It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:39

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby Nik » 17 Jan 2019, 01:46

I have noticed three things recently that the AI did poorly.

One is it did not attack with a second creature which would have made me sac my Swarmborn Giant. (imgur link aTS4Obq)

It prioritizes regenerate a bit too much. Maybe if you can change how much regenerating a creature is. Possibly only use regenerate if it can trade with a creature. Sending it into larger blocks is useless. This one seems more complicated.(imgur link aTS4Obq)

The AI destroyed an enchantment (Maniacal Rage) that was on a creature that was already Capture Sphere so it was not useful in the game. Possibly making it so AI is more aware of why it would destroy enchantments on already "removed" creatures. (imgur link fnEAVPq)

Forge is great btw. Thanks to all who have contributed

Have to post the links like this to get through

Edit: One more while playing
The AI blocked my Ornery Golbin with a Leapfrog even though it had a 2/2 Devkarin Dissident. I don't think the AI knows to think about the 1 damage from Ornery Goblin.
Nik

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 22 Jan 2019, 01:34

Let's say the opponent has a 2/2 on board, the IA has a 4/4 and a Murder in hand, as soon as the very beginning of its turn, after disengaging its lands, it chooses to play the Murder instead of the creature. Some randomness would be cool.

Another thing I noticed, the IA won't play a new legendary creature, even though the one on the board is disabled by, for example, a Pacifism.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby MrMystery314 » 10 Feb 2019, 05:25

The AI appears unable to utilize the Time Vault and Voltaic Key combo consistently; sometimes it will go for the infinite loop without any issues, while sometimes it won't bother, generally when I have a developed board state.
MrMystery314

Postby psly4mne » 13 Feb 2019, 05:11

I'm pretty sure I had the AI decline to Fireblast me for lethal, even when I was about to win. I'm guessing it can't use the alt cost.
psly4mne

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 19 Feb 2019, 08:17

The AI only chooses to cast Kraul Harpooner when there's a flying monster on the opponent's side, and only if the opponent's monster has less than 2 in power. It would be great if the AI could choose to do a "kamikaze" casting.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby Chakan » 21 Feb 2019, 20:21

Kormus Bell and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth don't seem to interact with each other (I expected Kormus Bell to turn all my lands into creatures once I put Urborg into play,) unless I'm mistaken about how they should be interacting.

Er, it does seem to work. But sometimes it doesn't. Apologies.
Chakan

Postby peepser » 06 Mar 2019, 15:14

i notice a lot of Flying creatures with haste pointlessly attacking when they can be killed by blockers. in this example 3/3 flyer comes out when AI is at 1 life, running into a 5/5 flyer when it should’ve just stayed home to block. this is the cautious setting for the AI. Strangely, choosing normal AI setting is what actually makes it cautious. When I used the normal AI setting, the AI would not even attack when it had five or six creatures out and I had one blocker but since changing it to ’cautious‘ , the AI actually attacks when it out numbers me.

But in this example, the AI is much too aggressive, attacking when there is no point of attacking and especially when it is at one life.
Attachments
suicide haste.JPG
peepser

Postby Nanashi » 08 Mar 2019, 01:01

The AI doesn't understand Rune-Tail's Essence prevents burn spells ( Lightning Bolt ect.) on creatures.
Nanashi

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 09 Mar 2019, 16:49

It would be great if the IA could be able to use the first ability of Liliana of the Veil at the last moment, after playing the cards in its hands, and not before that.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby Hanmac » 12 Mar 2019, 16:34

Chakan wrote:Kormus Bell and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth don't seem to interact with each other (I expected Kormus Bell to turn all my lands into creatures once I put Urborg into play,) unless I'm mistaken about how they should be interacting.

Er, it does seem to work. But sometimes it doesn't. Apologies.
Forge can't handle the Dependency Chain of Static Abilities. (if a Static Ability changes what other does depend on)

Means it can only handle the timestamp order so only if you play Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth before Kormus Bell
Hanmac

Postby Nanashi » 27 Mar 2019, 20:48

Sorceress (Shandalar) used Firebreathing on a Dragon Whelp. It clearly wasn't going for 4+ activations. AI has no idea how to use Jump, regularly casting it even though that creature can't or won't attack.

edit:
AI counterspelled my Oppressive Rays... that I was targeting my own creature with to activate Heroic on. This still triggered Heroic (since it was still targeted) so I'm not sure what the point was.
Nanashi

Postby monobluegruul » 29 Mar 2019, 03:52

AI had a Honden of Infinite Rage, while I had a Horobi, Death's Wail out. The AI kept sending the burn to my face since the number of shrines was less than the toughness of any creature I had. The burn clock was less than my creatures.

Similarly, it the AI has a Willbreaker out, it won't useful "nice" abilities on the opponent's creatures (like Caller of Gales). Also, Caller of Gales gave a Kraken Hatchling flying instead of Student of Elements.

The AI can use the ability of Wicked Akuba on my end step, even if it's never attacked.

Pain's Reward seems to cause life loss equal to the sum of all bids, not just the high bid.

AI seems overzealous on using Moonfolk abilities or the ice counter adding ability of Cover of Winter.

AI doesn't seem to sacrifice for Aristocrat decks well. It doesn't want to sac Zubera with a Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker out. With its board full of tokens, it won't sacrifice Homura, Human Ascendant when facing lethal flying damage.

Landfall cards seem to be played after land and ramp spells.

Polymorph effects seemed always aimed at opponent's stuff. Seen with Arcum Dagsson and Reweave . It should probably prioritize the AI's own tokens first.

With Tainted Remedy out the AI will still aim targeted life gain at himself, like Rest for the Weary. (At least it'll splice on Roar of Jukai onto random things. A harder thing would to implement would be making the AI cast more "pointless" Arcane spells under these conditions to use as a Roar splice host. No need to wait for an opposing attack to use Ethereal Haze.)

Similarly, it'd be nice to let the AI know in the deck parameters if something like Hedron Crab is actually wanted for self-milling.

AI had a double striker out and exiled Blazing Shoal and Lavaball Trap to cast Fury of the Horde.

Hard to tell, but the AI didn't seem to prioritize putting big creatures on top when scrying with Nissa's Revelation. Lands and 1/1s are a bit underwhelming (In a deck with about a fourth decently sized creatures).

AI's hilarious when using Freed from the Real on its own creature without a tap ability (I haven't seen it put on a tapping creature to be honest. It did make sense as a pseudo-vigilance on the creature it did put it on, to be honest.). It kept alternating between the Freed abilities until the AI ran out of blue mana.

AI wasn't adding spare green mana into the mana pool for Omnath, Locus of Mana.
monobluegruul

Postby trombonesjones » 14 Apr 2019, 00:56

AI doesn’t use Winged Temple of Orazca even if it has lots of free mana .
trombonesjones

Postby OneMoreNameless » 22 Apr 2019, 04:56

The AI doesn't understand when its damage has been prevented, and will keep spending mana via abilities to temporarily raise the power of its unblocked creatures that have already been effected by Circle of Protection: White etc.

The AI is really bad at using Nature's Revolt. I've won more than one game where the AI was low on health and tapped most of its lands to cast it, letting me easily swarm and kill them with my own freshly untapped lands on the next turn.

The AI could use some kind of sanity check to prevent it getting stuck in loops with abilities that place its own cards on top of its library. Case in point, using Volrath's Stronghold to redraw and cast Dauthi Mindripper for multiple turns in a row while I continually ping it to death and wear down their life using a Scalding Salamander.

I've not seen the AI actually take advantage of Chasm Drake's ability. Even when the AI had far more creatures in play to block with than I had attackers, it would still only attack with its one or two fliers and then activate the drake's ability to redundantly grant flight to an attacking creature that already had it.

The AI will happily steal creatures with Helm of Possession but it doesn't know when to let them go. If I Pacifism the creature (which has no ability it can activate) the helm is controlling then the AI should just untap the helm, leaving me with the now-useless creature and it with the option of stealing something stronger. It doesn't.

Counterpoint to the above, in the same match I saw the AI pointlessly untap its Coffin Queen a few turns after controlling a Youthful Knight. There were no other creatures in either graveyard and all that had changed on field was me summoning a Soltari Trooper that the AI couldn't touch either way, so ???.

The AI controls a Spirit Mirror. I make the dumb mistake of playing Pandemonium. The AI ... doesn't recognise there's a beneficial 'when entering the battlefield' effect and doesn't freely destroy / respawn its reflection to cause me damage. Bummer.

The AI once sacrificed a Mogg Fanatic to deal 1 damage to me, when it could have instead killed my Jackal Pup consequence-free and thus caused me the same damage anyway.

The AI once cast Extinction while I had no creatures in play, wasting it. (IIRC I had an enchantment and artifact out, but neither had started as creatures or anything tricky like that.)
OneMoreNameless

Postby MrMystery314 » 27 Apr 2019, 00:41

The AI will play Ensnaring Bridge even when it doesn't provide them any benefit, and even when they have big creatures.

The AI, when I give it Gifts Ungiven piles to choose from, will never let me keep any of the big Eldrazi titans (e.g. Emrakul, the Aeons Torn) in my hand, even when I have no way of casting them. This sometimes lets me infinitely loop and storm off, taking advantage of the AI's hesitance. Finding some way to let it evaluate cards more strategically may be a good idea.

Edit to add:
When the AI has a choice of my creatures to return to my hand, it often chooses creatures with useful ETB abilities like Izzet Chronarch over vanilla ones, even if it has no reason to do so.
MrMystery314

PreviousNext

Return to Forge