It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:24

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby MrMystery314 » 12 Jun 2018, 02:56

In MoJhoSto, the AI will vote Wild for Selvala's Stampede, despite this being guaranteed to do nothing.
MrMystery314

Postby Magiwarriorx » 14 Jun 2018, 20:04

If the AI could be improved to use the Ravnica signets (e.g. Boros Signet), that would be great. They are currently flagged as unusable, which is a problem due to how common they are in Commander. If implemented, similar logic could be expanded to cover the Odyssey filter lands (e.g. Sungrass Prairie), which are also currently unplayable.
Magiwarriorx

Postby lordknightstradmore » 21 Jun 2018, 18:14

AI(Doris) was that angry at a dork that it gave it Dead Weight on T5 and Eviscerate on its next turn.

Is the Default AI somehow has some hidden agenda against Dorks?

Also I have noticed that AI when given a scenario that must discard a card(Loot Via Seeker of Insight or Miasmic Mummy), if not always, they tend to discard a high drop card(A bomb like Cloudreader Sphinx) even if AI has one land less in the field to play it next turn.

I feel like this move is wrong because why would you discard your Bomb? The one who if left to go off will win you the game?

Or it is I who is wrong about this mindset, care to shed some light to this inexperienced student..
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-06-13-03-22-32-20.png
Screenshot_2018-06-20-18-45-35-84.png
"A failure is simply another opportunity for
improvement. Just wait until you see what I
come up with next
."
-Nimble Innovator
lordknightstradmore

Postby RanDomino » 22 Jun 2018, 04:35

I'd like for the AI to not be able to target either opponents' graveyard or its own battlefield with Angel of Serenity's etb.
RanDomino

Postby Devilman06 » 22 Jun 2018, 04:41

Sylvan Library... Ive had opponents drop there life total really low using this and always pay the 4 life. they effectively kill themselves with it
Devilman06

Postby lordknightstradmore » 22 Jun 2018, 09:36

AI wont cast enchantment auras that give X keyword if the creature already has X keyword.

AI will not cast Cartouche of Strength on Stampeding Rhino.

AI will not cast Cartouche of Knowledge on Palace Familiar.

I know the Cartouches gives redundant keywords on their targets but a +1/+1 boost and the fight/draw is really the main goal you have it on your deck.
come up with next
."
-Nimble Innovator
lordknightstradmore

Postby ShivaFang » 22 Jun 2018, 22:38

lordknightstradmore wrote:AI will not cast Cartouche of Knowledge on Palace Familiar.
I don't know anything about the code of the AI - but I watch plenty of AI vs AI simulations so I can speak to it's observed behaviour;

I've seen the AI cast On Serra's Wings on creatures with flying - so it's not diametrically opposed to redundant keywords when there is a benefit. Maybe it doesn't think the +1/+1 is enough to cast it. I don't think it knows how to properly evaluate ETB effects like a fight/draw so those are incidental benefits the AI doesn't know about. For example - the AI loves to stick Curator's Ward on basic lands if nothing else relevant is in play. It doesn't 'think ahead' like that.
ShivaFang

Postby lordknightstradmore » 30 Jun 2018, 17:23

In one game the AI casts Syncopate*, it tapped all of its lands (in my case 7 Islands) when I only had 2 untapped Mountains.

*As a Response to a spell I casted first.

Another game, AI has Seeker of Insight x2 in play and its my turn. I cast a spell and AI quickly responds with a Cancel. After the spell resolves, AI immediately taps both Seekers for Looting, resulting to the AI having no blockers when I enter Combat Phase.

When AI casts Qarsi Sadist, it will always use Exploit even if Qarsi is alone in the field, thus targeting itself for Exploit even @ T2. I think a 1/3 on T2 is better than drain 2 life from your opponent in most matchups.

AI casts Cartouche of Strength on its Terrain Elemental then proceed to fight my bear(Walking Corpse) which will kill mine and left the Elemental @ 1toughness, which then proceeds to attack with it even if I have another bear on my board.
come up with next
."
-Nimble Innovator
lordknightstradmore

Postby lordknightstradmore » 08 Jul 2018, 08:12

AI casts Cartouche of Strength on Terrain Elemental then choses to fight a Hand of Silumgar.

AI will not cast Sea Legs and Boon of Emrakul on opponent's creatures for its negative effects.
come up with next
."
-Nimble Innovator
lordknightstradmore

Postby Fregnor » 14 Aug 2018, 00:18

I am seeing the AI waste several Core 2019 cards by using them at bad times:

Doublecast : It will play this card, and then not cast another spell to get the bonus of getting the effect of a spell twice.

Goblin Motivator : It will tap this card and use its effect on a freshly-summoned creature to give it haste, but then not attack with that creature. So now Goblin Motivator is tapped for no good reason and can't block an attack.

Declare Dominance : Now and then, it will play this card, presumably so that you will have to block one tough creature with all of your creatures, and probably have a bunch of them die, or else lose a bunch of life points when all the other attacking creatures are not blocked. But then the AI doesn't even have any creatures attack. This is a less common issue than the other two. The AI usually uses this card well.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 15 Aug 2018, 04:40

Meteor Golem often chooses the wrong enemy to destroy. One of its favorite targets is another Meteor Golem (3/3) even if there is a big scary 7/7 brute on the field, planeswalker, flyer, or something with deathtouch or another powerful effect. I have theorized that maybe it looks at converted mana cost as the main factor in targeting. Like it kills the most expensive card rather than the most dangerous one.

Planeswalker Mu Yanling seems to never use her +2 effect. A planeswalker should use an effect every single turn, usually a plus effect, rather than a minus effect. It is the only real way to get loyalty counters to spend. I theorize that the AI sees that the +2 effect is often useless. It is only useful if it attacks. But the AI does not realize that it is okay to use the effect and not attack, because earning loyalty counters can be just as useful as having unblockable attacks.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 14 Sep 2018, 03:18

The AI cannot use Tezzeret's Gatebreaker effectively. When it has like 10 creatures on the field and the total attack power of these creatures exceeds the opponent's life total, it should sacrifice Tezzeret's Gatebreaker, attack with everything, and thereby win the game.
Fregnor

Postby MrMystery314 » 16 Sep 2018, 15:17

In Quest mode against the Apu Nahasapeemapetilon deck, once the AI assembles the Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit infinite persist combo, it will repeatedly sacrifice Aerie Ouphes to target the same flying creature I control infinitely, always holding priority and letting the stack slowly grow bigger. This is definitely not optimal play.
MrMystery314

Postby mrShickadance » 30 Sep 2018, 14:20

When I'm playing Vexing Devil, AI doesn't check for if it's still on the battlefield when deciding to pay life.

So what usually happens is I play Vexing Devil and enter battlefield ability triggers, opponent uses removal spell on it while ability is still on the stack, that spell resolves and Vexing Devil is now in graveyard/exile and AI will still pay 4 life every time(if it doesn't bring their life total below 4).
mrShickadance

Postby Fregnor » 30 Sep 2018, 19:25

The AI wastes Citywide Bust by casting it when there is no creature it can destroy.
Fregnor

PreviousNext

Return to Forge