It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:40

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby kenway » 28 Apr 2019, 18:27

If you cast Treacherous Link and Pariah on an AI's creature, the AI will still happily attack you until the AI dies.
kenway

Postby OneMoreNameless » 01 May 2019, 13:41

Illusory Wrappings might be confusing the AI? I had a Fervent Paincaster failing to kill my 0/2 Zealot of the God-Pharaoh with its 1 damage ability. It did this three or four times until I fell low on life (for other reasons) and it finally switched to pinging me.

The AI treats Saving Grace as an offensive buff and will largely waste its effects by casting it during their combat phase when attacking unopposed.

The AI doesn't understand Glyph Keeper's passive ability and will routinely waste single Unsummon et al spells on it.

The AI will cast Pull from Tomorrow with x=0. It did this with its leftover mana after my combat phase. Technically it gained 1 life from the cast due to a creature it had on the field, but it was already sitting on 20 life and also caused itself to discard its literal win card (Approach of the Second Sun) so not really a net gain.
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless » 10 May 2019, 14:55

The AI treats Fog Bank as an overly scary combat threat, and won't declare any non-immediate-game-winning attacks even while they have half a dozen usable creatures to your single harmless wall.

The AI will block and kill Abyssal Persecutor for you while they're on negative life thus instantly losing themselves the game.

Aethertorch Renegade often wastes time and counters pinging creatures that it can't kill even when the AI has enough energy to activate its more powerful ability.

The AI apparently can't sacrifice Implement of Ferocity, ever. I've seen it with creatures on the field, spare untapped lands and no cards in hand but still leave it untouched.

Although the AI will sacrifice Gonti's Machinations as the killing blow to its opponent, it won't sacrifice it to literally save its own life when under attack.

The AI will happily cast 3+ vehicles before summoning any creatures to pilot them should its creatures in hand have a lower CMC than the redundant vehicles.
OneMoreNameless

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 10 May 2019, 22:38

Something that works like AILogic$ BestOpportunity should be added to the cards with proliferate because, for example, when Karn's Bastion in on the field, the AI will activate its ability before doing everything else. And when there's two Karn's Bastion... :lol:
AStrangerIsHere

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 11 May 2019, 13:28

When the AI is on the brink of losing because it doesn't have much life left, it should be attacking with a creature if that creature has lifelink, especially if the said creature is much bigger than what the opponent has on the field.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby OneMoreNameless » 15 May 2019, 15:57

The AI will waste mana by playing a creature morphed and then immediately unmorphing it for a total higher cost and no advantage. I saw them do this with Grinning Demon but I did have a Mana Flare on the field at the time so they might have actually been underestimating their possible mana pool before tapping their lands?

The AI still bothers to block creatures affected by Maze of Ith, even when there are weaker unaffected attackers that they could be blocking and killing instead.

The AI will choose to cast a rebounded Distortion Strike even when they have no creatures left on the field, resulting them in them buffing their opponent's creatures.

When an opponent's creature will die just from being targeted then the AI should not be dumping more than a single point of damage into it when using variable or split damage spells. Eg. they'll target only a Skulking Knight with an x=2 Conflagrate rather than pinging both it and the player directly for 1 each.

The AI apparently doesn't take Lumithread Field into account with direct damage spells. When I had it in play vs a red deck, I noticed the AI casting several different spells that stopped exactly one point of damage short of my creatures' current toughness.

The AI doesn't take advantage of Beamsplitter Mage's passive ability and will buff their other creatures alone instead of freely bouncing Run Amok and whatnot off the mage first.

The AI will cast Mnemonic Betrayal when all graveyards are empty. And when they have no further mana to take advantage of it anyway. Yeah.

Sacrificial Speedround: The AI will sacrifice an unblocked Twigwalker when it is their only attacking creature. When given a choice of sacrifice between an untapped Rat Colony wearing a Helm of the Host and one tapped without, they'll randomly pick the former. Sometimes on low life they'll just immediately die from Unnatural Hunger rather than sacrifice an available creature.

Jinxed Idol. I do realise it's already marked as AI-unplayable, but the nature of the card means that even innocently including it in your own deck results in the AI suiciding literally anything the instant they regain priority regardless of their current life, relative power of creatures etc. Even the most basic of calculations here would help.
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless » 17 May 2019, 09:15

Chance for Glory should be flagged as AI-unplayable so that it doesn't appear in random standard AI decks. As with similar loss-condition cards, the AI is more likely to suicide than not since it can't plan ahead.

The AI could really use some extra prompting to play the second half of Flower // Flourish when it has the option. I saw the AI cast it for a land draw when it already had 9 lands, no other cards in hand, and 12 creatures in play (to my 6).
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless » 18 May 2019, 01:53

Add Ebon Drake to the pile of cards that the AI will directly suicide with, in this case by continuing to cast spells with it on the field and their life already at 1.
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless » 18 May 2019, 06:18

The AI will proliferate poison counters on themselves with Contagion Clasp, until they die.
OneMoreNameless

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 30 May 2019, 16:50

The AI shouldn't waste its mana to level up a creature immobilized by, for an example, a Pacifism.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby vondes » 02 Jun 2019, 10:25

AI can target the player twice using Arc Trail. I believe Arc Trail is working perfectly for player, can you put the same restriction for the AI?
vondes

Postby Djebb » 16 Jun 2019, 10:57

Hi.

AI never pays the kicker cost of Kangee, Aerie Keeper.
AI chose Sliver while casting Vanquisher's Banner, even though it's playing a Kangee (bird tribal) edh deck. I assume it doesn't check the creature types in hand or in library (it didn't control any bird when it played Banner)
Djebb

Postby kenlbro2001 » 21 Jun 2019, 02:53

INFINITE LOOP WITH AI:

AI plays omniscience enchantment (so no mana necessary to cast spells).

AI has no creatures, but plays Storm Sculptor, which requires returning a creature back into the hand.

So the AI, plays Storm Sculptor, it is the only creature it has in play, it gets placed back into its hand automatically. Since it never runs out of land, it keeps trying to play this creature and having it returned back into its hand forever.
kenlbro2001

Postby MrMystery314 » 19 Jul 2019, 17:08

The AI does not consider my Mother of Runes when attacking, meaning I can block and use its ability when it would otherwise be a trade.
MrMystery314

Postby MrMystery314 » 21 Jul 2019, 16:52

The AI will repeatedly spend mana to make Mistform Wall a Wall over and over again, despite this accomplishing nothing.
MrMystery314

PreviousNext

Return to Forge