It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:09

Text Size

New Version 11/05

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

New Version 11/05

Postby mtgrares » 05 Nov 2008, 19:14

I posted a new version of MTG Forge and you can get it here. This is only a minor update. You can now import and export any type of deck: sealed, draft, or constructed. When you import another person’s draft deck, it will be listed with your other draft decks, the same goes for sealed and constructed. When you import a draft deck it will only show the cards that the person picked, you don’t get to draft again.

The export deck option now creates a text file showing the deck’s contents. Below is an example of what the text file looks like. This should save some time when you post a deck.

And remember to save a copy of the file "all-decks2" since that holds all of the decks that you have created.

The only difference from this version and the previous 10-18 version, is that the Gui_DeckEditor_Menu.java was updated and I fixed Necropotence and Yawgmoth's Bargain.

I also added the keyword "Comes into play tapped." to cards.txt for cards like Marble Diamond. I also slightly changes these cards in cards.txt: Charcoal Diamond, Moss Diamond, Sky Diamond, Fire Diamond, Marble Diamond. I just moved the text "Comes into play tapped." to the keyword area.

40 Total Cards

22 Creatures
-------------
1x Haunted Angel
4x Lantern Kami
4x Leonin Skyhunter
4x Mistral Charger
3x Radiant, Archangel
2x Serra Avenger
4x Suntail Hawk

2 Spells
----------
1x Glorious Anthem
1x Wrath of God

16 Land
--------
16x Plains
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: New Version 11/05

Postby mtgrares » 05 Nov 2008, 19:16

I'm going to post the above announcement on my blog on Friday, so you guys get a early sneak peek.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Nov 2008, 20:10

I know that it's still to be addressed, but I just wanted to post a reminder that the bug with Necropotence where Lands can't be played when Necro is in play, is still in effect. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon!

Thanx for getting the other bug fixed and for getting this version out! :)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Chris H. » 06 Nov 2008, 02:25

I found 91 missing card pictures. I made additions to the end of the card-pictures.txt file. The 11-05 Forge program will now download these missing 91 .jpg files.

This is the new card-pictures.txt file:

card-pictures.zip
(13.99 KiB) Downloaded 320 times

This file includes just the 91 additions that I made to the end of the new card-pictures.txt file:

Additions.zip
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mtgrares » 06 Nov 2008, 18:33

Thanks Chris H. I included your card-pictures.txt file into the MTG Forge download. The newest download is 11-05-forge updated.zip and you can get it from here.

I know that it's still to be addressed, but I just wanted to post a reminder that the bug with Necropotence where Lands can't be played when Necro is in play, is still in effect. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon!
Thanks I didn't know about that.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby Mr.Chaos » 07 Nov 2008, 06:51

Thanks to Rares for the new version and thanks to Chris for the updated cards file.
Yet another step towards perfection. :wink:
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 14 Nov 2008, 02:35

mtgrares wrote:The export deck option now creates a text file showing the deck’s contents. Below is an example of what the text file looks like. This should save some time when you post a deck.

And remember to save a copy of the file "all-decks2" since that holds all of the decks that you have created.
I like this new feature.

In the future is it possible for you to change the program to not place all of the decks into a single "all-decks2" file? Could the decks instead be individual plain text files? And place these plain text files in a sub-directory? :?:
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mtgrares » 14 Nov 2008, 18:12

In the future is it possible for you to change the program to not place all of the decks into a single "all-decks2" file? Could the decks instead be individual plain text files? And place these plain text files in a sub-directory?
I plan to do that in version 2. I'll probably not make many changes to version 1. I think the class DeckIO, or something similarly named, is in charge of reading and writing decks.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Return to Forge