Page 19 of 19

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

PostPosted: 14 May 2020, 15:30
by mangakaninja
GreyJAY v2, unofficial. based on ..wagic, yea that.
its dark with gold accents, easy on the eyes and classy.

[img] i.ibb.co/JQvhYT0/Untitled.png
DL
mega.nz/file/TgZSAQgT#vQLYhgc0BSLBFQ2VOYg2idspEwtUQjeSn5v8AvjF1JM

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

PostPosted: 30 May 2020, 11:26
by etphonehome
mangakaninja wrote:GreyJAY v2, unofficial. based on ..wagic, yea that.
its dark with gold accents, easy on the eyes and classy.

[img] i.ibb.co/JQvhYT0/Untitled.png
DL
mega.nz/file/TgZSAQgT#vQLYhgc0BSLBFQ2VOYg2idspEwtUQjeSn5v8AvjF1JM
I totally like it.

THX for sharing it.

Diwnloading...

Re: Forge Skins & Themes (updated 14/7/20)

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2020, 20:49
by etphonehome
Here is my contribute to the Themes collection

A theme on the dark side of colors.

New Splash screen
New buttons
New Logo
New background
New layout file
New icons
New font

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rid3dp7ig ... c.rar/file


The background is prepared for playing with the my custom layout. Try it. Go to Forge-Layout-File-Open and locate "Dark side of Magic.xml" file provided.

Bye

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 14:01
by timmermac
I'd like to request a theme. I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuge Oregon Ducks fan, and I'd like to see a theme based on that. Green buttons would be preferred. Thanks, if possible.

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2021, 18:02
by McTulus
In the new release, I can't change the skins from default to any other type despite the file is located in the same place as before. DOes anyone know how to fix it?

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2021, 09:29
by Agetian
McTulus wrote:In the new release, I can't change the skins from default to any other type despite the file is located in the same place as before. DOes anyone know how to fix it?
The custom user skins will need to be moved to the Forge cache folder (the same folder where your "db" and "pics" folders are - create the "skins" folder there and move all the skins into it except for the "default" skin folder, which should still be under res/skins). It requires an extra action right now but it'll allow you not to risk losing your custom skins every time you update Forge.

- Agetian

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 08:47
by kareraisu
Hello from Argentina!
Been using Forge for years, you guys rock! :D

I had to switch from pc to mac some months ago and I just downloaded the last desktop version for macOS.
First thing I tried was to switch to my fav skin, just to find out that all the skins are gone except for the default. :shock:
So I downloaded a couple of custom ones from this thread and tried putting them in the user folder under a new skins dir, as suggested. Didn't work. I tried putting them in res/skins. Didn't work. As a last resort, I renamed one of the custom skins dir to 'default' and copied the missing files from the default skin.
This seemed to do the trick... but I could not get past the splash screen. :cry:
Both skins I tried generated the following error while processing the image sprites:

Code: Select all
java.awt.image.RasterFormatException: (y + height) is outside of Raster
   at sun.awt.image.ByteInterleavedRaster.createWritableChild(ByteInterleavedRaster.java:1248)
   at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.getSubimage(BufferedImage.java:1202)
   at forge.toolbox.FSkin$SkinIcon.setIcon(FSkin.java:789)
Agetian, maybe you know how can this be fixed? [-o<

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

PostPosted: 07 May 2021, 08:25
by PrinzMurmel
Hello from Munich :D

I just noticed the same, it's a pity that the skins are gone, I hope they will be back soon.
However, you can make the old ones at least partly work. The sprite_icons.png file has to be kept from the 'default' folder (otherwise some sprites or the whole file size seems to be incorrect). With that I could use the files of the firebloom skin (as 'default').

Regards,
P.M. {G}

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

PostPosted: 07 May 2021, 11:02
by kevlahnota
PrinzMurmel wrote:Hello from Munich :D

I just noticed the same, it's a pity that the skins are gone, I hope they will be back soon.
However, you can make the old ones at least partly work. The sprite_icons.png file has to be kept from the 'default' folder (otherwise some sprites or the whole file size seems to be incorrect). With that I could use the files of the firebloom skin (as 'default').

Regards,
P.M. {G}
Skins are not gone, you just need to download them in the content downloaders and apply the skins. The old skins should work if you put them to the new location..
Screenshot (Forge 1.6.41.210507.SNAPSHOTS):

Untitled.jpg