealt damage this way would die this turn, exile it instead." And Soul-Scar Mage replaced the damage, so the creature wasn't actually "dealt damage this way".

This particular effect (direct damage that exiles) is written in multiple ways, some use language like "that creature" while some work specifically on damaged creatures -- and so they shouldn't exile if the damage is prevented or replaced and the creature dies later in the turn. On the other hand, if the damage from such spells is redirected, then the creature that is actually damaged gets the exile effect as well.
Marek14
Tester

Postby TRT » 04 Mar 2022, 14:41

Marek14 wrote:This is a very specific corner case of rules, but:
I cast Spikefield Hazard on opponent's 1/1 creature. I have Soul-Scar Mage on the battlefield.
Soul-Scar Mage replaces the damage from Spikefield Hazard with -1/-1 counter. And the creature ended up exiled.
It shouldn't be exiled because Spikefield Hazard says: "If a permanent dealt damage this way would die this turn, exile it instead." And Soul-Scar Mage replaced the damage, so the creature wasn't actually "dealt damage this way".

This particular effect (direct damage that exiles) is written in multiple ways, some use language like "that creature" while some work specifically on damaged creatures -- and so they shouldn't exile if the damage is prevented or replaced and the creature dies later in the turn. On the other hand, if the damage from such spells is redirected, then the creature that is actually damaged gets the exile effect as well.
thanks fixed
TRT

Postby Djebb » 08 Mar 2022, 10:14

Forge throws this exception whenever I run it :

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception : java.lang.RuntimeException
cause-message : Unsupported card found in quest save: Ugin, the Ineffable from edition PSLD
class : forge.deck.CardPool
required-type : forge.deck.CardPool
converter-type : forge.gamemodes.gauntlet.GauntletIO$DeckSectionToXml
path : /forge.gauntlet.GauntletData/decks/forge.deck.Deck[21]/parts/entry/forge.deck.CardPool/card[16]
line number : 1040
class[1] : java.util.EnumMap
converter-type[1] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.enums.EnumMapConverter
class[2] : forge.deck.Deck
converter-type[2] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
class[3] : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[3] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[4] : forge.gamemodes.gauntlet.GauntletData
version : 1.6.48-SNAPSHOT
-------------------------------
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:79)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:70)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.readItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:73)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.putCurrentEntryIntoMap(MapConverter.java:110)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:98)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:92)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.enums.EnumMapConverter.unmarshal(EnumMapConverter.java:67)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:70)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:503)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:429)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:281)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.readItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:73)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.addCurrentElementToCollection(CollectionConverter.java:98)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCollection(CollectionConverter.java:91)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCollection(CollectionConverter.java:85)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.unmarshal(CollectionConverter.java:80)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:503)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:429)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:281)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:134)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:32)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1230)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1214)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:1085)
at forge.gamemodes.gauntlet.GauntletIO.loadGauntlet(GauntletIO.java:119)
at forge.screens.home.gauntlet.CSubmenuGauntletContests.updateData(CSubmenuGauntletContests.java:72)
at forge.screens.home.gauntlet.CSubmenuGauntletContests.initialize(CSubmenuGauntletContests.java:62)
at forge.view.FView.initialize(FView.java:160)
at forge.control.FControl$3.run(FControl.java:266)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:318)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:771)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:722)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:716)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:741)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported card found in quest save: Ugin, the Ineffable from edition PSLD
at forge.gamemodes.gauntlet.GauntletIO$DeckSectionToXml.readCardPrinted(GauntletIO.java:214)
at forge.gamemodes.gauntlet.GauntletIO$DeckSectionToXml.unmarshal(GauntletIO.java:186)
... 56 more
Djebb

Postby kevlahnota » 08 Mar 2022, 10:52

Your old save has invalid card edition, either put an alias to PSLD edition or just edit your save and replace PSLD with SLD (try opening it with 7zip, edit the text, save..) PSLD is merged with SLD and is removed a long time ago...

Djebb wrote:Forge throws this exception whenever I run it :

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception : java.lang.RuntimeException
cause-message : Unsupported card found in quest save: Ugin, the Ineffable from edition PSLD
class : forge.deck.CardPool
required-type : forge.deck.CardPool
converter-type : forge.gamemodes.gauntlet.GauntletIO$DeckSectionToXml
path : /forge.gauntlet.GauntletData/decks/forge.deck.Deck[21]/parts/entry/forge.deck.CardPool/card[16]
line number : 1040
class[1] : java.util.EnumMap
converter-type[1] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.enums.EnumMapConverter
class[2] : forge.deck.Deck
converter-type[2] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
class[3] : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[3] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[4] : forge.gamemodes.gauntlet.GauntletData
version : 1.6.48-SNAPSHOT
-------------------------------
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:79)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.putCurrentEntryIntoMap(MapConverter.java:110)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:98)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:92)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.enums.EnumMapConverter.unmarshal(EnumMapConverter.java:67)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.addCurrentElementToCollection(CollectionConverter.java:98)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCollection(CollectionConverter.java:91)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCollection(CollectionConverter.java:85)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.unmarshal(CollectionConverter.java:80)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:134)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:32)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1230)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1214)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:1085)
at forge.gamemodes.gauntlet.GauntletIO.loadGauntlet(GauntletIO.java:119)
at forge.screens.home.gauntlet.CSubmenuGauntletContests.updateData(CSubmenuGauntletContests.java:72)
at forge.screens.home.gauntlet.CSubmenuGauntletContests.initialize(CSubmenuGauntletContests.java:62)
at forge.view.FView.initialize(FView.java:160)
at forge.control.FControl$3.run(FControl.java:266)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:318)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:771)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:722)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:716)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:741)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported card found in quest save: Ugin, the Ineffable from edition PSLD
at forge.gamemodes.gauntlet.GauntletIO$DeckSectionToXml.readCardPrinted(GauntletIO.java:214)
at forge.gamemodes.gauntlet.GauntletIO$DeckSectionToXml.unmarshal(GauntletIO.java:186)
... 56 more
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 10 Mar 2022, 08:24

AI played Haphazard Bombardment and didn't put aim counters anywhere, although it's mandatory.
Marek14
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge