It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:20

Text Size

Quest Mode: Guide to Formats, Worlds, and everything

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Quest Mode: Guide to Formats, Worlds, and everything

Postby Eehoe » 07 Jun 2018, 18:38

Is there a way to buy individual cards from the spell shop from all sets and not just from the sets or cards available at that time?
Eehoe

Postby friarsol » 08 Jun 2018, 00:23

Eehoe wrote:Is there a way to buy individual cards from the spell shop from all sets and not just from the sets or cards available at that time?
No. The spell shop is purposefully limited selection.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby RanDomino » 22 Jun 2018, 04:36

You could make a custom world with all sets, maybe.
RanDomino

Postby Rikku » 26 Nov 2018, 00:21

Is there a way to limit the card sets that the AI can use in Quest mode?
I assumed that if I limited myself to specific sets this would count for the AI too, but it doesn't seem like it.
Rikku

Postby friarsol » 26 Nov 2018, 01:02

Rikku wrote:Is there a way to limit the card sets that the AI can use in Quest mode?
I assumed that if I limited myself to specific sets this would count for the AI too, but it doesn't seem like it.
Computer decks are all pre-compiled. If you want to play from sets based on a certain world you need to goto that world. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to someone building a Modern world.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Rikku » 27 Nov 2018, 10:28

friarsol wrote:Computer decks are all pre-compiled. If you want to play from sets based on a certain world you need to goto that world. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to someone building a Modern world.
Unfortunately worlds aren't quite what I was looking for, but they'll have to do.
Since I'm a very casual player/beginner I wanted to start with just the 2019 Core set for example, learn those cards by playing, then add one expansion, and so on...
Rikku

Postby friarsol » 28 Nov 2018, 02:50

Rikku wrote:Unfortunately worlds aren't quite what I was looking for, but they'll have to do.
Since I'm a very casual player/beginner I wanted to start with just the 2019 Core set for example, learn those cards by playing, then add one expansion, and so on...
Nope we don't have a progression mode like that. People have talked about it being an interesting concept, but noone has ever fleshed it out. Playing Sealed Deck in the set of your choosing might be the best way to accomplish this.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Kiryu666 » 25 Jan 2019, 22:50

I tried several combinations of names and still could not identify the names of the "welcome deck 2019" to be able to put an image in quest mode
Attachments
Sem título.jpg
Kiryu666

Postby Andymadness » 26 Jan 2019, 16:44

Kiryu666 wrote:I tried several combinations of names and still could not identify the names of the "welcome deck 2019" to be able to put an image in quest mode
If you go to your "res\quest\precons" folder in forge you should be able to find the welcome deck 2019 .dck files (there are multiples of them). From there you can open those files with notepad and it will show a section for what image file name is associated with the welcome deck. For example:

Name=Core Set 2019 Welcome Deck (BG)
Description=As a black mage, you seek power at any price. Every advantage comes at a cost, and you will sacrifice whatever is necessary to control the forces of death and darkness. Boundless ambition drives you to victory!
Deck Type=constructed
Set=M19
Image=m19_black.jpg

I hope this helps as it is my first post.
Put me in a cage with that S..O..B!
Andymadness

Postby Andymadness » 08 Feb 2019, 03:31

Hey all,

I am starting to set up a custom format quest and I'm going through a majority of the options tweaking them to my liking. However, I have come across an option in the quest preferences that I don't understand. What does it mean by "Rotation Type" which is currently set to a "0"? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Put me in a cage with that S..O..B!
Andymadness

Postby Shades » 22 Mar 2019, 06:58

I'm wanting to create a world or quest mode representing the penny dreadful format. Is there a way to build a world based on an include list (all cards in the format) or do I need to just include all the sets and ban every ineligible card in the format? Is there a different way to go about this?
Shades

Postby RumbleBBU » 23 Mar 2019, 07:05

Shades wrote:I'm wanting to create a world or quest mode representing the penny dreadful format. Is there a way to build a world based on an include list (all cards in the format) or do I need to just include all the sets and ban every ineligible card in the format? Is there a different way to go about this?
Probably a more intuitive and efficient way would be to simply make a new set definition, e.g. "Penny Dreadful Edition", and include all cards you want in it. See viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19637 for instructions on how to add new set definitions (under "2. Add the card to a set").

This set would then be the only set you include in your world definition.
RumbleBBU

Postby Stampedo » 24 Mar 2019, 23:02

Is there a guide explaining how to create new worlds and opponents for that world?
There are lots of worlds themed around early expansions, it's easy to take advantage of those worlds and obtain cards that are very expensive.
Stampedo

Postby RagnitePowered » 31 Mar 2019, 16:21

+1 for the request for such a tutorial, it'd be great! Of course, I'm a beginner and I still have to get used to the game overall, but it wouldn't hurt to be able to do that afterwards, once I get the hang of it.
RagnitePowered

Postby monobluegruul » 31 Mar 2019, 22:04

Stampedo wrote:Is there a guide explaining how to create new worlds and opponents for that world?
There are lots of worlds themed around early expansions, it's easy to take advantage of those worlds and obtain cards that are very expensive.
I think the first post of this topic (and the linked second and third parts) are pretty much already that. The only updates I've noticed is that challenge ids no longer have to be numeric, and icons are stored in a new place. The only thing I'd add is that you can't use the |SET modifiers on cards in AIExtras and HumanExtras, since | is the delimiter for the list of cards/tokens.
monobluegruul

PreviousNext

Return to Forge