It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:19

Text Size

Bitterblossom and newest MTGForge

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Bitterblossom and newest MTGForge

Postby DennisBergkamp » 26 Dec 2008, 00:46

I'm still getting the "draw extra cards in my upkeep" bug whenever I have Bitterblossom (or cards that have triggers during one's upkeep) in play. This was fixed in previous versions, but somehow came back again ?

EDIT: this is in the newest version, 12-03
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Re: Bitterblossom and newest MTGForge

Postby mtgrares » 26 Dec 2008, 20:51

This is an ongoing problem that cannot be easily fixed is that the phase code is probably too buggy to fix. The upkeep code like Bitterblossom was hacky to begin with, so when I combine it with the hacky phase code, bugs are bound to occur. At the beginning of the game I still usually draw a card (which is incorrect) but occansionally I don't.

I have a few ideas in my head about how to fix this but they may or may not work. Even the phase code in version 2 has given me problems although I think I've fixed it. Version 2 occansionally didn't work when the computer went first, which is the same bug that version 1 had. Going to the next phase should be easy but it seems hard to get the phase stops and player priority working 100% correctly.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: Bitterblossom and newest MTGForge

Postby DennisBergkamp » 26 Dec 2008, 22:27

Weird thing is, it was introduced at some point, since the version I've been using doesn't have the problem.
I'll try and update my old version with all the new additions, and see if I can get the old version to be up-to-date without this bug.

The main thing that's bugging me about this bug is that I added a lot of upkeep triggering cards such as Reya Dawnbringer, Leaf-Crowned Elder, Dark Confidant etc.
Can't use them with this bug :S
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Return to Forge