It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:28

Text Size

Forge Beta: 07-13-2012 ver 1.2.10

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta: 07-13-2012 ver 1.2.10

Postby Diogenes » 19 Jul 2012, 13:38

The game fails to start a match if either player has selected the "Flying WU" semi-random deck. The "Loading" icon briefly appears, then focus returns to the main menu.

On a loosely related note, is there a quicker way to check which cards are supported other than browsing through cardsfolder.zip? I'm looking through the .thm for typos and unsupported cards, and doing it this way is clunky.
Diogenes

Postby friarsol » 19 Jul 2012, 13:45

Diogenes wrote:On a loosely related note, is there a quicker way to check which cards are supported other than browsing through cardsfolder.zip? I'm looking through the .thm for typos and unsupported cards, and doing it this way is clunky.
Open up the deck editor from the main screen and start typing a card name?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Diogenes » 19 Jul 2012, 13:54

friarsol wrote:
Diogenes wrote:On a loosely related note, is there a quicker way to check which cards are supported other than browsing through cardsfolder.zip? I'm looking through the .thm for typos and unsupported cards, and doing it this way is clunky.
Open up the deck editor from the main screen and start typing a card name?
I thought that this was just a proposed feature, I assumed it wasn't implemented yet. I can search for text through the filter tab, but I don't have any kind of auto-complete functionality and entering keystrokes does nothing (outside of the appropriate search fields.)
Diogenes

Postby gos » 19 Jul 2012, 14:16

My Phantasmal Image came into play as a copy of my opponent's Etched Monstrosity. It did not enter the battlefield with 5 -1/-1 counters, however. Is that correct?
gos

Postby friarsol » 19 Jul 2012, 14:22

Diogenes wrote:I thought that this was just a proposed feature, I assumed it wasn't implemented yet. I can search for text through the filter tab, but I don't have any kind of auto-complete functionality and entering keystrokes does nothing (outside of the appropriate search fields.)
Is the "trunk" area selected when you start typing? I think this is built into the tables in Java. I don't have Forge here at work, but I'm pretty sure this used to function that way.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby friarsol » 19 Jul 2012, 14:23

gos wrote:My Phantasmal Image came into play as a copy of my opponent's Etched Monstrosity. It did not enter the battlefield with 5 -1/-1 counters, however. Is that correct?
Nope. "7/15/2007 Any enters-the-battlefield abilities of the copied creature will trigger when Clone enters the battlefield. Any "as [this creature] enters the battlefield" or "[this creature] enters the battlefield with" abilities of the chosen creature will also work."
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Diogenes » 19 Jul 2012, 14:59

friarsol wrote:
Diogenes wrote:I thought that this was just a proposed feature, I assumed it wasn't implemented yet. I can search for text through the filter tab, but I don't have any kind of auto-complete functionality and entering keystrokes does nothing (outside of the appropriate search fields.)
Is the "trunk" area selected when you start typing? I think this is built into the tables in Java. I don't have Forge here at work, but I'm pretty sure this used to function that way.
I do not see any pane selected or highlighted at any time. The only UI elements which indicate when they're selected are the master card list and current deck tables, text fields (deck name, search filters,) and filter drop-down lists. None of these are active when I enter the editor. With nothing selected, keystrokes have no effect.

That said, everything seems to be working as intended within those areas (arrows navigate tables, text is entered correctly.) If I void my selection by clicking on the Card Detail pane, keyboard input goes back to doing nothing (interestingly, tabbing over from Filter to Card Image in the lower right pane sends the keyboard back to the master card list - handy for browsing my recent search, I guess.)

Partial-word searches from the Filter tab don't operate as an autocomplete feature either (for instance, searching for "ser" will nab every berserker, it won't skip me to Serra Angel,) although this seems correct.

Anyway, since it could be a java thing I don't want to sound too confident until someone else tries it out, but on my machine at least I don't have access to text completion.

Sorry for the wall of text. :)
Diogenes

Postby Orionalt » 19 Jul 2012, 15:05

Whenever I try to start a draft (cube, block whatever) I get the following error

| Open
This is a Crash Report. An error has occurred. Please save this message to a file.
Please follow the instructions at this address to submit this Crash Report, plus what you were doing at the time:
http://tinyurl.com/3zzrnyb
Reporting bugs in Forge is very important. We thank you for your time.

null

Version:
Forge version 1.2.10-r16193

Java Version: 1.7.0_04 Vendor: Oracle Corporation

Detailed error trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at forge.gui.match.controllers.CDetail.showCard(CDetail.java:49)
at forge.gui.deckeditor.CDeckEditorUI.setCard(CDeckEditorUI.java:52)
at forge.gui.deckeditor.tables.TableModel.showSelectedCard(TableModel.java:193)
at forge.gui.deckeditor.tables.TableModel$1.valueChanged(TableModel.java:208)
at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setSelectionInterval(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JTable.setRowSelectionInterval(Unknown Source)
at forge.gui.deckeditor.tables.TableView.fixSelection(TableView.java:149)
at forge.gui.deckeditor.controllers.CEditorDraftingProcess.showChoices(CEditorDraftingProcess.java:160)
at forge.gui.deckeditor.controllers.CEditorDraftingProcess.init(CEditorDraftingProcess.java:251)
at forge.gui.deckeditor.CDeckEditorUI.updateController(CDeckEditorUI.java:111)
at forge.gui.deckeditor.CDeckEditorUI.setCurrentEditorController(CDeckEditorUI.java:75)
at forge.gui.home.sanctioned.CSubmenuDraft.setupDraft(CSubmenuDraft.java:229)
at forge.gui.home.sanctioned.CSubmenuDraft.access$000(CSubmenuDraft.java:37)
at forge.gui.home.sanctioned.CSubmenuDraft$2.mousePressed(CSubmenuDraft.java:100)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I also cannot get a Deck Editor to open for constructed or quest modes (including spell shop) , it just sits there until I close the window then it goes back to whatever screen I was on previously.
Orionalt

Postby friarsol » 19 Jul 2012, 15:50

Diogenes wrote:Anyway, since it could be a java thing I don't want to sound too confident until someone else tries it out, but on my machine at least I don't have access to text completion.
I guess I missed when you started talking about auto completion (since your original comment just asked about seeing if a card was available). The only thing I was talking about was having the trunk/master card list selected and start typing the card you were looking for. If you type in enough unique characters it would get the card ontop or at least close so you could scroll the rest of the way.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Diogenes » 19 Jul 2012, 16:17

friarsol wrote:I guess I missed when you started talking about auto completion (since your original comment just asked about seeing if a card was available). The only thing I was talking about was having the trunk/master card list selected and start typing the card you were looking for. If you type in enough unique characters it would get the card ontop or at least close so you could scroll the rest of the way.
Sorry for the confusion, I was a bit tired earlier and I don't know why I settled on term "text completion". I understand what you're talking about - you're in the card list, start typing "T-U-" and the selection will skip down to "Tablet of Epityr", then "TUkatongue Thallid", and you can scroll down a couple spaces to find "Tundra": that doesn't actually happen for me. The trunk will respond to the up and down arrow, and space will add cards to my deck, but typing anything else doesn't make it move (including the full name of a valid card.)

I didn't mean to type so much about this subject, but when you checked what part of the interface was selected I thought I'd explain my total experience, just to make sure that there wasn't supposed to be some other selectable area that's broken somehow.

Gah, sorry for wasting your time on this.
Diogenes

Postby muppet » 20 Jul 2012, 08:43

This may be part of a known issue but in case its not. If I Mana Drain an x spell I don't get the amount of x in my mana pool the next turn which I think I should.
muppet
Tester

Postby PowerClaws » 20 Jul 2012, 09:09

muppet wrote:This may be part of a known issue but in case its not. If I Mana Drain an x spell I don't get the amount of x in my mana pool the next turn which I think I should.
I dont think its an error, if you notice, spells with x consider the x to be zero for the converted mana cost, so for a spell like Fireball, the CMC is 1
PowerClaws

Postby friarsol » 20 Jul 2012, 12:32

PowerClaws wrote:
muppet wrote:This may be part of a known issue but in case its not. If I Mana Drain an x spell I don't get the amount of x in my mana pool the next turn which I think I should.
I dont think its an error, if you notice, spells with x consider the x to be zero for the converted mana cost, so for a spell like Fireball, the CMC is 1
Actually when an X Spell is on the stack the CMC includes what X is. The problem is Mana Drain probably isn't using LKI when it's delayed trigger resolves.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby muppet » 20 Jul 2012, 15:51

My Tezzeret the Seeker worked fine the first time I used him to get Time Vault but next turn with him on 2 loyalty I had the bug where I can't choose anything for x except 0 again like in the previous release.
muppet
Tester

Postby cc-drake » 20 Jul 2012, 19:51

How can I remove +1/+1 counters from Tetravus? It's ability triggers, but nothing happens on resolution...
cc-drake

PreviousNext

Return to Forge