It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:06

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby Sloth » 23 May 2012, 12:24

Zirbert wrote:The AI activates Scroll of Origins every turn, whether or not it has seven or more cards in hand. It works correctly and doesn't get the AI another card if it's below 7, but it's pointless.
Scroll of Origins will no longer appear in AI decks.

Milod wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Milod wrote:Riders of Gavony always chooses Sliver if the it cant determine wats in gy or in play can u make this at least rondom? so it could have chance to gues even right type of creature a gamble ;]
Did you use the latest snapshot build? The AI should also check the creatures in your deck now.
using snapshot 17 or 18 mei but what do u mean it checks cards in my deck so it automaticly know wat iam running? i mean its only possible to knows wat cards i play until some hit the gy or or field or some other methods that alowed ai to see my hand
I think it's not unfair that the AI roughly "knows" the human deck list for these purposes. In most cases the human has good information about the AI deck lists too.

Zirbert wrote:The AI repeatedly activates Ixidor, Reality Sculptor even with no face-down creatures in play, thereby accomplishing nothing except burning up mana.
Fixed! Thanks Zirbert.

7Durandal7 wrote:The AI is using the effect of Aura Shards to target an indestructible artifact.
Fixed! Thanks 7Durandal7.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby muppet » 23 May 2012, 13:40

Smokestack. AI targeted its own Oblivion Ring that had exiled my Emrakul.

I assumed the ai looks at the game state after its effect resolves and compares them to see which is best so not sure how it decided on this action?

I am giving forge another try and glad to see you are working on the ai. I previously gave up forge for deckbot which I found was much better but there is not much work going on it at the moment
muppet
Tester

Postby friarsol » 23 May 2012, 14:08

muppet wrote:I assumed the ai looks at the game state after its effect resolves and compares them to see which is best so not sure how it decided on this action?
We claim no such thing at this time, some other programs with much less features and cards than Forge implement this behavior if your main priority is optimized AI play.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Zirbert » 23 May 2012, 18:45

The AI never seems to choose to have Angel's Tomb become a creature.

Card text, because the apostrophe kills mouseover: "Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may have Angel's Tomb become a 3/3 white Angel artifact creature with flying until end of turn."
Zirbert

Postby njpmtg1000 » 24 May 2012, 00:39

I've noticed a few times that the AI will play Enchant Creatures, or Enchantment- Auras the same as you would an Equipment, not targeting a creature at the time of play, but at a different time during another turn on a recently played creature..
njpmtg1000

Postby jmartus » 24 May 2012, 04:40

I noticed the ai will not play the card Living Destiny
jmartus

Postby Sloth » 24 May 2012, 05:36

Zirbert wrote:The AI never seems to choose to have Angel's Tomb become a creature.

Card text, because the apostrophe kills mouseover: "Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may have Angel's Tomb become a 3/3 white Angel artifact creature with flying until end of turn."
This is already fixed (Glint Hawk Idol had the same problem).

njpmtg1000 wrote:I've noticed a few times that the AI will play Enchant Creatures, or Enchantment- Auras the same as you would an Equipment, not targeting a creature at the time of play, but at a different time during another turn on a recently played creature..
I've never heard or seen something like this. Can you give a specific example with more details.

jmartus wrote:I noticed the ai will not play the card Living Destiny
Living Destiny is marked as not playable by the AI.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Zirbert » 26 May 2012, 00:51

The AI activates Safeguard on my turn, when the worst my creatures could do is block. It does this even if it has no creatures with which to attack. Then, when my turn rolls around, I can attack and the AI has no mana left to use Safeguard to protect itself.
Zirbert

Postby Milod » 26 May 2012, 10:23

example ai got these lands untapped 1 swamp 2 plains 2 cavern of souls it tapped 1 swamp 2 plains to cast silverblade paladin my poiny is ai doesent make often use of cavern of souls while it could
Milod

Postby edessa » 26 May 2012, 22:01

There seems to be a problem with Luke skywalker deck, the AI uses the rebels abilities to take Cho-Manno, Revolutionary even if another copy is already on the field, resulting in both been sent to the graveyard because of the legend rule.
edessa

Postby MystREmo » 27 May 2012, 15:47

Is there any way to make it so that cards with Graft don't trigger if they don't have a +1/+1 counter on it?
Green Elves for Life. Nuff said.
MystREmo

Postby friarsol » 27 May 2012, 17:35

MystREmo wrote:Is there any way to make it so that cards with Graft don't trigger if they don't have a +1/+1 counter on it?
According to the rules, that's what the way it should work: “Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, if this permanent has a +1/+1 counter on it, you may move a +1/+1 counter from this permanent onto that creature.”
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Niv-Mizzet » 01 Jun 2012, 01:25

This is a repost of a suggestion I made a bit before this thread existed. If you play matches with "fetchlands" and any kind of targeted land destruction this would be a major improvement.

If somebody hardcoded Forge's AI to not target fetchlands (Flooded Strand, Arid Mesa, etc.) with land destroying spells like Stone Rain or other lands like Wasteland, Tectonic Edge, etc., it would make the AI a lot smarter, especially in Legacy games.

It occurs to me that a fairly easy way to do this would be to give each of these cards a tag that means "If this card is untapped, don't target it." That way it covers both spells like Stone Rain and lands like Wasteland, and it would still allow the computer the ability to destroy a card like Flood Plain before it's usable.
Niv-Mizzet

Postby friarsol » 01 Jun 2012, 01:57

Niv-Mizzet wrote:It occurs to me that a fairly easy way to do this would be to give each of these cards a tag that means "If this card is untapped, don't target it." That way it covers both spells like Stone Rain and lands like Wasteland, and it would still allow the computer the ability to destroy a card like Flood Plain before it's usable.
This is a good idea, Stone Rain and Wasteland both use the same logic to begin with. We could probably just check if the targeted land has a Sacrifice ability, if the Human is able to afford it and skip that as a potential target if so.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Bundy » 01 Jun 2012, 20:08

Computer sacrifices Golden Urn as soon as there is a counter on it. I also noticed a couple of times the computers sacs Bottle Gnomes just for the 3 life while it could have been used as attacker or defender.
Maybe cards that can be sacrificed for life can get a check to prevent them from being sacrificed too soon. Only sacrifice when assigned damage to the computer would bring it lower than 5 life? Or if the card would get destroyed (disenchant or used as blocker), sacrifice it just before that happens.
Bundy

PreviousNext

Return to Forge