It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 01:54

Text Size

MTG Forge - Minor Update

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

MTG Forge - Minor Update

Postby mtgrares » 16 Oct 2008, 17:50

I posted a minor update of MTG Forge. The Java source code is included. I tested the source code by unzipping it in an empty directory. I compiled and ran the program with no problems.

The source code requires Java 1.4 to compile. You can get Java 1.4 from here and you want to find the "J2SDK/J2RE - 1.4" on the left hand side and then press the go button. Then you want to download the J2SDK because it includes the compiler. For more info about compiling see "readme-compile.html"

Download MTG Forge

p.s.
This is a cross-post but since I'm the creator, programmer, and forum moderator, I'll let myself off this time, :) lol
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: MTG Forge - Minor Update

Postby GandoTheBard » 16 Oct 2008, 18:39

Could you at the very least tell us what changes you made with this update?
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby mtgrares » 17 Oct 2008, 16:37

All the changes are in the readme.html and are listed below. Most of these new items are the same as the beta.

What’s New

· New Cards: Naturalize, Disenchant, Demystify, Shatter, Castle, Convalescence, Black Vise, Alert Shu Infantry, Alaborn Grenadier, Archon of Justice, 10 original duel lands (Savannah, etc..), Storm Herd, Festival of Trokin (Yes it is a bunch of random cards.)

· You can now import and export decks using the deck editor. When you export a deck it is saved to a file and someone else can import that deck into MTG Forge and use it. (There are probably a few errors lurking, but it seems to work. This code actually worked the first time and anytime you write around 100 lines of code and it works perfectly, it is unusual to say the least.)

· Fixed: Shadow creatures being able to block non-shadow creatures.

· Fixed: Regenerated creatures now become tapped.

· Fixed: Sometimes you would draw more than 1 card.

· Fixed: River Merfolk, its activated ability cost 0 and the computer would go into an infinite loop.

· Fixed: Thunder Wall – it now has flying

· Fixed: Creatures with flash in the cards.txt file, like Briarhorn, Havenwood Wurm, King Cheetah, Raging Kavu, Tangle Spider, Sentinels of Glen Elendra

· Fixed: Soul Warden and Essence Warden. They had problems when you played multiple copies. (Thanks for the donated code.)

· Fixed: Control Magic and Sower of Temptation, they didn’t reset summoning sickness, so you could steal the creature and then attack with it.

· Fixed: Oblivion Ring and Oubliette, they now work correctly.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby DennisBergkamp » 17 Oct 2008, 18:18

Thanks Forge, this is cool. This is basically the previous Beta, but now the source works.

Now we can add all the added cards / features, and hopefully recompile + release it.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 17 Oct 2008, 19:20

In otherwords nothing new.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Return to Forge