It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:21

Text Size

Choosing artwork

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Choosing artwork

Postby trombonesjones » 06 Jan 2022, 03:30

Is there anyway to use original artwork only? Some of the new artwork is difficult to read.
trombonesjones

Re: Choosing artwork

Postby Fregnor » 06 Jan 2022, 17:48

You can change card images one by one, so that you only have old ones and not new ones, but that takes a long time.

I don't know which modes you play, but in the modes where you build the decks yourself, you can select the old art rather than the new art in the deck editor for each deck you build.

To my knowledge, there is not a setting to change that can do what you desire to do with the card versions.
Fregnor

Re: Choosing artwork

Postby Marek14 » 07 Jan 2022, 11:52

I have posted about that before.
Currently, each deck has automatically generated "Set", which is the first point in the Magic timeline that deck would have been possible. (I.e. when the newest card from the deck comes out.)

I would like an option to to limit the pictures so no images newer than this "set" value would be used.

In addition, maybe an option to set a "promo" percentage? A probability that a card is replaced by a random promo version (but still limited by the "set" value), so those pictures would appear sometimes but they wouldn't completely replace standard versions.

Would that be easy enough to implement?
Marek14
Tester

Return to Forge