It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:35

Text Size

AI attacking and blocking Observations

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: AI attacking and blocking Observations

Postby ShivaFang » 24 Oct 2016, 13:41

Xyx wrote:AI seems to be confused by vehicles. Its turn 2 and I have Smuggler's Copter but no 1-drop, so I'm wide open, but the AI does not attack with its 1-drop and hasty 2-drop.

Actually, it doesn't even attack back after I tap my only creature to attack it with my copter.
Also I've seen it attack with a Veteran Motorist (3/1) instead of crewing a Copter (which would be 4/4 with the motorist) That might be a little advanced thinking for an AI though.
ShivaFang

Postby Seravy » 30 Oct 2016, 16:44

AI attacked with a 6/6 creature, I had 6 life. I blocked using a 3/3. AI used boomerang on my creature after blocking, so I took no damage AND my creature was saved. If it used it before attacking I would have lost this turn.
Seravy

Postby Seravy » 02 Nov 2016, 00:34

The AI isn't using Ashen Ghoul and Nether Spirit to attack and block aggressively when Grave Pact is in play. They should try to block and attack as much as possible, since the creatures come back to play if killed and if they die in combat I lose creatures.

11/06 :
-AI attacked with a Forbidding Watchtower when I clearly had blockers (2/2 or 3/3 creature) instead of playing cards from its hand. It only stopped doing that when I had an untapped creature with 5 power. (I actually played a Telephatic Spies and knew it had two Wall of Glares in hand, but couldn't play them because it wasted all the mana on attacking with the land.)
-AI vs AI match, both players passed and didn't attack on the turn when they had 0 cards left in their libraries, as though it was any other turn. They should do an all-out attack when they are guaranteed to lose next turn, even if it's not a very favorable attack.
Seravy

Postby fmartel » 11 Nov 2016, 17:11

-r32539, I've notice something strange... In a commander game, my opponent have (AI1)Platinum Angel, Brass Man, Vryn Wingmare, Paragon of New Dawns and Realmwright equiped with Wolfhunter's Quiver. (AI2) has Goblin Spy, Coldsteel Heart and Warstorm Surge. I have Primal Vigor OTB and I seem to be getting 4 tokens of either Precinct Captain, Master of the Wild Hunt or Jedit Ojanen of Efrava.

My question is, With Primal Vigor on, I should only be getting 2 of each token (put twice as many...) ?

Edit: I just played Nomads' Assembly, I'm controlling 54 creatures, with Primal Vigor I should have 108, It gave me 4* that.... (54*4=216)
Capture.PNG
(54*4=216)
Capture.PNG (19.77 KiB) Viewed 10861 times
fmartel

Postby BloodReyvyn » 14 Nov 2016, 12:41

The opponent had Elvish Healer and Norwood Warrior in play and I attacked with a 2/2 Deathtouch.

The computer blocked with the Elvish Healer and then tapped it to prevent 1 damage, but still died due to deathtouch.

He should have blocked with the Norwood Warrior and then tapped the Healer to save it.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby fmartel » 22 Nov 2016, 17:51

if someone has Pariah, but the creature it enchanted is nolonger in play, does the ability still stand ?
fmartel

Postby timmermac » 22 Nov 2016, 18:40

It shouldn't. There aren't any other damage-redirection effects present?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby fmartel » 22 Nov 2016, 20:55

No, each time I was dealing damage to him, he didn't lose any Life. If he'd blocked my creats, they were dealing damage to them, thus removing his blockers. Only after I dispelled the enchantment I could kill him.
fmartel

Postby BloodReyvyn » 30 Nov 2016, 22:35

Twice today I was playing against an AI running Nantuko Husk (actually second game was Vampire Aristocrat, but basically the same card):

When I attacked with a creature that would have killed their pumpable creature (aforementioned) and still enough to kill them, but they had another creature, They would use the pump ability, sac their other creature, and then NOT block, losing them the game.

They should have blocked with the creature they were going to sacrifice, then sacrifice the creature before the Combat Damage step.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby jimmygb96 » 15 Jan 2017, 01:04

I once had a Master Biomancer that was pumped with Titanic Growth attack while the AI had a Reef Worm and a Wurmcoil Engine. It had Wurmcoil Engine block. It could have chump blocked with Reef Worm and I would have been open for a swing from Wurmcoil and the fish token, but the AI chose not to for some reason.
jimmygb96

Postby Phoenix » 18 Jan 2017, 20:20

Tried a new Quest Deck against the Quest Chalange deck based on "Divine Presence".

I had 2 creatures with flying, 70 life and only 2 card left in my library. But I had 8 Desert on the battlefield.
AI also had 2 creatures with flying (3/4 and 3/4), 7 life and 5 cards in library.

It was AI's turn.
Instead of staying at home and waiting for me being drawn out, AI attacked with both creatures.
I destroyed both of them with my Desert.
AI had no creature to play in his hand.

In my turn I drew my second to last card, I attacked the AI and dealt 6 damage resulting in AI's life being only 1 and the chance to only play 1 card for its defense.

In AI's turn it drew a flying creature and played it.

In my turn I drew my last card, attacked with both of my creatures and won the game.
Phoenix

Postby fmartel » 12 May 2017, 00:01

in -1.5.63-SNAPSHOT-r33986, in a commander game, I have Anowon, the Ruin Sage otbf. my opponent has only Adriana, Captain of the Guard, equiped with Armory of Iroas. At my upkeep, why won't AI sacrifice his only creature (which is a non-vampire) ?
fmartel

Postby xbon » 30 May 2017, 01:51

with Ormendahl, Profane Prince on my field, the AI keeps attacking (even though they have more creatures and it'd normally be game) but because of ormendahl's lifelink, I just take one of their creatures and end up with more life than before, rinse and repeat, ai isn't considering the fact I have 9 lifelink indestructible flying.

r34104
xbon

Postby Seravy » 30 May 2017, 09:58

The AI seems to be attacking way too aggressively recently, for example when it has a 2/3 and I have two tapped 2/2s and a tapped 1/1, it'll hit me for 2, then take 5 next turn due to having no blockers. And this happened when the AI was at 7 life and I had 20.
It shouldn't attack unless the expected time it takes to kill the player is equal or less than it takes for the AI to lose from counterattacks.

...I think it's coded to ignore leaving blockers while it is above 5 life as it stops doing that below 5 (but by then it's usually too late).
Seravy

Postby Seravy » 31 May 2017, 12:44

The AI attacks with creatures enchanted by Quicksilver Dagger, even if they are 1/1, instead of using the ability to draw a card.

I attack with a Stratadon. The AI blocks it with a 6/6 and two 1/1s. I have Lashknife Barrier in play, and can tap Samite Pilgrim to prevent 2 damage so the Stratadon doesn't die.
Seravy

PreviousNext

Return to Forge