It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:40

Text Size

Default images

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Default images

Postby Niv-Mizzet » 13 May 2012, 03:50

Is there a way to choose a particular version of a card to be the default for when you're making a constructed deck? For instance the basic lands it seems to default to are just baffling: alpha Island, a white-bordered Mountain, and like M11 Forest or something. I can't see any rhyme or reason to why it selects any given version of a card. It's not necessarily the newest one or even the oldest. I know you can go in and change the deck files to select a certain version of a card after the fact, but is there a way to make it so that it will always choose the one I want?

Like if I want the image of Brainstorm to be the Mercadian Masques one instead of Ice Age one as the default can I set that up somehow?
Niv-Mizzet

Re: Default images

Postby Chris H. » 13 May 2012, 10:23

I do no think that there is any easy way to do this...

I have a copy of forge set up that does not have the various sub folders with the pics from the various sets. The main pics folder has a single copy of each card pic.

This allows me to replace the main pic with an alternate pic and it will in turn become the default pic.

As we age our eye sight can deteriorate and some versions of the card pics are easier to see and read than others.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Sloth » 13 May 2012, 10:55

Niv-Mizzet wrote:Is there a way to choose a particular version of a card to be the default for when you're making a constructed deck? For instance the basic lands it seems to default to are just baffling: alpha Island, a white-bordered Mountain, and like M11 Forest or something. I can't see any rhyme or reason to why it selects any given version of a card. It's not necessarily the newest one or even the oldest. I know you can go in and change the deck files to select a certain version of a card after the fact, but is there a way to make it so that it will always choose the one I want?

Like if I want the image of Brainstorm to be the Mercadian Masques one instead of Ice Age one as the default can I set that up somehow?
You can always edit the txt file of the deck and replace "Forest" with "Forest|M12" to get a Forest from Magic 2012.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby WompWomp » 21 May 2012, 16:34

Niv-Mizzet wrote:Is there a way to choose a particular version of a card to be the default for when you're making a constructed deck? For instance the basic lands it seems to default to are just baffling: alpha Island, a white-bordered Mountain, and like M11 Forest or something. I can't see any rhyme or reason to why it selects any given version of a card. It's not necessarily the newest one or even the oldest. I know you can go in and change the deck files to select a certain version of a card after the fact, but is there a way to make it so that it will always choose the one I want?

In the deck editor if you filter by a specific set and then add a card to your deck you will get the one from that set. I asked about the default lands a while ago and apparently it's not easily changed.
WompWomp

Return to Forge