It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:33

Text Size

MTGForge 02/24 (unofficial BETA) version

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

MTGForge 02/24 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby DennisBergkamp » 24 Feb 2009, 06:34

New version is DONE! There's so many changes this time, I hope I remember everything:

Fixes / Features:
-- Raging Bull and Flame Spirit now show up in the Deck Editor.
-- Fixed Vedalken Mastermind ? (not sure what I fixed).
-- added in repaired .deck files (thanks Chris!).
-- included run-forge executable.
-- AI will not play Vampiric Tutor anymore at low life levels.
-- TgtPump should remove the incorrect summoning sickness on non-creature artifacts.
-- Ratcatcher should be fixed now.
-- Some GUI changes: cards are smaller now, I also reduced the thickness of the borders around them by 1 pixel.
-- I redid the layout of the non-land permanents' section of the "table", instead of using a chronological order, permanents now show up like this:
creatures / planeswalkers | artifacts | enchantments.
-- Renamed all tokens, we're now using a different naming convention: {color}{p/t}{creature type}. (useful for attaching custom images to tokens).
-- added token data file (thanks Rob!).
-- added custom tokens I was unable to find download links for, I put them in the pics directory (thanks Chris!).
-- Lightning Bolt, Lightning Helix, Char, Psionic Blast, Ember-Fist Zubera and Chandra Nalaar can target Planeswalkers now.
-- I fixed the discard for Wild Mongrel / Glint-Eye Nephilim, they will actually really discard cards now as opposed to "sacrificing" cards from hand.
-- Fixed Greener Pastures (should only trigger for the active player now).
-- Fixed token keywords: before tokens could only have a single instance of a certain keyword (an attacking token creature with multiple Battlegrace Angel would only get a single instance of Lifelink).
-- Sensation Gorger: as an experiment, I just removed the code to use the stack. Not exactly pretty, but I ran out of ideas.
-- Fixed a First Strike bug where a blocker with First Strike would effectively deal damage as if it had Double Strike.
-- Changed the Deck Builder top table layout: shrunk/increased column widths accordingly (and also fetched card rarities in Constructed). By the way, I hope these changes shows up correctly on different operating systems (might be too squished on OS X?).
-- EDIT: I also added in (limited) keyboard support, whenever the "Ok" button is clickable, hitting space or enter should activate it. It's a nice change I think, since you can skip through phases / resolve spells just by hitting the space bar. I found myself annoyed at always having to move the mouse to the Ok button before. I played around with Escape activating the cancel button, however, I ran into some bugs so I didn't really enable this functionality yet, I'll play around with this some more though.

These were pasted from Gando's bug report, they should be fixed (and can be grayed out) :

-- The kinship prompt during the upkeep seems to be broken as after I closed a game (because of the Sensation Gorger bug) I kept getting the prompt every time I tried to start a new game...had to close the client completely to stop it.

-- Fails to utilize the sacrifice saprolings for 2 life ability of Elvish Farmer when it is at low life levels.

-- Elvish Farmer is buggy with its counters.
-- Uktabi Orangutan ignores the indestructable keyword.
-- Thunder Wall is missing the keyword "Flying"
-- Wall of Fire does not have the keyword Defender.
-- Angel of Despair removes the permanent instead of just destroying it. I believe Vindicate does the same thing incidently.
-- Valor incorrectly states that it gives Vigilance instead of First Strike.
-- Elspeth, Knight-Errant has spore counters in addition to normal counters... same with Aven Riftwatcher. It has Vanishing counters AND spore counters and only the spore counters seem to be removed. not sure if this is just cosmetic or an actual problem.
-- Anaba Shaman's activated ability is not properly costed (should be "R, Tap", not just "Tap")

New cards:
(I tried adding in a bunch of token stuff)

Sunweb
Blazing Archon
Moat, Magus of the Moat - I love these cards :)
Sleeper Agent
Arcanis the Omnipotent
Guided Strike
Mobilization
Marrow-Gnawer
Lab Rats
Patrol Signaler
Guardian of Cloverdell
Springjack Shepherd
Goblin Trenches - awesome card
Dark Depths
Font of Mythos
Oros, the Avenger - Rootwater Thief - Treva, the Renewer - I started out creating these cards, they work great (even the AI can use them!) and I was planning on adding a bunch more (Invasion dragon legends, etc.), however, after some testing it turns out if two or more of these attack, only one of them will trigger :(
Pendelhaven - one of my favorites

EDIT:
I forgot to mention a bunch of cards identified by Chris, that were added through the TgtKPump keyword. Thanks!!

About the smaller cards in-game: this is a change I really like. Of course, this is merely a personal preference: if there is anyone that prefers the original-sized cards, it would be no problem to post this same version of the beta, with the bigger cards.

Pfew! I'd say that's about it :)
Attachments
MTGForge0224.rar
BETA 02/24 unofficial release
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 302 times
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Re: MTGForge 02/24 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby Almost_Clever » 24 Feb 2009, 10:55

DennisBergkamp wrote:-- Changed the Deck Builder top table layout: shrunk/increased column widths accordingly (and also fetched card rarities in Constructed). By the way, I hope these changes shows up correctly on different operating systems (might be too squished on OS X?).
It look great on my screen (Windows Vista). Would it be possible to do the same thing with the draft screen?
A woman came up to me and said / "I'd like to poison your mind / With wrong ideas that appeal to you / Though I am not unkind."
Almost_Clever
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 24 Feb 2009, 12:52

DennisBergkamp wrote:-- Changed the Deck Builder top table layout: shrunk/increased column widths accordingly (and also fetched card rarities in Constructed). By the way, I hope these changes shows up correctly on different operating systems (might be too squished on OS X?).
I'm happy with this new deck editor layout. If the reports you get are all positives you may want to consider applying the same table layout to the deck area at the bottom.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby DennisBergkamp » 24 Feb 2009, 15:28

I'm happy with this new deck editor layout. If the reports you get are all positives you may want to consider applying the same table layout to the deck area at the bottom.
Good. Yes, I was thinking the same thing. By the way, what do you guys think of the smaller cards in-game?
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 24 Feb 2009, 17:17

DennisBergkamp wrote:Good. Yes, I was thinking the same thing. By the way, what do you guys think of the smaller cards in-game?
I can get used to it. It may be a wee too small for those of us who have the larger screen monitors. We are a smallish group on this forum ... I wonder what it looks like on a small lap top display. :-k

We should also give Rob a chance to see how his small sized set of generic jpg pictures appear.

If it turns out that you can't dynamically resize these cards in-game, could we be given a choice somewhere at the New Game window?
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 24 Feb 2009, 17:22

I have not yet had a chance to fully play test this newer version. I played a couple of quick games with the enchanted tokens deck. I like the new organization of where the cards in play appear.

The computer appears to be playing it's land cards differently. I could be wrong in my observations. Have you changed anything in this area? :?:
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby DennisBergkamp » 24 Feb 2009, 17:43

Chris H. wrote:I have not yet had a chance to fully play test this newer version. I played a couple of quick games with the enchanted tokens deck. I like the new organization of where the cards in play appear.

The computer appears to be playing it's land cards differently. I could be wrong in my observations. Have you changed anything in this area? :?:
Hmm, I don't think so. In what way is it different?

I can get used to it. It may be a wee too small for those of us who have the larger screen monitors. We are a smallish group on this forum ... I wonder what it looks like on a small lap top display. :-k

We should also give Rob a chance to see how his small sized set of generic jpg pictures appear.

If it turns out that you can't dynamically resize these cards in-game, could we be given a choice somewhere at the New Game window?
I hadn't thought of Rob's generic JPEGs, they should appear fine, but are probably difficult (impossible?) to read.
So I should look into the dynamic resize (either from the New Game window or in game). I would like to include an option to make them even smaller :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 24 Feb 2009, 17:55

This is not so much a bug as a notice that I had to use Menu - Download Card Pictures twice to get all of the new jpgs. On my third attempt I finally got the comforting "All card pictures have been downloaded" message.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby DennisBergkamp » 24 Feb 2009, 18:24

Chris,

I tried to send this as a PM, but I guess I can only attach files up to 1MB when PM'ing.
I'm not sure what's going on with the card downloads, maybe you had trouble accessing magickartenmarkt.de? I tested this, and I think I got all cards successfully in one go.

Here's that experimental version with the extra AI column. By the way, could you test that stuff with Flying Carpet / War Chariot using this version? I think I might have fixed it now, if not, there's some extra checks I have to add.

Thanks!
Attachments
MTGForgeAIColumn.rar
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 24 Feb 2009, 19:49

DennisBergkamp wrote:
Chris H. wrote:I have not yet had a chance to fully play test this newer version. I played a couple of quick games with the enchanted tokens deck. I like the new organization of where the cards in play appear.

Hmm, I don't think so. In what way is it different?
I experimented a wee bit more. :supz:

I came across something unexpected. :partyman:
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 24 Feb 2009, 19:53

DennisBergkamp wrote:Chris,

I tried to send this as a PM, but I guess I can only attach files up to 1MB when PM'ing.
I'm not sure what's going on with the card downloads, maybe you had trouble accessing magickartenmarkt.de? I tested this, and I think I got all cards successfully in one go.

Here's that experimental version with the extra AI column. By the way, could you test that stuff with Flying Carpet / War Chariot using this version? I think I might have fixed it now, if not, there's some extra checks I have to add.

Thanks!
I tried to send you my collection of shrunken HQ tokens (400+ KB) when you were having problems finding the large archive and had similar results.

I like the extra AI column and have not yet had any errors with it.

I tried testing the Flying Carpet / War Chariot and will report on the bug board.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mtgrares » 24 Feb 2009, 20:10

New versions are great. It's great that things are progressing so well. Thanks to everybody that wrestled with my code ;) :) Most of MTG Forge was written between 10am and 2am, sometimes 4am.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby DennisBergkamp » 24 Feb 2009, 21:07

No problems, it was a lot of fun :)

I just noticed though, that in this version I forgot to set smoothLand back to true. So the computer will probably get a lot worse draws now.
I think I'll repost it with it enabled sometime today.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 25 Feb 2009, 01:34

Attached below you will find the updated card-pictures.txt file as a zip file. This file will provide you with the jpg card pictures for the 21 new cards.

Attachments
card-pictures.zip
Attached below you will find the updated card-pictures.txt file as a zip file. This file will provide you with the jpg card pictures for the 21 new cards.
(19.05 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 25 Feb 2009, 02:23

Attached below you will find an archive containing the three rarity files. These files represent a complete listing for all of the included cards and have not been play balanced. This is for MTG Forge 02-24 Beta.

Attachments
originalRarities02-24.zip
(11.08 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Next

Return to Forge