It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:08

Text Size

Forge Token images

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Token images

Postby Xitax » 11 Mar 2014, 00:11

schnautzr wrote:I've prepared set-specific images for a large number of tokens using cropped versions of hi-res pics I found here and there. How do I contribute these images to the repository?
There's a lot more to it than that. Card scripts need editing as well. I plan to work on this (eventually), but I plan on uploading to the official repository only WotC tokens with set specific (as allowed) card scripts and then a few select tokens that WotC never made. I haven't gotten around to actually doing anything yet... but I will. :oops:
Xitax

Postby stetman » 16 May 2014, 18:41

hi i'm a nooby and i've a problem

i want replace a classic token by another one, how can i do so?

PS: res->pics is empty and can't find (on my compter or on the forum) from where the software pick up pics on game
stetman

Postby kvothe » 16 May 2014, 21:43

Xitax wrote:
schnautzr wrote:I've prepared set-specific images for a large number of tokens using cropped versions of hi-res pics I found here and there. How do I contribute these images to the repository?
There's a lot more to it than that. Card scripts need editing as well. I plan to work on this (eventually), but I plan on uploading to the official repository only WotC tokens with set specific (as allowed) card scripts and then a few select tokens that WotC never made. I haven't gotten around to actually doing anything yet... but I will. :oops:
For the ones that were never printed by Wizards, please consider using the same token MTGO uses. I installed MTGO to see how tokens worked there and although they don't exist physically they have created art for the client, so they there are official tokens for at least every card on MTGO.
I was saving the token pictures from there and I have only encountered 2 or 3 tokens that don't exist online (because the card that makes them is not on magic online yet).
kvothe

Postby Bog Wraith » 23 May 2014, 00:12

I can't get the token images to show up in the game. I always get the default image every time I have a token generated by Forge. I'm running Forge on my Mac and the tokens folder is in the Library/Cache/Forge/pics/cards folder and yet I never can get any of the tokens to show up. All my card pictures show from within the /pics/cards folder, but the tokens which are in the tokens folder with the /pics/cards one, never do.

Does anyone have any info that I might be missing to rectify this problem, because I'm stumped as to what to do.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby friarsol » 23 May 2014, 04:10

Bog Wraith wrote:I can't get the token images to show up in the game. I always get the default image every time I have a token generated by Forge. I'm running Forge on my Mac and the tokens folder is in the Library/Cache/Forge/pics/cards folder and yet I never can get any of the tokens to show up. All my card pictures show from within the /pics/cards folder, but the tokens which are in the tokens folder with the /pics/cards one, never do.

Does anyone have any info that I might be missing to rectify this problem, because I'm stumped as to what to do.
So for me I have <..>/Cache/pics/cards and <..>/Cache/pics/tokens. It sounds like you might have <..>/pics/cards/tokens? Maybe try moving the tokens folder up one directory?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Bog Wraith » 23 May 2014, 19:53

I had that directory structure before and it did not work. Now I find that it does. Problem is that I don't have many of the images for a number of tokens. For instance, I didn't have the White 1/1 cat soldier token that is generated when Brimaz, King of Oreskos attacks. I made one myself and put it in the tokens folder and then it showed up.

I downloaded the collection of tokens that moomarc posted on the first page of this thread, but it seems that it is missing allot of the images that I need when I play. I have a total of 253 tokens in the folder. Do you have more than this? Could you or someone else who has a more complete tokens collection upload the folder or point to a link where I could get it should it already be available?

Thanks for your help.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby KrazyTheFox » 23 May 2014, 20:06

Bog Wraith wrote:I downloaded the collection of tokens that moomarc posted on the first page of this thread
In version 1.5.17 the naming scheme for tokens was changed. You'll need to rename them manually to get them to work.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 23 May 2014, 20:57

Using the game's content downloaders to get the new version of the tokens only downloads what is needed for the quest module. I don't know if the rest of the tokens are downloaded when you choose to get all the card pics. I don't need any of those, but I will try this out later.

When i manually created the cat token, I named it using the old procedure, w_1_1_cat_soldier.jpg, and it showed up in the game so it seems that the old naming structure is still working.

I hope that someone will post a new set of the tokens which use the new naming method, if this is necessary, when it becomes available.

----------------------------------------------------------
Downloaded the new version of the named tokens and tried it out by activating Elspeth, Sun's Champion. 3 soldier tokens were generated from the w_1_1_soldier2_ths.jpg file in the tokens folder. Will test others to see if they are generated but it does look like they are working.

Still, more tokens will have to be made to get all the images for all the tokens available such as the new Journey into Nyx card Hour of Need that creates a 4/4 blue Sphinx with flying token.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Xitax » 24 May 2014, 00:12

I posted a link to the new folder of token images someplace in the current beta thread.
Xitax

Postby Bog Wraith » 24 May 2014, 13:24

I found the tokens that Xitax posted as well as by a few others. I've only tested a few so far, but this has the updated set info for many of the newer tokens. Thanks guys, this is a great collection of what's been done so far!

https://www.mediafire.com/?l91pjzpf589o57p
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Bog Wraith » 29 May 2014, 21:47

The token for the Master of Waves the 1/0 blue elemental, needed a slight correction to work with the new naming format. Replace the one in your token folder with this one below:
Attachments
u_1_0_elemental_THS.jpg
Blue Elemental
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Bog Wraith » 01 Jun 2014, 15:50

Another token to be added is this one for when Akroan Crusader creates a 1/1 soldier when it's targeted with a spell. As always, put this into your token folder.

For both this token and the blue elemental above, the 3 letter abbreviation for the set that they come from, in this case THS for Theros, is added at the end of the token file name to conform with the new naming sequence.

As an example, this token is named r_1_1_soldier.jpg. To make it show up in the game when playing with Theros block cards, the file's name should be r_1_1_soldier_THS.jpg. Should you come across any tokens that don't appear in the game, make a copy of said token an add the _ character along with 3 letter set abbreviation name that it comes from. Keep the original token in the folder as well.

Unfortunately the token does not have the word "Haste" on it which it has when entering the battlefield after being created by the Akroan Crusader, but I will keep an eye open for one if it exists or is created in the future.
Attachments
r_1_1_soldier_THS.jpg
Red Soldier Token
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Fizanko » 01 Jun 2014, 16:34

Thank you for the tokens
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Xitax » 01 Jun 2014, 17:31

The intent for these two was to not have THS in the card name, but rather to update the script to remove that part of the token name. Whenever a token that is fairly vanilla has not been done before it becomes the default token of its type and has no set assignment. Both of these are in that category.
Xitax

Postby Marek14 » 01 Jun 2014, 22:23

Bog Wraith wrote:Unfortunately the token does not have the word "Haste" on it which it has when entering the battlefield after being created by the Akroan Crusader, but I will keep an eye open for one if it exists or is created in the future.
The current policy of Wizards is to not mention haste on token cards. Haste rarely matters after the first turn on the battlefield (only with control change effects) so they prefer to have bigger image for these tokens. It also allows to have the same token for haste and non-haste version.

I wanted to ask about white 1/1 Soldier tokens in Theros block. They have two pictures and there are 4 cards altogether that create them: Akroan Horse, Elspeth, Sun's Champion; Evangel of Heliod and Launch the Fleet.

Not sure about other cards, but I know that Elspeth creates both types at random. Now, the first token (collector number 2/11) pretty clearly shows a soldier climbing down from the Akroan Horse in the dead of night, so I think it should be limited to that card and the other token (3/11) should be used for the other three cards.
Marek14
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge