It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:28

Text Size

Idiot Mac user needs help.

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Idiot Mac user needs help.

Postby ajax013 » 18 Jul 2012, 14:15

I know that I'm not great with computers.

Anyways, I'm reading through many of the topics here on how to use the card pictures and how to modify other things and a lot of them reference the /res/pics directory. I cannot find that directory at all. When I downloaded Forge, that's all that I see....just the Forge program. No folder, nothing.

Please help! I'm very confused at the moment!
ajax013

Re: Idiot Mac user needs help.

Postby Chris H. » 18 Jul 2012, 15:21

ajax013 wrote:I know that I'm not great with computers.

Anyways, I'm reading through many of the topics here on how to use the card pictures and how to modify other things and a lot of them reference the /res/pics directory. I cannot find that directory at all. When I downloaded Forge, that's all that I see....just the Forge program. No folder, nothing.

Please help! I'm very confused at the moment!

The most recent beta for for Mac OS is titled "forge-1.2.10-osx.tar.bz2".

Download this archive and double click it and the Mac OS will extract the archive for you. Doing so will give you a disk image file titled "forge-1.2.10.dmg".

Double click on this dmg file and it will mount on your desktop. A window should open and it should look like this:

Screen Shot.jpg

The actual forge app is named "Forge.app". You should drag this icon to your Applications folder. Notice the three text files on the right side of this window. Please read them. :)

The Mac OS application version:

We have packaged the Forge BETA version as a Mac OS application. You can double click the Forge.app icon to launch the forge application on your Apple computer running Mac OS. This application will automatically increase the java heap space memory for you as it launches. This version does not require the forge.command file and it does not need to start the Terminal application as part of the start up process.

You can move a copy of your pictures and decks over to the "Forge.app" application. Right click or control click on the Forge.app icon. Select "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu. A Finder window will open and will display a folder named Contents. Navigate to the folder:

/Contents/Resources/Java/res/

Your decks can be placed in the decks folder, your pics can be placed in the pics folder, etc.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Idiot Mac user needs help.

Postby Chris H. » 19 Jul 2012, 12:35

I have another option that may be easier.

Download the "forge-1.2.10.tar.bz2" archive and extract this archive by double clicking on this file.

Then download and extract this command file and place the file named "forge.command" inside of the folder named "forge-1.2.10".

forge.command.zip
(640 Bytes) Downloaded 175 times

Double click the "forge.command" file inside of the folder named "forge-1.2.10". This will launch forge on your Mac. This command file launches the terminal app found in your utilities folder. The terminal app then launches the forge jar file. :)

You should be able to navigate the directory structure of the "forge-1.2.10" folder without too many problems.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Return to Forge