It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:31

Text Size

Some Bugs

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Some Bugs

Postby Almost_Clever » 15 Jan 2009, 04:06

Control Magic effects often do not work properly. Some examples include:
    If the AI steals my Sliver Queen with Control Magic and then uses her ability to make sliver tokens, I get the tokens (not the computer).

Slivers do not grant abilities to opponent's slivers.

Viashino Slasher gets +1/+1 instead of +1/-1.

Unworthy Dead (and other regeneraters) can regenerate from an Infest (give all creatures -2/-2) or Funeral Charm (give creature +2/-1). After regenerating from an Infest, the Unworthy Dead has 1/1 P/T (so it looks like Infest actually deals two damage rather than reducing P/T). After regenerating from a Funeral Charm, the Unworth Dead has 3/0 P/T.

Funeral Charm does not have the option to grant swampwalk (even though the text says it does). The text also states the +2/-1 option twice.

Soul Warden / Essence Warden gain life when animating man lands (Mishra's Factory, Blinkmoth Nexus, etc.).

Vigilant creatures can attack the opponent and their planeswalker in the same attack phase.

Uktabi Orangutan can destroy a Darksteel Ingot (and other indestructable artifacts) with its come into play ability. The AI will attempt to Disenchant a Darksteel Ingot (AI problem), but the Darksteel Ingot at least will not be destroyed.

Targeted enchantments (such as Oblivion Ring) don't target anything if put into play via Zur the Enchanter.

Wort, Boggart Auntie does not return changelings (such as Nameless Inversion) to hand during upkeep. (I believe I've seen this discussed elsewhere, something about changelings only counting as slivers and not elves or goblins or other creature types.)

Mishra's Factory does not have the ability to give Assembly Worker +1/+1 until end of turn (similar to Blinkmoth Nexus ability to give target Blinkmoth +1/+1 until end of turn.

Clicking on creatures in play with flash (such as Caller of the Claw) allows you to cast them again. Generally this is just a waste of mana, but Caller of the Claw actually puts 2/2 bear tokens into to play (if you had creatures put into the graveyard). Soul Warden / Essence Warder do not trigger off of the mulitple (fake) copies of the Caller of the Claw, but do trigger off of the bear tokens.
Almost_Clever
Tester

Re: Some Bugs

Postby mtgrares » 15 Jan 2009, 20:02

MTG Forge will always have a few bugs, that may or may not be annoying. Basically the program can have less cards with less bugs or more cards with more bugs and I chose the second option. I love "more cards" and hopefully the bugs aren't too annoying.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby Almost_Clever » 16 Jan 2009, 01:15

Sorry, I didn't mean for the post to look like complaints. I have a blast playing MTG Forge and I'm all for including more cards. I meant for the post to document the problems I found, knowing that unreported bugs stand no chance of getting fixed.
A woman came up to me and said / "I'd like to poison your mind / With wrong ideas that appeal to you / Though I am not unkind."
Almost_Clever
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 16 Jan 2009, 01:23

Some of these I patched up already, and jpb made a whole bunch of fixes. So the next BETA version will address quite a few of these bugs, but on the flip-side will also include a whole lot of new cards / features, which will undoubtedly cause more bugs :D
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 16 Jan 2009, 01:24

if you had posted this in the sticky thread above Id have had an easier time adding these to the list there. :/
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby jpb » 16 Jan 2009, 03:15

Almost_clever, I thank you a lot! Many of these bugs I didn't know existed. Keep up the good work. Even if they don't get fixed some of us at least look at them and decide how easy they are to fix, so you could report 10 bugs and all 10 are easy to fix, or you could report 20 bugs and only 2 are easy to fix. Don't think we ignore bug reports if you don't see a fix right away.
jpb

Postby Almost_Clever » 16 Jan 2009, 04:14

GandoTheBard wrote:if you had posted this in the sticky thread above Id have had an easier time adding these to the list there. :/
Sorry, I wasn't sure of the protocol here. I've seen some boards where people will get mad at n00bs for ruining a stickied topic ;^). I'll go to your thread to post a couple of new ones I just ran into this evening. (While previewing this response, I saw that Sorry was autocarded. I had naively thought up until this point that only cards implemented in MTG Forge were autocarded. I assume that Sorry is not a good candidate for implementing in MTG Forge ;^)

jbp wrote:Almost_clever, I thank you a lot! Many of these bugs I didn't know existed. Keep up the good work. Even if they don't get fixed some of us at least look at them and decide how easy they are to fix, so you could report 10 bugs and all 10 are easy to fix, or you could report 20 bugs and only 2 are easy to fix. Don't think we ignore bug reports if you don't see a fix right away.
You're welcome. I'm a systems engineer in real life, dealing primarily with requirements and verification, so I tend to find weird broken cases hiding in the corners. Magic is complicated to begin with and once you starting adding all the various cards, I can see that it takea lots of playtesting to encounter some of the broken interactions; I built some decks to ensure that some of these bugs really were there and it took several games before some of them showed up. I'd like to help out with fixing the bugs as well, but I don't know Java (yet).
A woman came up to me and said / "I'd like to poison your mind / With wrong ideas that appeal to you / Though I am not unkind."
Almost_Clever
Tester

Postby GandoTheBard » 16 Jan 2009, 04:40

AC no problem and welcome to the forums. :)

Alot of those bugs we knew about but since they were reported months ago we forgot about them. :)
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby mtgrares » 20 Jan 2009, 22:00

You're welcome. I'm a systems engineer in real life, dealing primarily with requirements and verification, so I tend to find weird broken cases hiding in the corners.
Yes Magic is full of "corner cases", I tend to incorrectly simplify the things that I can't program yet. (The computer used to see all mana costs as colorless in order to make the code easier.) I'm glad that you like MTG Forge, Magic seems to draw a lot of computer people for some reason.

And I don't expect someone to slog through and read a bunch of bug reports before reporting something.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Return to Forge