It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:38

Text Size

Adventure Shop Editing Help

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Adventure Shop Editing Help

Postby MasterXploder7 » 16 Mar 2023, 15:23

I have been trying to edit the "shops.json" file to create my own little shop in adventure mode. I have been mostly successful too! I just need a little help getting certain things to work because every attempt I have made has been unsuccessful. Any help would be seriously appreciated! (I should probably also note that I am using notepad++ and have been learning the syntax as I go)

1) Wild cards in "cardName" fields.
Is it even possible to use the wild card in cardName fields? It would appear that the wildcard used in text fields is ".*" (period-asterisk). The "cardName" appears to be treated as a text field (similar to "cardText"), however every attempt I have made with this seems to be unsuccessful... here is an example that I have used to attempt to get random "Jace" cards:
Code: Select all
"rewards": [{"count":1,"cardName": "Jace.*"}]
2) "cardUnion" with "cardName"
It might be easiest to just start with the code I am attempting to use, then explain what I am trying to do:
"rewards": [{"count":1,"type":"Union","cardUnion": [{"count":1,"cardName": "Yawgmoth, Thran Physician"},{"count":1,"cardName": "Urza, Lord High Artificer"}]}]
This is a sort of test to see how I can get the shop to spit out 1 of X possible rewards (in this case, there are only two cards possible). This code doesn't fundamentally break anything, but rather than give me 1 of the two listed cards, it actually gives 2 random cards.

I have also tried (simplified code):
 "count":1,"cardName": "Yawgmoth, Thran Physician | Urza, Lord High Artificer"
and
"count":1,"cardName": "Yawgmoth, Thran Physician OR Urza, Lord High Artificer"

I have also tried these variants in listing the potential outputs:
"(Yawgmoth, Thran Physician | Urza, Lord High Artificer)"
"(Yawgmoth, Thran Physician OR Urza, Lord High Artificer)"
["Yawgmoth, Thran Physician | Urza, Lord High Artificer"]
["Yawgmoth, Thran Physician OR Urza, Lord High Artificer"]
["(Yawgmoth, Thran Physician | Urza, Lord High Artificer)"]
["(Yawgmoth, Thran Physician OR Urza, Lord High Artificer)"]
3) Shop manashard refresh cost location
I really hope this is the simplest one to ask about... Where can I find the file to edit the shard refresh costs for a shop? I have searched high and low and I cannot find it. I assume it has to be located somewhere since each shop has an (almost specified?) refresh cost.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Return to Forge