It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:55

Text Size

Altered Art

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Altered Art

Postby jpb » 24 Sep 2008, 08:05

I recently broke out my paints and tried altering the card of one of my swamps. Below are the side by side comparisons of the original with the altered.

ImageImage

Obviously my phone doesn't take very good pictures, but if I used a nicer camera or scanned it I think it would be cool if MTG Forge allowed for alternative card images. Anyone else agree? Anyone else willing to collect some other altered art cards and make an alt-card-pictures.txt file. It wouldn't be hard to have MTG Forge allow you to specify if you want the original pictures or the alternative ones.
jpb

Re: Altered Art

Postby jpb » 24 Sep 2008, 08:06

Here is a much better altered art card which we would definitely use if someone is willing to gather enough of these to make it worth it.

jpb

Postby GandoTheBard » 24 Sep 2008, 12:09

I am willing for people to use my art for cards if it pleases them with the caveat that it isnt for sale to anyone. And I may make some more art specifically for magic cards than those I have done already. On the other hand I dont think it a wise course to alter art made by someone else that may be protected by IP laws. Better to use art in the public domain where it can not be claimed as an infringement, so that this site and those who use it are not named in any legal actions.

Well thats my 2.5cents.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 24 Sep 2008, 13:41

Last night I was kicking around some thoughts about if/how MTGForge could make use of multiple images of cards... like the basic lands. Sure the unhinged lands are cool and all, but a real deck will usually have an assortment of different printings of land. Same for staple cards, with many printings. I don't know why it would be terribly important, but the two ideas are somewhat related.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Return to Forge