It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:04

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby friarsol » 12 Sep 2016, 12:31

tojammot wrote:AI should use Greater Good on creatures that are about to be sacrificed (i.e. Ball Lightning) if available.
I believe that card is marked for the AI not even to play it?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby lujo » 14 Sep 2016, 20:53

Rootwater Thief seems to be choosing to exile basic lands. Picking a random rare, then uncommon, then common or using draft pick order or anythnig at all to determine what it takes out would probably be a good idea.

Seize the Day is seemingly being used before combat with a single creature out, wasting its effect.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby tasteful » 28 Sep 2016, 08:04

AI is weirdly reticent about attacking into Crawlspace if it has three or more creatures that would otherwise be able to attack.
tasteful

Postby lujo » 30 Sep 2016, 20:51

Spore Cloud AI needs adjustment - if the AI is going to cast it, it shouldn't block before it does, as this harms it badly.
---

lujo

Postby lujo » 07 Oct 2016, 17:58

Ebon Praetor is a curve-topping Lord of the Pit variant for black in Fallen Empires. In order for many black archetypes with the set to work, the AI has to stop letting it acquire -2/-2 counters by default.

What is happening now is that the Praetor gets it's standard counter and then the AI just lets the phase end, while what's supposed to happen is that the Praetor Gets a counter and then the AI should remove it by sacrificing anything as the Praetor has both first strike and trample and is exceptionally large compared to the rest of the set so keeping it large and just attacking with it is the way to go in most cases.
---

lujo

Postby akuma508 » 10 Oct 2016, 10:21

The AI will cast a creature (and I guess Plainswalker) when I have 'Dragonlord Kolaghan' in play that will result in it losing the game.
akuma508

Postby Hanmac » 11 Oct 2016, 10:55

@akuma508: currently there is no check for the ability of "Dragonlord Kolaghan" or similar ones. Might be complicated to implement this.

@all:
Currently there is no check for MorphUp or Unmanifest. There might be cases where AI should not turn something up. Like with a creature with NetToughness of zero.
Also for Manifest might be interesting if AI can see the top of Library. Some cards should not be manifested if able.
Hanmac

Postby noratora » 17 Oct 2016, 12:38

Nissa, Worldwaker always uses her +1 Untap ability even when there's no benefit to using it. She'll do nothing rather than +1 to create a Land Creature.
noratora

Postby Hanmac » 17 Oct 2016, 13:42

noratora wrote:Nissa, Worldwaker always uses her +1 Untap ability even when there's no benefit to using it. She'll do nothing rather than +1 to create a Land Creature.
that seems to be a general bug in AnimateAI.

Code: Select all
    private boolean animateTgtAI(final SpellAbility sa) {
        // This is reasonable for now. Kamahl, Fist of Krosa and a sorcery or
        // two are the only things
        // that animate a target. Those can just use SVar:RemAIDeck:True until
        // this can do a reasonably
        // good job of picking a good target
        return false;
    }
means: all Animate abilities that use Targets are disabled for AI.

i will try to add some logic into it if able.
at first for Animate something (nonCreature) into Creatures.

other animate like turning something White or Colorless or something else need to wait.

===

i add some logic into AnimateAi, that should make it better for such effects.
it might not work for all stuff yet, but its a bit better than before.

@more logic: AI does not have more logic for the Forest-Untap ability.
AI might use it, to tap the Forest, untap them and tap them again.
for example: 5 forests: 5+4 = 9 Mana
currently, AI does not use it like that.
Hanmac

Postby frlncsclst » 19 Oct 2016, 13:41

With the release of Kaladesh, I've noticed that the AI likes loves is infatuated with targeting Wispweaver Angel with a second Wispweaver Angel and then proceeding to loop indefinitely (or at least to 140+, which is as far as I let it go before conceding) if it has any triggered abilities that can take advantage of it (such as Ninth Bridge Patrol). I'm sure this is an issue with many other interactions of this nature, but this is the first time I have encountered this behavior.

I'm on Snapshot 32366, at the moment.
frlncsclst

Postby Xyx » 21 Oct 2016, 14:05

Beginning of Combat I cast Kozilek's Return. AI responds by animating its Needle Spires.
Xyx
Tester

Postby xbon » 25 Oct 2016, 06:05

Opponent used Brave the Elements first turn of the duel without any creatures on board, waste of card and didn't play any cards further (not that I could reply with anything since, again, first turn of duel, maybe wait til they have on board creatures and opponent can respond<had 0 mana>?)
xbon

Postby friarsol » 25 Oct 2016, 12:34

xbon wrote:Opponent used Brave the Elements first turn of the duel without any creatures on board, waste of card and didn't play any cards further (not that I could reply with anything since, again, first turn of duel, maybe wait til they have on board creatures and opponent can respond<had 0 mana>?)
This card is marked not to be played by the AI, please read the reporting link in my signature.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby xbon » 25 Oct 2016, 14:24

friarsol wrote:
xbon wrote:Opponent used Brave the Elements first turn of the duel without any creatures on board, waste of card and didn't play any cards further (not that I could reply with anything since, again, first turn of duel, maybe wait til they have on board creatures and opponent can respond<had 0 mana>?)
This card is marked not to be played by the AI, please read the reporting link in my signature.
did not notice that.
in other news, opponent used Rust Scarab to destroy Sarcomancy which is only detrimental to me if the condition is met.
xbon

Postby Seravy » 26 Oct 2016, 22:11

More important observation : The AI just played a creature with Flash during my Main Phase 1. Benalish Knight in particular although which care it is doesn't really matter as long as it's a creature with Flash. These instant creatures should be played during the combat phase, after attackers were declared.

Less important one : AI had a creature which said "gains flying whenever controller gains life" (don't remember card name unfortunately). AI attacked first, played a spell which triggered "gain 1 life when a spell is played" and was an artifact with "tap : gain 1 life", so it missed the chance to make the creature fly before attacking from two sources at the same time. I haven't had a chance to see if it was at least able to tap the artifact in main 1 next turn or not as I killed the creature in my turn.

edit : now it played a flash creature during its own end of turn phase in reaction to my mountaincycling activation. and after that two turns later it used two of them correctly. I assume it only messes it up when it can react to one of my spells.

Another problem : when the AI blocks with a creature that produces mana when tapped, it taps it and gets mana burned for no reason at all.
Seravy

PreviousNext

Return to Forge