It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:05

Text Size

Forge Token images

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Token images

Postby Bog Wraith » 02 Jun 2014, 11:25

Xitax wrote:The intent for these two was to not have THS in the card name, but rather to update the script to remove that part of the token name. Whenever a token that is fairly vanilla has not been done before it becomes the default token of its type and has no set assignment. Both of these are in that category.
For now, this is the only way that these 2 tokens will show up in the game and that's what I am addressing here. This is also the reason I mentioned to make a copy of the token in question and add the _THS while keeping the original in the token folder. If/when the script is changed, the original file will still be there for the game to call on it.

Marek14, thanks for the info on the "Haste" wording on the token.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Marek14 » 05 Jun 2014, 05:29

Today's Magic Arcana (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... rcana/1509) showed token cards in Conspiracy. Let's have a look at them:

Construct (c_1_1_construct.jpg) -- for Flamewright and Sentinel Dispatch
Demon (b_x_x_demon_CNS.jpg) -- for Reign of the Pit
Elephant (g_3_3_elephant_CNS.jpg) -- for Selvala's Charge
Ogre (r_4_4_ogre.jpg) -- for Grenzo's Rebuttal (not coded yet)
Spirit (w_1_1_spirit_CNS) -- for Custodi Soulbinders and Rousing of Souls
Wolf (g_2_2_wolf_CNS) -- for Predator's Howl

Tokens we won't probably need:
Squirrel -- only produced by Squirrel Nest. Of course, we might want to use it for Acorn Catapult.
Zombie -- only produced by Wakedancer, and it's actually the same picture as AVR zombie, so no loss here.
Marek14
Tester

Postby kvothe » 05 Jun 2014, 11:07

Acorn Catapult uses one of the old Squirrel tokens, the one from Player Rewards or the one from the Masques Block.

EDIT: It's the one from Masques
kvothe

Postby Marek14 » 05 Jun 2014, 16:43

kvothe wrote:Acorn Catapult uses one of the old Squirrel tokens, the one from Player Rewards or the one from the Masques Block.

EDIT: It's the one from Masques
Yes, I know, I was just wondering if this might not be more appropriate since it has new card frame :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby kvothe » 05 Jun 2014, 18:37

There is the possibility that it gets an update, yes. I'll try to confirm it when on Vintage Masters is released on MTGO
kvothe

Postby Xitax » 06 Jun 2014, 00:11

The only one that's going to be a problem in Forge is the new Squirrel token from Squirrel Nest. Reason being Forge can't assign different tokens based on edition only.
Xitax

Postby kvothe » 06 Jun 2014, 00:21

Xitax wrote:The only one that's going to be a problem in Forge is the new Squirrel token from Squirrel Nest. Reason being Forge can't assign different tokens based on edition only.
The problem is that there is only one scrip for card and a list of cards per set that refers to the card scripts, correct? So it would only be possible to assign different tokens if there were different card scripts?
kvothe

Postby Marek14 » 06 Jun 2014, 06:22

kvothe wrote:
Xitax wrote:The only one that's going to be a problem in Forge is the new Squirrel token from Squirrel Nest. Reason being Forge can't assign different tokens based on edition only.
The problem is that there is only one scrip for card and a list of cards per set that refers to the card scripts, correct? So it would only be possible to assign different tokens if there were different card scripts?
Well, there are cards that can produce tokens of multiple images (Zombie-makers from Innistrad, for example), so you could probably get around it by creative renaming of images. Of course, it would result in the same image having many different names...

Alternative would be to always include the set code in token image and make the card look for token with the same set code as its own -- but of course, such tokens not always exist, token images are usually re-used later in block.

Final option would be to update token generation to allow branching based on the card's set code. This way you could still just have one script per card, but that script would have to be edited every time the card is reprinted.
Marek14
Tester

Postby kvothe » 06 Jun 2014, 18:15

Yeah, in general the tokens are block specific, rather than set specific. And the older ones that are not unique, from sets previous to Invasion, almost all use the tokens from Players Rewards.
I like the idea of all the token being set specific, and mentioning in the card scrip the correct picture. I think it avoids having to have multiple instances of the same image with different names.
But it has the problem of a card producing different tokens in different sets.

The idea of making it look for the same set code works, but requires multiple files with the same card and different set specific names.

I guess it could be done if instead of the list of cards per set and a single cardsfolder there was a cardsfolder per set. Or even have multiple scripts per card. But I don't know what implications it would have and if it would be viable.
kvothe

Postby Marek14 » 04 Jul 2014, 06:54

M15 token analysis:

M15 brings 12 new token pictures, and each has at least one new card.

Old tokens:
black 2/2 Zombie: the new token is used by Necromancer's Stockpile and Waste Not.
colorless 1/1 Sliver: the new token is used by Sliver Hive.
green 3/3 Beast: the new token is used by Feral Incarnation and Soul of Zendikar.
green 1/1 Insect with flying and deathtouch is used by Hornet Nest. Since it's the first actual printing of the token, it should be the default one so Hornet Queen also should use it.
red 1/1 Goblin: the new token is used by Goblin Rabblemaster.
red 2/2 Dragon: the new token is used by Brood Keeper.
white 1/1 Soldier: the new token is used by First Response. It's a question whether Raise the Alarm which didn't have a token in Mirrodin should be also switched to this one.
white 1/1 Spirit with flying: the new token is used by Spirit Bonds and Triplicate Spirits

New tokens:
black 3/3 Beast with deathtouch for Garruk, Apex Predator.
colorless Land Mine for Goblin Kaboomist.
green */* Treefolk Warrior with "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Forests you control." for Kalonian Twingrove.
blue 1/1 Squid with islandwalk for Chasm Skulker and Coral Barrier.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Cynic » 16 Sep 2014, 20:24

EDIT : Case solved, I'm leaving it here in case it ever helps someone, I went to all my shared pics directories, deleted everything that could possibly look like a token, went back to Forge cache folder, deleted the whole /pics/ folder there, relaunched Forge, relaunched the content downloader, it downloaded again... Except this time it worked. No idea what caused the trouble before, probably some incompatibility with other tokens, but I'm good now!

Hi guys,

I'm struggling to make Tokens appear in my installation... I feel like I've tried everything to no avail.
Last try was to delete the contents of <cache_folder>/Cache/pics/tokens, and I really thought I would be saved when I noticed that the content downloader replaced the directory succesfully with the token images, but alas, in game, still the same ugly placeholder.

My directories are not standard so I thought this might be the trouble (I'm sharing the card pics with other programs mainly), but if the content downloader replaces the missing token files but they still don't appear in game... I'm lost.

Should I perhaps make sure to delete all other token directories everywhere? Could that be the issue?
Cynic

Postby phantumdragun » 23 Sep 2014, 15:41

Anyone know the proper file name for the Land Mine token in M15, generated by the Goblin Kaboomist? It's colorless and doesn't have a power or toughness. I have the .jpg I just don't know how to name it to make it show up. I tried "land_mine.jpg" and "c_x_x_land_mine.jpg".

All my other M15 tokens work, just not this one.
phantumdragun

Postby Agetian » 23 Sep 2014, 16:08

phantumdragun wrote:Anyone know the proper file name for the Land Mine token in M15, generated by the Goblin Kaboomist? It's colorless and doesn't have a power or toughness. I have the .jpg I just don't know how to name it to make it show up. I tried "land_mine.jpg" and "c_x_x_land_mine.jpg".

All my other M15 tokens work, just not this one.
In v1.5.26 (the current beta as of this writing), the name of the token is "c_null_null_land_mine.jpg". However, starting with v1.5.28 it will be shortened to just "c_land_mine.jpg" similar to how the token image name for Gold is c_gold.jpg.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby phantumdragun » 23 Sep 2014, 18:24

Cool. Thanks.
phantumdragun

Postby mastroego » 13 Dec 2014, 08:27

With the new CCGHQ's releases I've been able to (manually, ouch! :| ) update several tokens on my local installation (Conspiracy, M15)

To my knowledge, at this moment we still miss (I mean, not be found anywhere) the High Res version of the following:

Ajani Steadfast (Emblem)
Garruk, Apex Predator (Emblem)
Born of the Gods (All Tokens)
Journey Into Nyx Tokens (All Tokens)

EDIT: actually even those should be available as EXTRAs have been uploaded too.

EDIT 2: by the way, I think the naming system for tokens is sub-optimal. Right now, when a new token appears, it's interpreted as the "default" one and the set suffix isn't used. For additional version of the "same" token, the set suffix is appended.
But this generates a few weird instances. For example the JOU 1/3 Spider token becomes the "default" one as it's the first token with these stats. But, it's also an enchantment creature, so maybe it shouldn't be the default 1/3 spider. Nothing game-breaking of course, I realize this is nit-picking :D
mastroego

PreviousNext

Return to Forge