It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:21

Text Size

Suggest a blog topic - my future plans

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Suggest a blog topic

Postby Chris H. » 21 Nov 2008, 02:22

mtgrares wrote:I know some people will feel cheated since I’m changing projects. The truth is that I’ve written around 68,000 words on my blog about Magic and I just want to work on something else.
I would like to take this moment to thank you for the wonderful work that you have done. At some point we all will grow tired, and we will burn out. We all need a chance to take some time off and do something different for a while. Go ahead and take a vacation. =D>

Would it be OK if the rest of us continued to enjoy ourselves. :D

I thought it might be fun to add some cards into the game myself. I would have to limit myself to Words that Cards.txt recognizes http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=701 and would have to play test them to see if I had them working correctly or not.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby frwololo » 21 Nov 2008, 04:01

Hey Gando, sorry I myself replied a bit quickly with more anger than necessary. I did not intend at all to compare you with that guy on my blog. I know how you care about MTGForge's project, so I didn't want to sound aggressive !

Back on topic
Forge: I'd like you to talk on one of the drawbacks you have on the current Forge implementation, and how you would do now if you had to redo such or such part.
(Myself, if I had to start again, I'd use the comprehensive rules as my "requirements".)

Or the most difficult cards you've had to code, and how you came up with a solution

Or a particularly tricky thing you had to fix and how you got a brilliant idea to fix it...
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Postby mtgrares » 21 Nov 2008, 18:33

Yes the goal of version 2 is not to have to hack the code in order to add cards like planeswalkers, and other odd/wierd/complicated cards. Not to confuse or frustrate everybody but I might work a little on MTG Forge version 2 to at least get it playable. I'm thinking around 50 cards and hopefully a little better AI. I really want to have undo and my idea of plaintext cards. After I get version 2 that far I'll probably work on Fantastic Contraption and blog about that.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: Suggest a blog topic - my future plans

Postby DennisBergkamp » 21 Nov 2008, 20:55

I checked out Fantastic Contraptions (to see what all the fuss was about :) ), and I gotta say, a very addictive and fun little game. It reminds me a lot of the classics "Sid & Al's Incredible Toons" and "The Incredible Machine".
Good luck on your version, Forge.

Having said that, I'd rather see you finish a V2 though 8)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby mtgrares » 01 Dec 2008, 19:04

My interest in Magic has rekindled so I've actually been working and MTG Forge version 2 and I can finally play a card, Watchwolf. Yes version 2 already supports hybrid mana ;) ;-)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby DennisBergkamp » 03 Dec 2008, 17:33

Yay!!

By the way, hadn't logged in in awhile... nice to see this forum buzzing with activity :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 03 Dec 2008, 20:29

mtgrares wrote:My interest in Magic has rekindled so I've actually been working and MTG Forge version 2 and I can finally play a card, Watchwolf. Yes version 2 already supports hybrid mana ;) ;-)
Are you planning to add support for cards with this type of mana requirements?

Ashenmoor Gouger
(B/R)(B/R)(B/R)
Creature - Elemental Warrior
4/4
Ashenmoor Gouger can't block.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Bog Wraith » 03 Dec 2008, 20:47

mtgrares wrote:My interest in Magic has rekindled so I've actually been working and MTG Forge version 2 and I can finally play a card, Watchwolf. Yes version 2 already supports hybrid mana ;) ;-)
Hybrid!
The app just keeps getting better all the time. It's very exciting to see what you are working on.

With the development of the new Duels of the Planeswalkers by WotC coming out for the XBox this spring, and the continued development of both MTG Forge & Incantus, it's great to see that playing MTG vs an AI opponent is once again taking an important role in Magic as it did when the Micropose version of the same name came out over 10 years ago! :shock: A game that I and many still play to this day, especially with the Sealed Deck play and of course, the Shandalar adventure game.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Previous

Return to Forge