It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:06

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby Chris H. » 12 May 2012, 11:36

In message: Re: AI attacking and blocking Observations

Sloth wrote:
Symphonic wrote:So the AI-symbol in the deck editor means that these cards are not usable by the AI?
Ok, then I won't post any problems with these cards any more - sorry, I did not know this and was happy to think I could help :oops: .
So about one fourth of the cards in Forge cannot be used properly by the AI? ...this is much - despite all of the effort that is put into the game...

A lot of people work on forge and some of them add cards without a second sort about the AI. It's mostly me who does the cleanup by either cobbling together some basic AI code or mark them as unpayable by the AI.

Symphonic wrote:I do not know anything about programming at all, but does this mean that there is no way to make these cards doable for the opponent?

Some of the cards are usable by the AI if they are put in a carefully constructed deck (where nothing can go wrong), but for the others you have to wait until someone improves their AI parts. Maybe we can start a "Card AI Requests" topic similar to the "Card Requests" topic.

This topic is devoted to requests for improvements to the AI for various cards that the AI can not use at all or for cards that the AI uses in a fashion that is counter productive.

The AI attacking and blocking Observations topic is meant to cover combat specific decisions made by the AI.

This new topic is meant to cover other types of bad decisions made by the AI.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby yagi » 13 May 2012, 06:40

AI can target the player twice using Arc Trail. I believe Arc Trail is working perfectly for player, can you put the same restriction for the AI? Thanks.

Besides this, most of the time AI use Arc Trail in suboptimal manner. For example I have a creature with toughness 1, AI choose to target the creature with the 2 damage and the other 1 to target player. An optimal play should be the other way.
Of course when I have 2 creatures with toughness 2 and 1 AI should allocate the damage accordingly.
Attachments
arc trail.jpg
yagi

Postby Milod » 15 May 2012, 14:41

make ai always attack when enquiped with Moonsilver Spear
generates 4/4 angel with flying always good in most situations
Milod

Postby soltres » 16 May 2012, 15:00

Any creature tapped by Minister of Impediments does not untap for the rest of the game.
soltres

Postby friarsol » 16 May 2012, 15:36

soltres wrote:Any creature tapped by Minister of Impediments does not untap for the rest of the game.
Are you sure it didn't have an Enchantment on it, like say Paralyzing Grasp?

Also, please post bug reports in the release thread of the version that you are using.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Sloth » 16 May 2012, 16:16

yagi wrote:AI can target the player twice using Arc Trail. I believe Arc Trail is working perfectly for player, can you put the same restriction for the AI? Thanks.
This is fixed! Thanks yagi.

Milod wrote:make ai always attack when enquiped with Moonsilver Spear
generates 4/4 angel with flying always good in most situations
I've added a new AI variable to a bunch of cards, which will make them attack even though there will be no effect (like attacking into a wall). This change is very conservative, they will still not go suicide missions.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Milod » 17 May 2012, 00:34

Riders of Gavony always chooses Sliver if the it cant determine wats in gy or in play can u make this at least rondom? so it could have chance to gues even right type of creature a gamble ;]
Last edited by Chris H. on 20 May 2012, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mouse-over
Milod

Postby Sloth » 20 May 2012, 09:11

Milod wrote:Riders of Gavony always chooses Sliver if the it cant determine wats in gy or in play can u make this at least rondom? so it could have chance to gues even right type of creature a gamble ;]
Did you use the latest snapshot build? The AI should also check the creatures in your deck now.
Last edited by Chris H. on 20 May 2012, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mouse-over
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Zirbert » 20 May 2012, 13:11

The AI activates Scroll of Origins every turn, whether or not it has seven or more cards in hand. It works correctly and doesn't get the AI another card if it's below 7, but it's pointless.
Zirbert

Postby Milod » 20 May 2012, 19:14

Sloth wrote:
Milod wrote:Riders of Gavony always chooses Sliver if the it cant determine wats in gy or in play can u make this at least rondom? so it could have chance to gues even right type of creature a gamble ;]
Did you use the latest snapshot build? The AI should also check the creatures in your deck now.
using snapshot 17 or 18 mei but what do u mean it checks cards in my deck so it automaticly know wat iam running? i mean its only possible to knows wat cards i play until some hit the gy or or field or some other methods that alowed ai to see my hand
Milod

Postby Zirbert » 20 May 2012, 22:43

The AI repeatedly activates Ixidor, Reality Sculptor even with no face-down creatures in play, thereby accomplishing nothing except burning up mana.
Zirbert

Postby friarsol » 21 May 2012, 03:59

Zirbert wrote:The AI repeatedly activates Ixidor, Reality Sculptor even with no face-down creatures in play, thereby accomplishing nothing except burning up mana.
Actually, that's an illegal play, so is more like a bug.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Milod » 21 May 2012, 23:43

ai casted 2 creatures in mp1 because of cathars crusade( buffed by creature) BUT it activates terminus after..because i had like six 4/4 angels on field so question is could u make exceptions when ai would time a massa removal spell like terminus, day of judgment etc.

thanks alot for all other improvments u made
Milod

Postby 7Durandal7 » 23 May 2012, 03:41

The AI is using the effect of Aura Shards to target an indestructible artifact.
7Durandal7

Postby friarsol » 23 May 2012, 12:11

7Durandal7 wrote:The AI is using the effect of Aura Shards to target an indestructible artifact.
Were there other artifacts/enchantments available to target?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Forge