It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:05

Text Size

Missing "library search window" in Commander matches

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Missing "library search window" in Commander matches

Postby Shunyata01 » 07 Aug 2022, 14:49

Apologies if this topic is in the wrong area of the forum or has been previously discussed (I didn't find anything in a few searches):

I have Forge version 1.6.53 and run it in Java 8 mode.

When I cast a card (within the 4-player Commander environment) that wants to search my library (e.g. Cultivate, Mystical Tutor, etc), the library search window does not appear.

I run multiple displays, so I have checked to see if the window is just popping up on a different screen or buried behind another window, but that isn't the case. That behavior DOES occur with my graveyard search window (which is just an issue related to multiple displays), so I'm inclined to believe that a different error/problem is occurring with the library search window.

Also, most "scry" effects will work and show a library window with a few cards turned over, so I'm again inclined to believe that this isn't an issue with some sort of window setting that I can find somewhere and toggle.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any workarounds?

Btw, I love Forge and greatly appreciate all the work the devs have put into it. It's amazing that this program exists. Thanks.
Last edited by Huggybaby on 08 Aug 2022, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to proper forum
Shunyata01

Re: Missing "library search window" in Commander matches

Postby someguyinahat » 25 Aug 2022, 15:23

This works for me, but I believe the search window won't show up if there aren't any valid cards in the library (for example, if some legend allows you to search your library for another named legend that you don't have.)
someguyinahat

Return to Forge