It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:26

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby austinio7116 » 04 Jun 2017, 15:27

AI seems to struggle to play Viridian corrupter in certain scenarios. The AI was playing infect and had Viridian corrupter as the only creature in hand, but didn't play it despite having mana and it being the only castable card. I didn't have any artifacts in play for it to destroy so presumably it was waiting to maximise the value. Once it got a smaller creature to cast next turn it then discarded the corrupter to hand size.
austinio7116

Postby TheLetterH » 05 Jun 2017, 13:47

Has anyone else noticed that the AI really loves to cast Hangerback Walker for zero pretty much all the time? It's really strange, I have been practicing versus a Vintage deck and for example, turn one the AI plays a Mishra's Workshop and a Black Lotus, then casts two Hangerback Walkers for zero...
TheLetterH

Postby lazylockie » 05 Jun 2017, 18:14

AI needs a small adjustment on Koth of the Hammer +1 ability. Currently it's targeting exactly the land that entered the battlefield this turn, which gives the animated land summoning sickness. Perhaps give a check if the animated land would have summoning sickness before animating it?
lazylockie

Postby Djebb » 06 Jun 2017, 17:30

In a commander game :
AI has a blue land a green land and has Exotic Orchard. Its commander is Leovold
I have Murmuring Bosk and Darkwater Catacombs that may add black mana
AI doesn't cast Leovold. I think it doesn't actualy know its Orchard may add black mana
Djebb

Postby Seravy » 06 Jun 2017, 20:48

AI played Inviolability on Cho-Manno, Revolutionary.
It also used Cho-Manno, Revolutionary and Deepwood Ghoul to block my attacking 6/6 creature, then paid life to regenerate, when it could have blocked with just Cho-Manno.

...then it blocked a trampling creature with Deepwood Ghoul and regenerated, taking 1 more damage than if the creature was left unblocked.
Seravy

Postby Djebb » 06 Jun 2017, 21:39

AI killed itself with Raiders' Spoils
Djebb

Postby Seravy » 09 Jun 2017, 11:08

AI didn't activate Nevinyrral's Disk when I was attacking with a 8/9 creature and it had 5 life. It also didn't sacrifice Caribou tokens to gain life even though it had about 10 of those.

...AI used Animate Dead on my Force of Nature at 6 life and no green mana.

...and used Stone Rain when I had Force Of Nature out and exactly 4 green mana, btw including one coming from a Wild Growth on a Forest.

..the AI is not tapping lands to be able to block Hazy Homunculus, even when mana burn is off and they have nothing to play later and can afford to do so.

..AI used Stern Judge to attack when I had 6 swamps in play and it had none, wasting 4 damage. To make it even worse, I had No Mercy in play which doesn't trigger on the ability being used, but does trigger on attacking.

...seeing how dumb the AI is, I wonder if that "traversable game state" feature in one of the development threads is done yet - without it I doubt any semi-decent AI is possible. MtG has too many cards to hardcode all of the AI about every card and all their possible interactions, so it needs to somehow work without that. (and that seems to be also necessary to any semi-decent support for undoing moves and game loops - if there is one thing I'd love to see is better Undo support. It's far too easy to click away a phase or optional ability when you didn't mean to do it.)
Seravy

Postby Djebb » 11 Jun 2017, 18:31

AI played Urborg Justice even though no creature died
Djebb

Postby Seravy » 12 Jun 2017, 10:52

The AI activated Nevinyrral's Disk but didn't regenerate Wall of Bone (it had untapped mana)
The AI uses Brothers of Fire to deal damage to me when it has significantly less life (me 18 him 4 for example).
Seravy

Postby Alterus » 14 Jun 2017, 20:24

AI just killed himself when I played Combustible Gearhulk.
Alterus

Postby Indigo Dragon » 23 Jun 2017, 14:00

For Combustible Gearhulk, the AI will always let Gearhulk deal damage to itself, even at low life.

My Bug: AI casts Gigantoplasm, copying a creature that can become a noncreature permanent (eg, Vehicles. ie, Erebos, God of the Dead). The AI will then repeatedly activate Gigantoplasms ability for 0/0, trying to set a power and toughness for a permanent that cannot have power and toughness. It will continue to do this as long as it has priority, preventing the game from continuing.
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

Postby Pedroffs » 27 Jun 2017, 11:09

Hi all,
Driven // despair is not working.
At least when I use both cards in the same turn. Might be some priority issue.

Attached is the log.
Attachments
Driven_despair.txt
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Pedroffs

Postby Midori » 29 Jun 2017, 12:50

AI was at 1 life, had one card in hand, controlled no creatures but had plenty of untapped lands.
I cast Duress and the AI reveals Overrule to discard.

It would have been far more profitable for the AI to counter my discard spell. Even if i could pay the additional {X}, the AI would still have gained X life to survive a few more turns.
Midori

Postby Seravy » 29 Jun 2017, 23:10

AI used Trailblazer twice tageting two elves, but tapped both for mana to do so, and they couldn't attack.
Seravy

Postby Alterus » 30 Jun 2017, 00:00

Indigo Dragon wrote:For Combustible Gearhulk, the AI will always let Gearhulk deal damage to itself, even at low life.
Not always, I've seen it allow me to draw the cards. But yeah, the AI's definitely letting it deal damage more often than it's viable.
Alterus

PreviousNext

Return to Forge