It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:20

Text Size

Join Forge Discord

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Join Forge Discord

Postby friarsol » 20 Apr 2022, 13:36

Hey all,

I'm sure all of you have noticed the reduced activity Forge has had on these forums. We're definitely still around and chugging away, just less active on the forums since we've moved to Discord.

Please join and ask us questions on Discord.

Additionally, Forge has moved to Github recently. Check it out https://github.com/Card-Forge/forge

We'll continue to post release announcements here for now, but preferably you'd join and ask questions in our #help channels.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Join Forge Discord

Postby Matok86 » 27 Apr 2022, 07:59

Thanks for the information and for the work you do.
One thing I did not understand: will the next Forge releases continue to be available here or will they be permanently moved elsewhere?
Matok86

Postby friarsol » 03 May 2022, 14:04

Matok86 wrote:Thanks for the information and for the work you do.
One thing I did not understand: will the next Forge releases continue to be available here or will they be permanently moved elsewhere?
For now they'll continue to be posted here. If/When that changes we'll post an announcement on where to find them.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Ghamar » 13 May 2022, 18:04

wants a phone number still
not gonna be assed
Ghamar

Postby Narwhal » 18 May 2022, 02:03

Is there any way you could remove the phone number requirement...? I am "technically" already a part of that discord and do visit it quite frequently, but alas, due to that particular requirement I'm unable to actually interact with the community. I would love to be able to talk and recieve help. I don't really understand why this level of authentication was implemented in the first place.
Narwhal

Postby Ghamar » 20 May 2022, 18:24

Narwhal wrote:Is there any way you could remove the phone number requirement...? I am "technically" already a part of that discord and do visit it quite frequently, but alas, due to that particular requirement I'm unable to actually interact with the community. I would love to be able to talk and recieve help. I don't really understand why this level of authentication was implemented in the first place.
you can use temporary phone number you find online but once someone else uses that same number discord locks your whole account till you give it a real #. Definitely not private info extortion.
Ghamar

Postby Narwhal » 21 May 2022, 07:31

Ghamar wrote:
Narwhal wrote:Is there any way you could remove the phone number requirement...? I am "technically" already a part of that discord and do visit it quite frequently, but alas, due to that particular requirement I'm unable to actually interact with the community. I would love to be able to talk and recieve help. I don't really understand why this level of authentication was implemented in the first place.
you can use temporary phone number you find online but once someone else uses that same number discord locks your whole account till you give it a real #. Definitely not private info extortion.
Yeah, I would never do that for that exact reason. I've already had discord kill one account, because I invited a handful of people to a server and it didn't like that so it slapped me with a phone verification lock. Anywho, I don't see a single reason for the Forge server to require a phone number, I think being a member for more than 10 minutes should be enough...
Narwhal

Postby notnelson » 15 Aug 2022, 14:55

Hello,

I cant manage to get my account verified. Discord will just not send me an sms... I would appreciate some help with this stuff.
notnelson

Postby nimblepirit » 12 Dec 2022, 19:24

Just another person who can't access the discord because of the phone number verification. I use a viop number and play Forge because I'm a low income individual, I don't have an actual phone number. I'd love to engage with the community and share the themes I've made over the last 8 years that I've been playing, but unfortunately I'm not allowed to on Discord
nimblepirit

Postby Nekoatl » 20 Mar 2023, 02:33

Attempting to use Discord is an exercise in frustration whether you have an account set up or not, so not having access to it is probably a blessing in disguise. I find it baffling that there's a trend of communities actually choosing to migrate to a platform that seems as if it were designed by a literal god of chaos, and I look forward to the inevitable day when the trend becomes to move communities off of the Discord platform instead.
Nekoatl

Postby allenarchibald » 27 Mar 2023, 06:46

I have not found an application similar to Discord that is reputable. Can you introduce yourself?
allenarchibald

Postby Ainkatsiss » 17 Aug 2023, 11:54

I'm trying to join the discord but the link seems to no longer work. Is the discord always in use ?
Ainkatsiss

Postby muppet » 11 Dec 2023, 15:31

hi I have no phone so discord is apparently useless.
muppet
Tester

Postby Darkholme » 27 Mar 2024, 16:05

Just adding to the pile. Discord does not consider a VOIP number sufficient (even if it can receive SMS), and therefore I can't interact with the Forge Discord unless I start spending a lot more on a phone, and change from a VoIP number + tablet data plan (for emergencies), to a conventional cell number (which would cost me ~6x-8x as much per month).

I should note, I use Discord almost daily. I'm only locked out of interacting with your Discord and one other because of this "you need a more expensive phone number" requirement.
Last edited by Darkholme on 27 Mar 2024, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Darkholme

Postby Darkholme » 27 Mar 2024, 16:07

allenarchibald wrote:I have not found an application similar to Discord that is reputable. Can you introduce yourself?
There's Element / Matrix. But you need to actually host a server for yourself I believe. I don't think they host it for you.
Darkholme

Return to Forge