It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:01

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby Zirbert » 09 Jul 2012, 00:26

The AI consistently uses the ETB ability of Aegis Angel to make one of my permanents indestructible, not one of its own.
Zirbert

Postby Zirbert » 09 Jul 2012, 00:30

The AI uses the first ability of Callous Deceiver repeatedly each turn, to look at the top card of its library over and over.

Far less importantly, the stack description of the second ability reads, "look at the top card" instead of "reveal the top card". The card is still revealed correctly.
Zirbert

Postby cc-drake » 09 Jul 2012, 17:55

AI doesn't cast Blessings of Nature
cc-drake

Postby Sloth » 10 Jul 2012, 11:44

Bundy wrote:Computer casts Gift of Estates while the computer has more lands than i have.
Fixed! Thanks Bundy.

cc-drake wrote:AI doesn't activate Torture
Fixed! Thanks cc-drake.

Zirbert wrote:The AI will activate its Rage Nimbus targetting my creatures during its own turn, usually during its upkeep. That's not only useless, but it ties up the AI's mana so that it has none left to use the Nimbus properly when my turn comes around.
Zirbert wrote:The AI consistently uses the ETB ability of Aegis Angel to make one of my permanents indestructible, not one of its own.
Both fixed! Thanks Zirbert.

Zirbert wrote:The AI uses the first ability of Callous Deceiver repeatedly each turn, to look at the top card of its library over and over.
The Deceivers will no longer appear in AI decks.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Sloth » 12 Jul 2012, 20:57

cc-drake wrote:- AI should attack with Erg Raiders when he is on 1 or 2 life
cc-drake wrote:AI doesn't cast Blessings of Nature
Both fixed! Thanks cc-drake.

mcrawford620 wrote:AI will cast Hideous Visage on creatures that are already unblockable like Tormented Soul.
Fixed (at least in most cases)! Thanks mcrawford620.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Milod » 16 Jul 2012, 09:54

ai does not see the ability of elderscale wurm and blindlessly attacks with all its creatures
Milod

Postby cc-drake » 16 Jul 2012, 17:30

AI shouldn't chumpattack with Plague Fiend when I have {2} available.
cc-drake

Postby gos » 16 Jul 2012, 21:33

AI fails to activate Safeguard.
gos

Postby Sloth » 17 Jul 2012, 11:01

Milod wrote:ai does not see the ability of elderscale wurm and blindlessly attacks with all its creatures
Fixed! Thanks Milod.

gos wrote:AI fails to activate Safeguard.
Fixed! Thanks gos. (The AI is still not stellar in this case)
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Diogenes » 18 Jul 2012, 00:37

Hey guys, I've noticed a few things and I'm not sure if they're resolved (AI doesn't use these cards in random decks) or if they're part of general AI behavior rather than these cards specifically.

Seal of Strength: the AI won't sacrifice it to save its only blocker (who would beat my attacker handily with +3/+3.) The blocker did have regeneration, so it might take that into account, but it didn't have the untapped mana to actually regenerate its creature.

Mind Control: AI shuts down a big creature with Paralyzing Grasp after it attacks, then next turn chooses it as the target of Mind Control even though there are better unenchanted targets on the board.

Tooth of Chiss Goria: AI doesn't tap this to buff its unblocked attacker (although I did appreciate how the AI played this and Scale of Chiss Goria during my End Combat step, after it determined I wasn't popping any surprise attackers. Nifty.)

Bone Knitter: The AI played this face-down for 3, then morphed next turn for 1B. While it is beefier as a facedown 2/2, it didn't actually use it as a blocker, basically giving up a turn. I don't know if it handles other morph creatures this way.
Diogenes

Postby Milod » 18 Jul 2012, 10:59

while i had only 5 white angels into play and 5 life left and while its a turn with alot of exalted creatures( enough to go over 5 damage) inlcuding two knights of infamy( protection from white) it stil attacked with a white creature it had and i blocked it and killed the ai on my next turn because it only had ground creatures :?

can u make knight of infamy realize that it has protection from white and to attack with it if possible if there only white creatures on my side ;]

thanks alot
Milod

Postby Sloth » 18 Jul 2012, 11:43

Diogenes wrote:Seal of Strength: the AI won't sacrifice it to save its only blocker (who would beat my attacker handily with +3/+3.) The blocker did have regeneration, so it might take that into account, but it didn't have the untapped mana to actually regenerate its creature.

Tooth of Chiss Goria: AI doesn't tap this to buff its unblocked attacker (although I did appreciate how the AI played this and Scale of Chiss Goria during my End Combat step, after it determined I wasn't popping any surprise attackers. Nifty.)
These have been fixed already. (The AI wasn't able to use targeted pump in this beta).

Diogenes wrote:Mind Control: AI shuts down a big creature with Paralyzing Grasp after it attacks, then next turn chooses it as the target of Mind Control even though there are better unenchanted targets on the board.
Fixed! Thanks Diogenes.

Milod wrote:while i had only 5 white angels into play and 5 life left and while its a turn with alot of exalted creatures( enough to go over 5 damage) inlcuding two knights of infamy( protection from white) it stil attacked with a white creature it had and i blocked it and killed the ai on my next turn because it only had ground creatures :?

can u make knight of infamy realize that it has protection from white and to attack with it if possible if there only white creatures on my side ;]
Fixed! Thanks Milod.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Diogenes » 18 Jul 2012, 15:07

Damn, Sloth, you're fast on these fixes. Is your name meant to be ironic? :)

Here's another one: the AI just enchanted a Misty Rainforest with Leafdrake Roost, and then as soon as the attachment resolved (same phase) sacrificed the Misty Rainforest. The choice of land for the Roost wasn't bad, actually, since it didn't need any mana fixing.
Diogenes

Postby Milod » 18 Jul 2012, 15:20

duty-bound death most of time doesent attack even if i dont got any monsters in play or only got a planeswalker in play it could attack for 1 because it has exalted plus ai has exalted lands in play for more attack bonus
Milod

Postby Milod » 18 Jul 2012, 20:42

ai needs to manage loyality counters on sorin the lord of innistrad more because ai spends almost always its loyality counters for the emblems and generates vampires far less times and almost never or rarely uses its ultimate
Milod

PreviousNext

Return to Forge