It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:11

Text Size

Congrats DennisBergkamp, Ranks Needed

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Congrats DennisBergkamp, Ranks Needed

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Jan 2009, 17:58

Hello MTG Forgers,

This forum has really exploded, which makes me very happy. I see a lot of participation and I want to reward appropriate ranks, but ranks have to be earned so I'm not handing them out willy nilly.

DennisBergkamp just earned the "AI Programmer" rank, congratulations DennisBergkamp!

I think a lot of other guys here deserve ranks too, but I need your help clarifying the roles. I think some guys are programmers, others are testers, please let me know. If there are any other guys who actually do AI Programming work, let me know that too.

Thanks again,

Huggy
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: Congrats DennisBergkamp, Ranks Needed

Postby GandoTheBard » 09 Jan 2009, 18:30

Im just an outspoken peon with a penchant for deck building, bug finding and other nonsense...but Im guessing that doesnt fit a neat rank name. :D
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Jan 2009, 18:39

Bug finding is an important job that qualifies the dedicated and consistent as a Tester. Someone who just finds a bug or two wouldn't qualify. Anyway, I haven't created that rank yet so stay tuned.

If you know how the other contributors fit in let me know, I don't expect folks to talk about themselves really.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Chris H. » 09 Jan 2009, 19:09

Huggybaby wrote:DennisBergkamp just earned the "AI Programmer" rank, congratulations DennisBergkamp!
I agree. Dennis has done a wonderful job.

I would like to suggest that the Rank Title should be changed slightly to:

AI Programmer Premier
=D>
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 09 Jan 2009, 19:16

GandoTheBard wrote:Im just an outspoken peon with a penchant for deck building, bug finding and other nonsense...but Im guessing that doesnt fit a neat rank name. :D
The game would not be as much fun if we did not have people designing, modifying and posting their decks into the deck area. Not everyone can have a talent in this area.

A possible Rank Title could be:

Deck Connoisseur
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 09 Jan 2009, 19:22

Huggybaby wrote:Bug finding is an important job that qualifies the dedicated and consistent as a Tester.
Excuse me but I'm on a roll.

Rank Title:

Bug Finder Extraordinary
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby DennisBergkamp » 09 Jan 2009, 20:43

Hahaha, awesome! Well thanks Huggy, I am humbled and I am proud :D
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Jan 2009, 02:30

You're welcome! And you're in good company too.

Chris H., those are good rank suggestions, but I need to know who to apply them to also. Any nominations?
For example, most of the people I see in the MTG Forge Decks forum are programmers...and you can only have one rank at a time, so choose wisely.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Chris H. » 10 Jan 2009, 02:53

Huggybaby wrote:...and you can only have one rank at a time, so choose wisely.
People can only wear one hat at a time. I see. :lol:

We could try to award a Rank Title of some sort on a monthly basis. This could allow a little ebb and flow.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby GandoTheBard » 10 Jan 2009, 10:04

Aside from the cuteness of having a title at all Im not sure what the point is so I cant really say I am interested yet. However of the active members of this forum most are beta testers, some are code snippers and some are programmers. Of the programmers there are AI Coders and Rules Coders (bug fixers). Mr Chaos is the Unofficial Beta Tester by his own admission and hes been very consistant with that. It seems that JPB and Rob are at least Code Snippers and might be Rules Coders and Dennis and Chris are Ai coders/Rules Coders. Orpheu just came on the scene but he is shaping up to be a code snipper with rules coder possibilities. I hope that covers everyone but if I missed anyone I apologize.

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Huggybaby » 15 Jan 2009, 22:12

Thanks for the info. The point is to give recognition for hard work. It's what you do when you don't pay people money, there's nothing cute about that. Nor is there anything meritorious about undue modesty, but don't worry, no one will force anything on you. I don't have a rank either, but it's only because whatever ranks I qualify for are so awesome, and I'm such a modest guy. :lol:

Some forums give ranks just for posting (MWSData did that), and when you reach a certain number of posts you get a different rank. We could do that here but haven't, maybe we will.

Thanks to his new Cardset Editor, Rob Cashwalker is now Programmer Rob Cashwalker, congrats Rob. =D>

<edit> Mr.Chaos is now Tester, congrats.

And it would be nice to see avatars for DennisBergKamp and mtgrares and Chris H., get in the spirit folks!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby GandoTheBard » 15 Jan 2009, 22:24

Heh on one forum I am a member of I have the Rank of Divinity just because I am a very frequent poster there. Of course some might argue such a thing is deserved since I do alot of work contributing stuff to that forum but I think of it as being a little silly. However, recognition I understand. As such Id like my title to be "The Bard" since thats how I veiw myself. :) To me being a bard in this day and age involves many things but mostly communication. I think I do that pretty well here and all the other titles fit into this catagory neatly. I would settle for Ardent BetaTester if The Bard seems to hokey. :P Anyway Thank you for thanking us. :D Your title seems self-evident right? no need to actually spell it out. :)

GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby GandoTheBard » 23 Jan 2009, 22:46

Im guessing my lack of a title is because I made fun of them? lol...well that's ok at least I know where the love is coming from.

GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Huggybaby » 24 Jan 2009, 01:29

Well, I don't want to make custom ranks for each person, and I want the ranks to have meaning, otherwise they are just silly. That's why I delayed until something made sense to me. So, you have a rank now. 8)

Also, my title is not self evident, but I will remain without one for now. I'm mysterious that way.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to Forge