It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:06

Text Size

Interface Request

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Interface Request

Postby Almost_Clever » 21 Jan 2009, 01:32

One of the first things I do each time I draft or edit decks is to resize the columns. Additionally, I'd like to increase the size of the window, but currently resizing the window just adds gray space to the right. Finally, I generally want to play the other 7 decks with my draft decks, but I have to keep re-entering the decks. Is there any way to keep the last settings (column widths, window size, sort order, last deck played)?

Next, this may be more appropriate for Rob's card editor, but I'd like to be able to filter the cards by such things as card type (artifact, creature, enchantment, instant, land, planeswalker, sorcery, and tribal), block, and keywords (flash, first strike, etc). This could also address mtgrares request for smaller sets.
A woman came up to me and said / "I'd like to poison your mind / With wrong ideas that appeal to you / Though I am not unkind."
Almost_Clever
Tester

Re: Interface Request

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 21 Jan 2009, 04:08

I can work on adding more column data to the cardset editor.

One thing I don't see being added directly is "block". As we add more and more basic cards, many of these cards have been reprinted at least a few times.... It would be difficult to sort... we're balancing on the edge of needing a database as it is.

I might consider some sort of cardlist filter.... Like you have a cardname-per-line file, and I'll filter the grid to just the cards that are on the list. Then you can create a cardset that only contains cards from your list. If that list happened to be a block list, then your cardset is as much of the block as we have available. (which is a better reason for "block" not being viable data for MTGForge files - any given block would be represented by maybe a dozen cards. I think Alara might be our best represented block, since the bulk of cards are simple effects, and we even have a block mechanic keyworded)
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby Incantus » 21 Jan 2009, 16:56

don't use block, use "expansion" for the card data (although many cards are in multiple expansions, so it should probably be a list)
Incantus
DEVELOPER

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 21 Jan 2009, 21:08

You're correct, expansion would be the correct term... but it still wouldn't have any direct use in MTGForge.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby Almost_Clever » 21 Jan 2009, 22:33

The block request was to try to build a block set for drafting. Rob already offered a suitable suggestion for what I was trying to do. The question I have is if my cardname-per-line file contained cards not implemented in MTG Forge, will the cardset editor choke or ignore them? If it just ignores them, then we could try out various combinations (including blocks) and not try to have a database to keep track of every set containing Disenchant.
A woman came up to me and said / "I'd like to poison your mind / With wrong ideas that appeal to you / Though I am not unkind."
Almost_Clever
Tester

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 22 Jan 2009, 04:53

I would design it to not choke.... hopefully. Since I didn't even notice a glaring bug in the functionality of my initial release... I may fail in the endeavor to not choke....

I'll be re-releasing the editor tomorrow probably, and then I'll start working on the filter.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Return to Forge