It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:05

Text Size

Forge Beta: 10-17-2011 ver 1.1.6 rev 11243

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta: 10-17-2011 ver 1.1.6 rev 11243

Postby Sloth » 25 Oct 2011, 08:01

Zirbert wrote:After I used a Gravespawn Sovereign to pull a Skeletal Vampire back onto the battlefield, this started happening repeatedly (2 or 4 times each time I passed priority by clicking OK). Each time, I could just close it and continue the game. The Skeletal Vampire had been on the battlefield earlier in the same game without causing any
Fixed! Thanks Zirbert.

atar wrote:
Sloth wrote:
atar wrote:I have spotted a strange bug where if you have played Joiner Adept and then somehow leaves play, some lands like Etherflame Palace , Graypelt Refuge and Savage Lands cannot be tapped for mana.
Fixed! Thanks atar.
The problem still persists even though i dld the latest snapshot version.
I tested again and it works in the developer version.

atar wrote:Plus 2 more bugs: Ascetism didn't make my creatures hexproof
In my version Hexproof will show up in the card text and the AI will not target my creatures, but you're not the first to report Hexproof-giving static effects not working. Can you be more specific: What ability targeted what creature?

atar wrote:plus when i own platinum angel, i can't win the game by the effect of test of endurance, near death experiance and battle of wits...
The logic was reversed here. Now fixed! Thanks atar.

Zirbert wrote:Creatures with Changeling get -1/-1 from the ability of Noxious Ghoul. They shouldn't, because they aren't non-zombies...
I can't reproduce this.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Hellfish » 25 Oct 2011, 09:33

Hexproof via Asceticism works fine here, I tested it easily by adding Flash to it, giving the AI a simple doom blade and playing a creature for it to blade. Flashed in Asceticism on top of Doom Blade and it fizzled just right.
So now you're
Screaming for the blood of the cookie monster
Evil puppet demon of obesity
Time to change the tune of his fearful ballad
C is for "Lettuce," that's good enough for me
Hellfish
Programmer

Postby SoulStorm » 25 Oct 2011, 09:37

Ok, here's a bug I've experienced about 20 times but I'm not exactly sure what is causing it, because it doesn't happen every time the conditions seem to be met. Most recently I was attacking with Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre and It That Betrays. Ulamog had a Batterskull and an Argentum Armor equipped. This bug causes the game to completely freeze requiring me to close the program using the task manager.

The bug always involves the combination of annihilator and Argentum Armor, but doesn't happen every time for some reason.

Thanks again! :D

Edit

I think the bug might be occuring when there isn't a target for the Argentum Armor once the annihilation effects have occurred. If I see any exceptions to this I'll post an update.
SoulStorm

Postby Zirbert » 25 Oct 2011, 20:20

Sloth wrote:
Zirbert wrote:Creatures with Changeling get -1/-1 from the ability of Noxious Ghoul. They shouldn't, because they aren't non-zombies...
I can't reproduce this.
I've tested some more - this problem only occurs with the token created by Crib Swap (at least that's all I've found so far). Nontoken creatures with Changeling don't have the same problem. So, the issue may be with Crib Swap itself. Its token gets -1/-1 from Noxious Ghoul, even when other creatures with Changeling cheerfully ignore it (and even trigger it, being the perfectly good zombies that they are, when entering the battlefield).
Zirbert

Postby Sloth » 25 Oct 2011, 20:36

Zirbert wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I can't reproduce this.
I've tested some more - this problem only occurs with the token created by Crib Swap (at least that's all I've found so far). Nontoken creatures with Changeling don't have the same problem. So, the issue may be with Crib Swap itself. Its token gets -1/-1 from Noxious Ghoul, even when other creatures with Changeling cheerfully ignore it (and even trigger it, being the perfectly good zombies that they are, when entering the battlefield).
Yes Crib Swap wasn't scripted correctly. Now fixed! Thank you for checking again Zirbert.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby SoulStorm » 25 Oct 2011, 20:57

Ok, Forge spit out a crash report this time before locking up. However, I didn't have Argentum Armor equipped this time so it may or may not be the same bug. This time Emrakul, the Aeons Torn was attacking. He was equipped with Batterskull, Sword of Kaldra, and Sword of Feast and Famine. His attack would have left some permanents on the board. He could have been blocked, but the game crashed in the declare attackers phase

| Open
CardFactory : getCard() invalid card name -

Version:
Forge version SVN, build ID Unknown

Java Version: 1.6.0_23 Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

Detailed error trace:
java.lang.RuntimeException: CardFactory : getCard() invalid card name -
at forge.card.cardFactory.AbstractCardFactory.getCard2(AbstractCardFactory.java:423)
at forge.card.cardFactory.AbstractCardFactory.getCard(AbstractCardFactory.java:369)
at forge.card.cardFactory.AbstractCardFactory.copyCard(AbstractCardFactory.java:168)
at forge.GameAction.changeZone(GameAction.java:103)
at forge.GameAction.moveTo(GameAction.java:193)
at forge.GameAction.moveToGraveyard(GameAction.java:318)
at forge.GameAction.sacrificeDestroy(GameAction.java:1019)
at forge.GameAction.sacrifice(GameAction.java:901)
at forge.ComputerUtil.sacrificePermanents(ComputerUtil.java:1251)
at forge.CombatUtil$16.resolve(CombatUtil.java:1629)
at forge.MagicStack.resolveStack(MagicStack.java:780)
at forge.Phase.passPriority(Phase.java:706)
at forge.ComputerAI_General.stackResponse(ComputerAI_General.java:473)
at forge.ComputerAI_General.stack_not_empty(ComputerAI_General.java:417)
at forge.gui.input.InputControl.updateInput(InputControl.java:200)
at forge.GuiInput.update(GuiInput.java:30)
at java.util.Observable.notifyObservers(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Observable.notifyObservers(Unknown Source)
at forge.MyObservable.updateObservers(MyObservable.java:17)
at forge.gui.input.InputControl.resetInput(InputControl.java:106)
at forge.Phase.passPriority(Phase.java:697)
at forge.gui.input.Input_PassPriority.selectButtonOK(Input_PassPriority.java:46)
at forge.GuiInput.selectButtonOK(GuiInput.java:57)
at forge.GuiDisplay4.okButtonActionPerformed(GuiDisplay4.java:1405)
at forge.GuiDisplay4.access$2500(GuiDisplay4.java:105)
at forge.GuiDisplay4$33.actionPerformed(GuiDisplay4.java:1142)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.substance.internal.utils.RolloverButtonListener.mouseReleased(RolloverButtonListener.java:124)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
SoulStorm

Postby Zirbert » 26 Oct 2011, 02:46

I'm honestly not 100% sure this is a bug, as opposed to a corner case in the rules, but -

I cast Charge Across the Araba and swept 4 Plains back into my hand, pumping my creatures - a Crystal Golem and a few 1/1 Soldier tokens - up by +4/+4. At the end of the turn, the Soldiers went back to being 1/1, but the Crystal Golem remained 7/7. It apparently phased out before the "until end of turn" effect wore off.

It phased back in as a 7/7, and phased in and out at that size for a few more turns before I cast another Charge Across the Araba for 2, at which point it became a 9/9, and remained 9/9 for the rest of the game.

Maybe that's correct - if it's no longer in play when the until-EOT effct wears off, then maybe it keeps the bonus indefinitely. A quick look around Gatherer and Google doesn't turn up any talk about this, though, which seems like it would be a pretty big (abuseable) deal if it was how the card was supposed to work. It also "feels" wrong, for what that's worth...
Zirbert

Postby friarsol » 26 Oct 2011, 02:51

Nah it's wrong. Although, it would make Phasing almost playable if you could abuse it that way.

702.23e Continuous effects that affect a phased-out permanent may expire while that permanent is phased out. If so, they will no longer affect that permanent once it’s phased in. In particular, effects with “for as long as” durations that track that permanent (see rule 611.2b) end when that permanent phases out because they can no longer see it.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby moomarc » 26 Oct 2011, 06:35

As far as I can tell though, you would have that happy effect occur with Sundial of the Infinite (unfortunately Forge doesn't support it yet) as long as you kept using its ability to skip your end step.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Hellfish » 26 Oct 2011, 07:20

I don't think so. As I understand it, using Sundial of the Infinite's ability is equivalent to "You skip every phase until this turns' end of turn step." and the continuous effects of the pump would wear off the same.
So now you're
Screaming for the blood of the cookie monster
Evil puppet demon of obesity
Time to change the tune of his fearful ballad
C is for "Lettuce," that's good enough for me
Hellfish
Programmer

Postby moomarc » 26 Oct 2011, 07:47

You're right. I didn't pay close enough attention to the 'until end of turn'. I only went as far as 'at the beginning of your end step' from the phasing ability. So the best you can do here is activate the dial before the golem phases out to keep him in play.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Typical Idiot » 26 Oct 2011, 17:25

I love the constant updates and new cards, so thanks to everyone involved.

Myr Battlesphere is a little wonky.

The card states that you can chose any number of untapped myr, and tap them -- the list box where you chose the number of myr, however, gives a range of all the myr you have, not just untapped ones.

This leads to an edge case where you chose a number greater than the amount of untapped myr you have, then when it asks you to tap that many myr, you can't. You have to hit cancel, all your myr are tapped, and you get nothing.

For example, if you cast Myr Battlesphere you end up with the sphere itself and 4 tokens. When you attack with the sphere you are allowed to chose a number up to 5. If you pick 5, you are prompted to tap 5 untapped myr, but you only have 4 tokens untapped (and your sphere is tapped from attacking). To escape, you have to hit cancel, whereupon all your tokens remain tapped and the effect fizzles.
Typical Idiot

Postby Zirbert » 31 Oct 2011, 02:37

When Marrow Chomper enters the battlefield, the Devour ability triggers, the sacrificed creatures die, and it gets +1/+1 counters as it should. However, its controller is also supposed to gain 2 life per devoured creature. The life gain isn't happening in version 1.1.6.
Zirbert

Postby jeffwadsworth » 31 Oct 2011, 14:07

Typical Idiot wrote:I love the constant updates and new cards, so thanks to everyone involved.

Myr Battlesphere is a little wonky.

The card states that you can chose any number of untapped myr, and tap them -- the list box where you chose the number of myr, however, gives a range of all the myr you have, not just untapped ones.

This leads to an edge case where you chose a number greater than the amount of untapped myr you have, then when it asks you to tap that many myr, you can't. You have to hit cancel, all your myr are tapped, and you get nothing.

For example, if you cast Myr Battlesphere you end up with the sphere itself and 4 tokens. When you attack with the sphere you are allowed to chose a number up to 5. If you pick 5, you are prompted to tap 5 untapped myr, but you only have 4 tokens untapped (and your sphere is tapped from attacking). To escape, you have to hit cancel, whereupon all your tokens remain tapped and the effect fizzles.
Fixed. Thanks.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby jeffwadsworth » 31 Oct 2011, 14:20

Zirbert wrote:When Marrow Chomper enters the battlefield, the Devour ability triggers, the sacrificed creatures die, and it gets +1/+1 counters as it should. However, its controller is also supposed to gain 2 life per devoured creature. The life gain isn't happening in version 1.1.6.
Fixed. Thanks.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Forge