It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:11

Text Size

Quest Mode - Post your AI tuned decks

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Quest Mode - Post your AI tuned decks

Postby DennisBergkamp » 03 Mar 2009, 20:15

Well I'm making good progress on quest mode. I'm 80% done, all the screens work and the quest data can be saved and loaded. I mention tomorrow (Wednesday) on my blog, because I know MTG Forge is buggy the old save file is never deleted, it is just renamed something like "questData-11". While this will generate a number of old files, it will mean that your game is never lost.

I'm working on the last thing which is building the menu for the deck editor. (I'm not changing anything about the deck editor except the menu.) This screenshot is correct and the data is gotten directly from the new class QuestData. Easy requires that you win 50 matches, medium 100, hard 150, and very hard 250. During that time you also win new cards at various times, easy gets new cards after 2 wins, medium 4 wins, hard 6 wins, very hard 8 wins. And right now the booster packs that you win have only 7 cards. (Wizards is cutting costs, lol.)

All the numbers are just guesses and can be tweaked later.
This is awesome news :) Can't wait!

By the way, I changed some things around in the deck editor GUI, and TableModel.java file, to make certain columns smaller (Qty, Cost, Rarity, ...) and certain ones bigger (Name, Type, ...) to fit more information on the screen. I'm not sure if these changes would be affect any of the Quest Deck Editor code...
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Deckbuilder

Postby mtgrares » 05 Mar 2009, 21:07

Well after wrestling with Gui_DeckEditor for awhile I decided to do the unholy deed of just copying the whole thing and tweaking it. So whatever changes you made may have to be made again. I'm going to try to use the new Gui_DeckEditor file but my IDE only goes up to Java 1.4 I think so it doesn't recognize enums and stuff. (My computer only has 500MB of memory and I need to find a new, small, newer IDE.)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: Quest Mode - Post your AI tuned decks

Postby DennisBergkamp » 05 Mar 2009, 22:36

Ahh, it shouldn't be much of a problem, it's an easy copy + paste addition.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Previous

Return to Forge